Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly? I just want to know why she’s sorting through boxes of old newspaper clippings while she’s supposedly on a writing deadline.

I thought I was the procrastination queen but she is something else entirely.
I have appeared in several local, and national newspapers in my life 🔺️. A couple of times to do with my job, a few times to do with my LGBT activism, a couple of articles I have written (can I call myself a journalist?), a couple of times (a long time ago) with my school. I even appeared in an article in the gay press about a club opening event. I had a double paged centre spread about building heritage locally.

I didn't clip them out and keep them like some fame hungry idiot.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Honestly? I just want to know why she’s sorting through boxes of old newspaper clippings while she’s supposedly on a writing deadline.

Oh when is she NOT going through her old stuff to make her feel all warm inside (and to find #content for twitter)? All the 'clearing out' she does is obviously hampered by her habit of 're-discovering' pieces of herself in her piles of paperwork and sharing it as evidence of how SPECIAL she is with her lucky followers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
It must be traumatising going from family holidays to the countryside in a navy blue land rover, having so many clothes as a kid you could lay them all out in your own bedroom and colour co ordinate them, to having to budget. Thoughts and prayers babe, don’t worry about anyone else their genuine trauma 🥴

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
That’s the thing. When people appear in papers, it is generally parents or grandparents that do the cutting out and keeping of clippings.

But how would that work here? When the clipping is about her stint in poverty when she refused/didn’t receive help from her family or denied the entire episode to them?

I am beyond confused.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Look at my sad face and how traumatised I am. Defo wanna keep that where’s the chuffing scissors

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Just thinking about this whilst I spend another break on my own to avoid the plague pits. She went very quickly from losing her job to balifs? Surely that takes a while? I don't have any experience of balifs but I recently refused to pay a bill because it was wrong (I didn't owe anything) and there was months of them threatening, sending me to collections department, pretend offical letters etc before it was sorted. They don't just send a guy to bang on your door the day you jack in your firefighter call handler job after maternity leave and don't pay your Kays Cataloge bill.

View attachment 374244
yep often thought from previous info posted here that the whole timeline doesnt seem quite right, from what shes said in the past

Reactions: 27

Doesn't she have to move soon?

Reactions: 19
"Never leaves you"? What not even when you were living it up with your millionaire girlfriend in a west London home?

Not even when you were spending vast amounts of money in celebrity haunts, on high end clothing, buying ugly but expensive trainers?

Not when you are buying expensive water rowers, expensive unnecessary gym equipment, fridges, crockery, gifts?

Not when you are sharing your home with a successful highly paid Head of Channel 4 News, even after she ceased to be your girlfriend?

Not when you are buying umpteen sideboards and other furniture to cram into every available space?

Not when you are paying a huge rent for a massive four bedroomed two bathroomed home far in excess of the space required for a mum of one?

Not when you are going on your (never been on) holidays, jaunting up and down the country on expensive overnight sleeper trains, staying in expensive hotels and eating in (not a chain) restaurants?

People that have had a child die, that never leaves them. People that see a loved one die, that never leaves them. People that have endured and escaped from war, that never leaves them. People that have experienced any number of unspeakable abuses, that never leaves them. People that have been imprisoned because of their politcal views, sexuality, or religious beliefs, that never leaves them.

Having a brief period in relative poverty doesn't have to define you for the rest of your life. Yes, it will change your views, and hopefully make you more empathetic. Yes it should make you aware of what others can and do go through, and have more compassion.

It should make you a better person, not turn you into someone who will forever make personal gain from emotionally blackmailing people on SM for financial gain. You are no different from those that beg on the high street.

Get a grip, you self absorbed emotional vampire.

