Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
TBH all I want today is for Rishi Sunak to tweet complaining that he's been waiting 3 months for his first weekly set of beige recipe cards...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
Hooo boy! What a grunka! Thought I was never going to get to the end. She's really outdone herself, hasn't she? Her agent wanting a word is the perfect way to end my morning's reading 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 66
oh my god. ‘a quick chat’- that’s what you say when someone is gonna get done. I am speaking as someone who has been on both sides of a quick ring.
Nah, reckon it'll be to tell Jack she's finally made it to the office and that it's stuffed so full of post she can't get to her desk! Donations! Letters of gratitude! Endless bleeping shopping trollies! Poor ickle Jack can finally get back on her feet 🥺. It's a ruddy miracle!

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I know this has been said but I want to repeat it in very simple terms for when she next reads here.

Buying a home does not mean you can stop working. You still have a mortgage. Furthermore, you still need to save in case your boiler
breaks, your roof leaks, a water pipe that is under your garden explodes or any of the other things that are looked after by (good) landlords.
You are also very much tied in to your location so that if you need or want to change job or decide to move across the country to
be with a new partner, you can't just give notice.
This is something I’ve never understood about her, most houses require some sort of work. Realistically the sorts of houses she’s looking for (expensive and big lol) will be a mixture of older parents looking to downsize because the kids have left or probate properties where the owners have died, so require a degree of modernisation. It’s a poorly thought out grift tbh

Reactions: 40
oh my god. ‘a quick chat’- that’s what you say when someone is gonna get done. I am speaking as someone who has been on both sides of a quick ring.
'Quick chat' are the two most terrifying words coming from a superior or employer.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Screenshot here for anyone who doesn't have Twitter (I assume I don't need to squiggle her as she's her agent and not a random member of the public, but happy to be corrected if people disagree):
View attachment 376189
omg this is embarrassing. How many calls and emails has Jack ignored for her agent to contact her publicly through twitter? I would die

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
Screenshot here for anyone who doesn't have Twitter (I assume I don't need to squiggle her as she's her agent and not a random member of the public, but happy to be corrected if people disagree):
View attachment 376189
Furious deleting and backpedaling to begin in 5...4...3...2...1... (or as soon as she's had her 11th dino nap)

Extraordinary that her agent has had to tweet her in public like that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Maybe they want rid of the non designer trolley the squiggle sent, that’s still squatting in the office
"So Jack, I still have a shopping trolley here for you, which I'm going to courier to your house. And also, you're off the books. Byeeee."

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Hooo boy! What a grunka! Thought I was never going to get to the end. She's really outdone herself, hasn't she? Her agent wanting a word is the perfect way to end my morning's reading 😂
it really is the perfect twist that no one saw coming

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Once again I thank god for these threads, without which all these moments would be lost in time, like tears in the rain.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I really need to be working but I'm flicking between the virtual office and here like a sad loon...and I actually do need to earn money by typing words for a living, unlike that THAT BOLSHY BAKED BEAN BLOGGER.

Reactions: 25
I'm thinking about setting a twitter alert so that I can be notified next time she tweets!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I'm sitting at my desk alternating between my William Hill account and Tattle. Laughing so much! Thankfully no one has asked for a "quick chat" yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.