Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From a distance the clapping looks deranged, but all my friends and family were doing it. Politicians definitely don’t care about letters/ emails from people who wouldn’t vote for them anyway, they are influenced by party donors etc. I have written to MPs etc- they dgaf.

Reactions: 29
I know this has been said but I want to repeat it in very simple terms for when she next reads here.

Buying a home does not mean you can stop working. You still have a mortgage. Furthermore, you still need to save in case your boiler
breaks, your roof leaks, a water pipe that is under your garden explodes or any of the other things that are looked after by (good) landlords.
You are also very much tied in to your location so that if you need or want to change job or decide to move across the country to
be with a new partner, you can't just give notice.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
This is a squiggle who Jack frequently engages with and who blindly takes Jack at face value.

_20210107_103015.JPG

Jack rn:

jack tweet.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Good grief. Do we think she has very little respect for Louisa’s job or is it the sheer jealousy of the fact that Louisa actually needs to work / be away from the crappy Bungalow? I feel so sorry for SB. He’s probably quietly doing his homework, knowing he has to tip toe around Jack. And if what Jack tweeted was true, he’ll also be a worried about his sibling? Maybe try hugging your kid Jack instead of crying on Twitter about how life is so hard?

My labour is ramping up and for some reason between the cramping, excitement and nervousness, I’m finding comfort in all of your forensic posts.

I can’t get over the Bebo selfie, does she realise other people can see that!? Her agent? Mom?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Am back on furlough so got some time to keep up again and contribute the odd comment, have tried to dip in when I can... I truly can’t believe her bullshit is still being believed by her fans!

Anyway this tweet has irritated me because it’s not her idea! It was floating round twitter yesterday, so why not just post the retweet rather than try and claim the idea. Especially when she fumes if she thinks people have stolen her crappy recipe ideas.

She also missed the idea where medical professionals were suggesting that they don’t want claps but they want people to stay home, wear masks and wash their hands. (Staying at home jack includes you!)

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I know this has been said but I want to repeat it in very simple terms for when she next reads here.

Buying a home does not mean you can stop working. You still have a mortgage. Furthermore, you still need to save in case your boiler
breaks, your roof leaks, a water pipe that is under your garden explodes or any of the other things that are looked after by (good) landlords.
You are also very much tied in to your location so that if you need or want to change job or decide to move across the country to
be with a new partner, you can't just give notice.
nah if the boiler breaks she will just crowdfund it init

Reactions: 25
These tweets from last night have been deleted (plus all the ones Rish Mate was tagged in).

Screenshot_20210106-221610_deleted1_1.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-221617_3_1.jpg

Screenshot_20210106-221617_2_1.jpg

Screenshot_20210107-002309_4_1.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
At 23k with one child and renting she would be still able to claim universal credit if she had no savings etc. You know if the picture she painted on Twitter was actually real. She'd be entitled to about £800 pm. I mean I know she does all this bollocks about never claiming again because of TRAUMA AND CRYING AND LETTERS, but if it was the choice between that and genuine poverty you'd claim it. Who would just ignore £9600 a year?

• Wow
Reactions: 40
Her agent has tweeted her asking her to give her a ring.
Screenshot here for anyone who doesn't have Twitter (I assume I don't need to squiggle her as she's her agent and not a random member of the public, but happy to be corrected if people disagree):
Screenshot_20210107-105645~2.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 102
oh my god. ‘a quick chat’- that’s what you say when someone is gonna get done. I am speaking as someone who has been on both sides of a quick ring.

Screenshot here for anyone who doesn't have Twitter (I assume I don't need to squiggle her as she's her agent and not a random member of the public, but happy to be corrected if people disagree):
View attachment 376189

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
I love the fact that even her agent knows that the best way to reach Jack is through bleeping Twitter. Phone call? Email? Whatsapp? Nope!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 101
oh my god. ‘a quick chat’- that’s what you say when someone is gonna get done. I am speaking as someone who has been on both sides of a quick ring.
Nothing strikes fear into my heart like the request for a "quick chat"...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.