Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wouldn’t worry about MP’s getting too many tweets, that is part of the job. This just shows how naive she is, or that she thinks some people should be targeted incessantly #theyworkforyou and all that.
It takes a bit more than just badgering someone on social media to make a change, look how long we have been here asking for the Thrifty Beige postcards to be sent out to the patreons who have paid for them...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I'm still on a mini-grunk so forgive me if someone else has already mentioned it, but:

"Thank you for contacting us with your complaint about Del Monte Europe Ltd in association with Jack Monroe’s advertising.

We’ve assessed the ad you highlighted and, from the information we have, we think it likely to have breached the Advertising Codes (“the Codes”) that we administer. We are writing to let you know that we have taken steps to address this."

🙌

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 133
I remember reading that the latest FareShare facility has been named Melanie Maynard House, after Marcus Rashford's mum. To me that speaks volumes - can you imagine Jack ever paying tribute to another person in that way? It would be Jack Monroe's Jack Monroe House on a Bootstrap by Jack Monroe.
Which name though? That one or the one she now wishes she never changed as she is now a BAME person too?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Don’t you have to raise a deposit to stand as an map? Maybe she discovered she couldn’t do a Kickstarter, and she bailed?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
This thread title is brilliant but will bring the fear every time I read it!

@TheDragonWithAFlagon fabulous lyrics as always.

“Without whom this initiative wouldn’t have occurred to me at all” ha ha ha ha. Because no one else had tweeted this exact same thing before you ay Jack? 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
what the hell does "focus on the asks" mean? she's literally shoved that in to make it kinda rhyme, but only in a southern accent though.

it's worse then the forced rhyming titles here

• Haha
Reactions: 38
There are 68 million people who live in the UK. Close to 45 million are over the age of 18. There are 16 million UK twitter accounts (and about 1 million of those are Jack's own). In this context, 17,000 accounts tweeting is 'some'.
Is 17000 a good amount for a campaign? It seems alittle low? Or have I misses the point?

Reactions: 24
I ruined my lunch today...chicken soup but instead of POBP i had TMBP and now my mouth is on fire...sigh

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Stop trying to make THUNDERCLAP happen.

View attachment 378332
Early adopters = blue tickers

Oh better thank the person who looks to been pushed aside with Jacks hashtag.

Agree with others that this type of campaign should come from inside NHS and actually have meat on the bones details, this is just a useless bone (birds keep dropping bones in the garden and my dog keeps bringing them in the house lol)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
"How was your day, babe?"
'I spent 16 full hours repeating a Twitter hashtag.'
Not a conversation that would go well with Mrs TUIT.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
You mean focus on what you're asking for? Okay, a raise for NHS staff.

Which staff? How much of a raise?

Free parking? For whom? What else?

I'm focusing on the asks but beyond a hashtag trending I don't know what you want.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
Oh my mistake, the asks are
-Pay (they get paid though)
-PPE (they get PPE though)
-Protection (from...?)
-Parking (where? Outside of Morrison’s? Up the high street?)

For all frontline workers. So NHS and private employees.

Edit to add- wHaT AboUt ThE ExCLudEd seLf EmPLoYeD?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
You mean focus on what you're asking for? Okay, a raise for NHS staff.

Which staff? How much of a raise?

Free parking? For whom? What else?

I'm focusing on the asks but beyond a hashtag trending I don't know what you want.
Obvious, innit?

She wants to

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I'm no expert on campaigning but would it not make sense to have a clear set of demands? As far as I can tel it's asking for NHS staff to "get the pay they deserve". How much is that and why leave it to a Tory government to decide? Has anyone consulted the unions on what their members are looking for? How will we know if the campaign has been a success if it doesn't have specific goals? It's just typical Jack "lets half ass this while I'm in the mood" horse spunk.

ETA: Just spotted @Emmapism 's comment above.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Coming out of de-lurking to say....
As a front line worker in the NHS, I don’t appreciate her jumping on this bandwagon for her own glory.
She currently has no idea what it is like to be on the front line, so I’m actually finding it quite insulting, as she sits and bloody tweets all day.
It all just feels very disingenuous, we know her motives for doing it and it isn’t to help NHS workers it’s to raise her own profile 😡😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 106
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.