Jack Monroe #128 Just eat the custard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s remind me of my brother in law how is self employed. He’s complained about the lack of support from the government. It’s because a large chunk of his income is cash in hand so he can’t claim against that.
she’s probably earning too much or still earning so can’t claim anything. Poor lamb.

Reactions: 32
This is exactly why I think she did it. I'm still a bit shocked at her SEVERE chaos from last night... and the way she acted like 23k is a pitiful salary.
This is it. It’s her sense of entitlement that really enrages me sometimes. Catching up on last nights chaos and my god the absolute brass neck she has.

No-one NO-ONE who is so upset has the presence of mind to set up a bleeping photo shoot of them crying to share with all and sundry. This is almost as bad as the ‘pity me wearing a hat’ pic from over xmas

I just want to scream at her. Mr WT has been out of work for 11 months now due to the pandemic. We’ve no idea when he’ll go back. He’s very lucky to be furloughed but we’re managing on a very reduced income from him and my wages as a freelancer (which don’t even come close to the £23k she’s mithering about) neither of us are clawing at the floor, begging the chancellor or posting tit like this on Twitter. We’re resigned, we’re getting on with it and hoping for better times by Summer.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Morning all - sorry I just could not deal with this last night! It sent me into an absolute rage (on top of what is happening in the US) and I had to go into a dark corner with a flannel over my head.

What I had calculated from the 2018/19 accounts is that around £104k had been removed from the business bank account (after I had allowed £25k for the pay / tax of the second employee from the business, whom we assume is Caroline). We cannot tell from the accounts exactly how it was paid out - these are micro accounts so they don't show a director's dividend amount on the paperwork.

If she is saying she doesn't pay herself a dividend, then she could have taken the whole lot out potentially as PAYE (taxed at source in the business bank account) of which she then allocated £23k to live on (her version of the living wage), and saved the rest into a savings personal account.

Doing it via PAYE she would take home after tax around £68k. After paying herself £23k that leaves £45k which has gone somewhere.

It's perfectly possible she could have done this, but not what an accountant would recommend, as it's less tax efficient overall. I do have some friends who are contractors but choose to pay themselves via PAYE (after charging clients a day rate) because they are worried about owing tax on dividends etc and this way they know they've paid tax in full up front. We know Jack has said she struggles with managing her money, so maybe she also is concerned about this (in that case don't empty out the business bank account to the point where you can't pay your corporation tax bill)!

She keeps referring to money put aside for the forever house so it could be that the remaining, larger sum (£45k) could be squirrelled away in a personal, savings account for the deposit.

What doesn't make sense though is the rental cost of the bungalow (approx £2k per month) which she is now paying by herself - that doesn't add up on £23k a year to live on. And that's before bills and living expenses, unless she's getting a significant discount on the rental cost.

Anyway, HTH, got to dash to work. Love to all. xxx
Is it possible she took it as a directors loan thus avoiding the tax? 🤔 and now the deadline is looming shes in a flap hence the tweet regarding wanting a list of payments?

• Wow
Reactions: 25
My god she really outdid herself last night didn't she?

I do not get why she is still pretending her ex-partner and friend/BB are not the same person?Why do the squiggles not join the very large and easy dots? Why is Louisa still there (it seems the arrangement is 4 nights a week)? There is no way Louisa is earning under £75k, she can easily help Jack if needed. As @MancBee said, what's the point of her being there is Jack is still struggling everyway possible?

The reason she will never get a "real" job is because all she is interested is talking/writing about herself, all the time. She is vile.

Also when she had her job at the fire service and everything was going great and she had "a beautiful home", she said she earned £27k, so not that much different from £23k she earns now but yet can't afford butter.

Sorry, not very articulate this morning, she's annoyed me so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
This is it. It’s her sense of entitlement that really enrages me sometimes. Catching up on last nights chaos and my god the absolute brass neck she has.

