Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely fed up, I work in a secondary school
Sorry I’m 20 pages behind but just wanted to say, I feel you, I work in one too. I thought before Christmas was hard, but two days into January and it’s just devastating! Sending virtual love and support ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Just jumping in (apologies if this has landed anywhere inappropriate) but is anyone else watching 24hrs in Police Custody?

Well, this advert popped up & I nearly choked on my 9pm cuppa...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Imagine if this self indulgent whinging cow actually had to deal with some real life altering hardship?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
The replies......I can’t bear pity and she feeds off it. They are the family of newspaper cuttings.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
aye, I was just thinking smug too! like, yay I've made it to the paper! this is the start of my glittering media career and fast pass to the groucho!

• Haha
Reactions: 46
As a level 7 vegan AND ponce I’m here to tell you that fresh banana blossom in Keralan curry is delicious, but tinned stuff is totally meh. Best use I’ve found is stewed in hot Korean flavours with pickles.
Battered and deep fried, it's good. But make sure to rinse it like a baked bean before battering. You can also marinate it in nori and soy or stock to make it a bit more savoury and vaguely like chip shop fish. Eh, you know how to Google...

• Haha
Reactions: 22
aye, I was just thinking smug too! like, yay I've made it to the paper! this is the start of my glittering media career and fast pass to the groucho!
look at that young whippersnapper, little did she know that in a few year's time she'd be sat at the Groucho bar on Brexit night telling Jude law to sit the duck down so she can see bleeping redcar. A true rags to riches tale.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.