Jack Monroe #129 Jack, could we have a quick chat?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The reason she stopped trying to be an MP was because it was too hard.

I know 2 people who have stood as Labour candidates (neither won) and it is an unbelievably involved process.
You have to go to MP school (notthe actual name but you get my drift!) and it is full on.
They are taught how to stand, how to speak, body language etc Then they go through absolutely EVERYTHING about you. One girl had to contact the woman her husband had an affair with years earlier to warn her that she would be interviewed (and basically warned off from speaking to the papers)
You have to dedicate your life to it and this is before you are even selected as a candidate.
Oh and a whole new social media persona had to be created..

I'm pretty sure Jack wouldn't have gotten through the first week, let alone get to actually be voted in and all the hard work that follows.

I decided against it because I knew that there would be multiple angry exes pissed off about not getting a slice of any money touting their versions of events to the papers. And probably a couple of relatives (relatives by genetics, not by any form of relationship as they're tossers). There isn't anything I'd actually be ashamed of or embarrassed by - the tit I have done, well, I did it, regret it, etc - but the lies that they would punt out for a) the money, b) to keep up with their political opinions and c) just to be a bleep would be spectacular.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I love that she popped up with her "that might be me" response to one individual who was unaware of her greatness. Meerkat Jack.

I just wish I could think she was being genuine about this hashtag crusade. Seems ungracious that I can't. 😞
I wouldn't feel that you're ungracious. You're just seeing the reality of her campaigning which boils down to the essential problem with her - it's all about her success, her work, her dopamine hits through social media. Hence why she has to link everyone to her tweet, call herself the hashtag founder, and why she wouldn't spotlight a more useful hashtag that's already in circulation (and is clearer in meaning than #thunderclapforcarers) or focus particularly on a campaign that's got less attention than the NHS - social care workers on minimum wage, or gig economy workers. She doesn't care about what impact campaigning can achieve and so this hashtag won't achieve much.

i'm honoured! But the real credit for the thread title should go to the true MVP Rosemary Scoular 👏

blessing this thread with my current lunch of homemade spicy baked beans, sourdough, halloumi, pickled onions and avocado. Not a single baked bean was rinsed in the making of this dish.View attachment 378160
I wanted to give this an angry reaction- as in angry that it's not my lunch!

• Haha
I remember reading that the latest FareShare facility has been named Melanie Maynard House, after Marcus Rashford's mum. To me that speaks volumes - can you imagine Jack ever paying tribute to another person in that way? It would be Jack Monroe's Jack Monroe House on a Bootstrap by Jack Monroe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
I've been eating coco pops for lunch every single day of 2021 so I was just really proud of this tbh
I've had roquito pepper cheese and biscuits for lunch, filled with a buttered scone and a long life filled brioche (on offer at the Co op), plus a mug of Yorkshire rea. It was delicious

Reactions: 20
I've had roquito pepper cheese and biscuits for lunch, filled with a buttered scone and a long life filled brioche (on offer at the Co op), plus a mug of Yorkshire rea. It was delicious
No lunch here. Jack hasn't told me what to do with my out of date custard and gammon. Don't have a slow cooker (or 7) and had curry last night. #bewildered 😕😉

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She could never be an MP, bc it would mean the press and public taking a closer look at all her lies claims. Believe it or not, she’s too dishonest to even be a politician!
#thread title too dishonest to be a politician 🤣

Dear Jack Monroe MP,

I'm a constituent of yours, resident at 23 Railway Cuttings, East Cheam. I want to voice my concerns about the amount of time it's taking to complete the roadworks outside my house (situated on the A182683837) and the often dangerous state the pavements are left in at the end of the working day. I'd be grateful if you could look into this for me. I'm 65 years old, and have mobility issues. My wife is also in poor health, and daily walks are our means of getting out and about and staying fit.

Kindest regards
Mr and Mrs R Insed-Bean

Dear Mr and Mrs Bean,

I'm suffering from severe burnout and am extremely and severely unwell at the moment. Are you not aware of all the work I do with hashtags on Twitter? Please bear with me as I recover from covid and regain my sense of taste and gently, softly, slowly come to terms with living in a rented bungalow. Hard relate and you got this.

Jack Monroe (MP for
And another one!
#thread title Little Pixie on the Hashtag)

Mod edit: All, please leave thread title suggestions until later in the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Cor, that was quite the grunk to start my day!
I’m only up to breakfast which is cornflakes with soya milk. Stay tuned for more 🔺

🥳👶 congratulations to @Ladderedtights on baby tights with smol toes and feets

So, she’s invented a hashtag. I used to work for an organisation which lobbied and campaigned (told you-🔺) so when there is an issue to change and campaign for, there is a load of boring old planning and researching that goes into it. Key individuals, supporters, grass roots supporters, fundraising, press packs, MP briefing packs. The social media campaign is the easy bit when you launch.
I’m sure the organizations she has piggybacked have already done some of this background (I really hope so) but let’s face it, what is the “ask” of the #ThunderingIdiotHashtag?
- Could the ask be written up as a change.org petition to seek debate in parliament?
- Could the ask be costed?
- MP replied to tweet/email and asks what you are proposing, how do you reply?

What Jack has done is the equivalent of invented a hilarious name for a shop and she thinks she’s Theo Paphitis.
She’s opening a hair salon called British Hairways except she’s not a hairdresser, she hasn’t rented a shop and she’s never ran a business.
Virtue signaling on a grand scale. And just look at how happy it’s made her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
We had Burger King from a desert petrol station for lunch, but that was hours ago. We drove out so the kids could take some pictures for insta for something to do- loads of COVID cases this week and I won’t let them see their friends (school still open and it’s legal to have 30 people at your house).

Tonight we are having chilli, might make it horrible by adding in any random herbs and spices and a brexit tin of Del Monte.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
It's been said before but I think her link to MR should have got her all name lit up and bells ringing but it didn't so she got all geared up for something else that had nothing to do with her.

*I have absolutely nothing to do the fishing trade but I might get an sm and start a hashtag to enable the to fish wherever and whatever they like. Just too see my name in lights. I'm not going to support the by actually bigging up a cause they actually have going, nope just my own made up and you all better acknowledge it's me that's doing it or I will let you know... Passive aggressively of course. **

**All joke***

Reactions: 18
When Alan Partridge gets called to the BBC because there’s a new commissioner who wants to put him back on the telly...

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I never thought id say this but poor poor MPs.
She really is something. Love just carry on writing youre books and stop trying insert yourself into everybody else's life.

Also I don't know if it's possible but can you block a hashtag as I believe the MPs will just do this. I really wish the medical staff would respond to this so we can seek their approval or if they think it's a big fat farce.

I mean people not her arse lockers but genuine medical people and for them to do it in the media, doesnt seem to have geared any attention that way though, not that I have seen anyhoo.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
She had to pull out of being the worlds smollest MP because she got death threats delivered to whatever crappy dwelling she called home back then. I'm not sure who was responsible for said threats or if any action was taken or if they even happened at all.
She can’t blame tattle for that!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.