Sorry for the long post, but I've got one on me today.
Imagine being so privileged and yet so void of personality, character, talent, skills and career options that you'd still be literally basking in, and living off of, one 6 month period nearly a decade ago in which it wasn't possible to impulsively waste tit loads of money on things such as you mention. Great post.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Indeed. The thing is she wants us to be sympatheitc for her and make some excuses because she was once poor and is disabled etc.... but she also wants us to fawn over her like a celebrity who is an expert on all matters.
But she has no sympathy for others, she does nothing for anybody, unless it benefits her in some way, she constantly coat tails others efforts for self promotion. She lies, scams, deceives most of 'her' recipes aren’t, and she constantly has her hand out. At least big issue sellers actually provide something.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Urgh. What a Grunk!
I might be in the early stages of labour (boredom and watching my toddler eat a slice of lemon voluntarily) but I HAD to catch up. Meeting her Dad and brother in Asda? Really? Why not just text and ask to meet in the car park after they’ve both done their respective shopping? Does the black brother know she has a monetised video of her describing herself as ‘white as (maybe Hellman’s) mayo’? It’s all a joke.
If she truly reacts in a scared way whenever the front door goes then SB will be picking up on that. Does he think their home is going to be taken away from them at any moment? Does he have visions of burly removal men carrying away the Strawberry Thief curtains and the mismatched cutlery?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Oh duck OFFFFFFFF you dramatic hoop! I’ve had a (singular) bailiff at my door before because I was a dick and didn’t pay my council tax (not sure why, was an ostrich about it)... she came in, we agreed I would pay it back at a monthly sum. She left.
Shame my ‘origin story’ isn’t exciting enough for a film or radio show as I could have added some HARROWING scenes such as:
-Borrowing £50 from my mum for shopping
-Putting petrol on a credit card
-Cutting up said credit card
-Cancelling Spotify

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
The #24hoursinpolicecustody hashtag is hilarious (and *very* Jack).

How the duck did she get a hot water bottle btw, surely that’s a potential weapon?! She was gagging for that cheese sandwich wasn’t she 😂

If I ever caught my husband rifling through old mags and papers I’d assume he was having a funny turn / am dram moment about his own mortality? He didn’t even bother to buy them I was the mug traipsing round central trying to find xyz. Tbf to Jack he’s never known the glory of being an express & telegraph columnist so I imagine she has a lot more to be proud of 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 24
yep often thought from previous info posted here that the whole timeline doesnt seem quite right, from what shes said in the past
And as the poverty was 10 years ago, any ccj's would have passed by now. So the bad credit guff doesn’t add up either

Reactions: 35
She also said she moved somewhere between 18 times and 24, it depends on her story. How did these bailiffs manage to locate her with such regularity? She says they were knocking on her door daily. Benefits agency do not give out forwarding addresses, so she must have furnished them with her multitude of addresses.

Once the bailiffs had located her, and confirmed she had nothing of value, why would they return time and time again wasting their time?

Nothing, and I mean nothing, adds up. I would love to sit her down and properly question her to get to the truth. Make her explain where there's obvious discrepancies. I was tempted during the infamous thread 31when she made an appearance, but an online discussion page is not the place.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 70
I just said 'Yes @MancBee !' at my phone. Ha!

Touching on what @Veronicaaa said about keeping the clippings and 're-discovering' herself for attention.....in my opinion that's why she keeps saying she is going to curate these Twitter lists.

Because she MUST control them and claim credit for them. Whether it's a list about local services or how to sleep effectively. It's why she hashtagged Jack's lockdown larder. Because she needs people to believe she's being kind to others, ahead of her need for people to just have the damn help. And the genuine good she could do on her platform always has to be seen through the Jack Monroe lens. That's why she hates giving credit to others. Even her compliments to Marcus Rashford imply he is continuing work she started, rather than doing something extraordinary.

A grade A weapon.

Reactions: 42
I have appeared in several local, and national newspapers in my life 🔺️. A couple of times to do with my job, a few times to do with my LGBT activism, a couple of articles I have written (can I call myself a journalist?), a couple of times (a long time ago) with my school. I even appeared in an article in the gay press about a club opening event. I had a double paged centre spread about building heritage locally.

I was once in a national newspaper because a university club I helped start won a prize 🔺 I was so proud that I bought 3 copies! Then I took a closer look at the picture and it became apparent that my skirt was tucked into the top of my panties.

I can relate to Jack because now I triple check my clothes, even when wearing traazers.

It never leaves you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 82
Sorry to bring things back to the custard cake, but I honestly HATE it when she does this. Probably went to look for it but then got distracted by frotting herself over the SHEER POWER of her own writing.

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 09.46.50.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.