No-one NO-ONE who is so upset has the presence of mind to set up a bleeping photo shoot of them crying to share with all and sundry. This is almost as bad as the ‘pity me wearing a hat’ pic from over xmas

I just want to scream at her. Mr WT has been out of work for 11 months now due to the pandemic. We’ve no idea when he’ll go back. He’s very lucky to be furloughed but we’re managing on a very reduced income from him and my wages as a freelancer (which don’t even come close to the £23k she’s mithering about) neither of us are clawing at the floor, begging the chancellor or posting tit like this on Twitter. We’re resigned, we’re getting on with it and hoping for better times by Summer.
The quite mystifying thing is that Monroe has this almost insane tendency to be both appealing for sympathy whilst bragging at the same time - she does it quite a lot, posting some fancy photo with inane bullshit text about how hard her life is whilst oh-so-subtly showing off her expensive furniture, for example. And she done it again last night, when talking about her salary..

• Heart
Reactions: 49

I do not get why she is still pretending her ex-partner and friend/BB are not the same person?Why do the squiggles not join the very large and easy dots? Why is Louisa still there (it seems the arrangement is 4 nights a week)? There is no way Louisa is earning under £75k, she can easily help Jack if needed. As @MancBee said, what's the point of her being there is Jack is still struggling everyway possible?

The reason she will never get a "real" job is because all she is interested is talking/writing about herself, all the time. She is vile.

Also when she had her job at the fire service and everything was going great and she had "a beautiful home", she said she earned £27k, so not that much different from £23k she earns now but yet can't afford butter.

maybe L told her to stop talking about her on twitter so Jack invented BB as way to placate her but still have some mention - and of course she couldn’t keep it up and has now made it obvious.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Oh dear. I'm afraid you don't have access to the forensically stored receipts going back to those halcyon days that show there
has been inflation, that was THEN.

(Not to be confused with the receipts for expenses that she always loses).

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Feel Like Pure tit Jack and Arabic Jack all in one night? You’re spoiling us, mate! She obviously felt like her threads needed a boost and threw us a bone 🙏🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Lady Jack
Why you cry
You can’t claim for SEISS
And you know why
You also lie
So lady Jack
Don’t cry
Why
Tho.
This and @Alansbigplate feel like tit meme have made my day 😂

I should be offended by her acting like a 23k salary is a pittance.
I’m older than her, work harder than her (not that that says much LOL), and despite 🔺working for Big Admin, earn less than her. But it doesn’t get to me.
I‘ve had times when it’s all got a bit much (who hasn’t), I swear I’ve got so much more that I could complain about than her (again, who hasn’t).
But honestly, I’ve got so much love in my life, friends, family, that sometimes feel like I’m the luckiest woman alive. It’s cheesy but I don’t care, it’s true.
Jack you might as well be a millionaire but I know that me, and all the other “ghouls” here have so much more perspective, empathy and humour than you’ll ever understand. Now duck off! X

ETA. I bleeping RENT too! And I’m that unbothered by it I literally forgot! 😂
Babe, same. Even when things do get difficult at least we know we’d never act like Jack does!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Just burned my toast because I had to take an urgent work call.

Where's MY support, Rishi?!?

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I’m on a catch up as always but her responses to people have sparked a bit of rage in me. It’s like she thinks she’s the only one who is struggling. She bangs on about people not showing her any compassion and needing to get help but when someone actually asks her for help/tells her they’re struggling/offers kind advice she publicly does a verbal tit on them from a great height. She is so unkind and spiteful, I do believe her that she’s lonely because who would want to be around such a nasty person.

• Sad
Reactions: 44
It's all so confusing. So is or isn't 44 year old Louisa Compton (Head of News and Current Affairs and Sport at Channel 4), who stole Jack Monroe's Brexit tins and gave her the long covid, living there still? Why does Jack change her mind on this every 2 minutes? Why did Jack post that horrendously embarrassing sadface selfie? Why did she tweet Chancellor Rish-mate her life story? Did she really pass on that £20 to that grifter?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
It's all so confusing. So is or isn't 44 year old Louisa Compton (Head of News and Current Affairs and Sport at Channel 4), who stole Jack Monroe's Brexit tins and gave her the long covid, living there still? Why does Jack change her mind on this every 2 minutes? Why did Jack post that horrendously embarrassing sadface selfie? Why did she tweet Chancellor Rish-mate her life story? Did she really pass on that £20 to that grifter?
Next week on glee

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Friend

I imagine ‘friend’ has left or has made it clear she’s not buying her a house/financially supporting her - hence the tears.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.