Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The unabashed irony that a woman who thought it fitting to go to A&E during a pandemic to legitimise a black eye made from eyeshadow, and who has frequently admitted that she does not entrust her MH & ADHD management to the NHS rather pays to go private, should be creating a fuss over NHS heroism purely for likes and attention.

Of course she’s too good for NHS treatment, but she’s heard it’ll do for the rest of us plebs. Now like her tweet, scumbags.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Not quite. A book advance is an advance on royalties, so if the book sells 20k copies and her royalty is 50p a book, she gets nothing for the first 14k copies sold, those 50ps go to her publisher to repay the advance. She would only get another £3k from the last 6k copies to be sold and then it could be anything up to 6 months after the sales are made, because royalties are usually paid twice a year in arrears, plus any unsold copies returned from bookshops will probably be minused off it, depending on her contract. In other words, it's £10k in total, not £7k plus another £10k.

EDIT: This may be what you meant and I've misread it, apologies if so x
No, you’re all good, I was wrong on the overall amount. But she still gets extra royalties she didn’t mention. And I’d bet that surely tin tit book and veganpish sold more than 20k copies?

Agent, not publisher.
God I’m having a ‘mare, speed reading. Maybe her agent heard from her publisher though 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Are these people naïve enough to think that this idea will actually change anything? The Conservatives have got a massive majority and there's no election for the next 4 years. (Thankfully, as it will take that long for the opposition to sort themselves out) They won't give a stuff, it's a waste of everyone's time and effort.

But hey, it makes Jack look like an activist.

ETA it reminds me of my student politics days, when we all sat round a table thinking of ways we could "stick it to 'em" (and we were only on day release from work! 😂)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh for God sake. I hate sm. It should not be used to tackle politicans
People have spent literal years lobbying and writing letters to mps and PM's for stuff to get done. Not write a lazy post and let others do the leg work. I hope it's ignored.

Btw I don't want to see people suffer I just hate how she's trying to sort something out on sm. It's crap in my opinion. Lobby them miss I know everything about politics and actually fight it out properly. Stop being lazy.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
No, you’re all good, I was wrong on the overall amount. But she still gets extra royalties she didn’t mention. And I’d bet that surely tin tit book and veganpish sold more than 20k copies?

God I’m having a ‘mare, speed reading. Maybe her agent heard from her publisher though 🤪
Well yeah, because there's all the copies idiots like me bought for foodbanks (in my case college libraries) boosting the royalties.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Perhaps her new politicans fight is because it didn't go so well and she wants to a pile on.

She literally wastes her time.did I not read she had politcan mates, why doesn't she ask them to write something about her plight using info from the book she was writing. It might get through parliament quicker than taking up the MPs twitter pages with.

Hi pay attention to me.

Viva la Revolution.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Perhaps her new politicans fight is because it didn't go so well and she wants to a pile on.

She literally wastes her time.did I not read she had politcan mates, why doesn't she ask them to write something about her plight using info from the book she was writing. It might get through parliament quicker than taking up the MPs twitter pages with.

Hi pay attention to me.

Viva la Revolution.
Thinking about it... If JM manages to start really pissing off our elected officials surely interest in the backstory/Kickstarter/Patreon etc will increase and more will become aware of the grift?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
She's desperate to go *actually* viral, isn't she? This thunderclap thing is exactly what she was trying to do with the Marcus Rashford copycat last night - a pretty simple thing in which she does minimal work but gets a lot of credit. She got a laughably measly 714 likes for the school resources tweet, so that has now obviously been abandoned. This one is doing a bit better - 4.6k and the potential for more - but it's nowhere near enough to produce an actual twitter shockwave. Unless this tweet starts doing some serious numbers in the next hour or so it'll be a damp squib and she'll never speak of it again :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Good luck to her. I hope she goes viral and then she's goes away and finds something more constructive to do with her time. Like rinse beans, slow cook an entire cabinet full of mushy peas.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.