Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's always just below the surface 😂😂😂

Why does Jack always end up sounding like my teenage diary?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
It's always just below the surface 😂😂😂

Why does Jack always end up sounding like my teenage diary?
That’s the age of development she seems to be stuck at. Apologies to everyone’s teenage children!

I agree with everyone else that she just looks smug in the photo - the only truth is that it’s still there, as she’s definitely still insufferably smug.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Just jumping in (apologies if this has landed anywhere inappropriate) but is anyone else watching 24hrs in Police Custody?

Well, this advert popped up & I nearly choked on my 9pm cuppa...
Yes, and I had the same reaction as you! Also, that police officer is a kindred Herr - "She'll have polio by the end of the week..." :ROFLMAO:

Edit: ALSO, the ever-changing dietary requirements - can you imagine how vegan JM would suddenly become if she was ever in police custody? (I said IF, your honour) That tomato allergy she forgets about would be back with a vengeance!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Just jumping in (apologies if this has landed anywhere inappropriate) but is anyone else watching 24hrs in Police Custody?

Well, this advert popped up & I nearly choked on my 9pm cuppa...
I saw the Ad and chuckled thinking 🤔 one of the Frau will have clocked this and be tattling about it. Good work @SweetTransvestite 😘

Reactions: 23
That is one of the poses that used to be seen in every local newspaper. Woman with glum look because something isn't going her way. Similarly there's the one with a family with sad faces because something didn't go their way. Or man with angry face because something didn't go his way.

It screams provincial newspaper photograph. The photographers must do some sort of course in clichéd poses.

ETA, I wonder what these photographers are doing now local papers have all but disappeared.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
Been on a grunk due to work today but goodness gracious me!

Shout out to :
List dad- can imagine him checking up to see what the secret ingredient was

Express dad: ohh... Carole malone isn’t back.... let me read a bit more about this person my daughter was so interested in......

I think Alan has peaked today!
She’s not had a jaccident for a while has she
Jaccident!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Your dad somehow getting dragged into all of this is the plot twist of the year!

honestly, I don't know if it's good or bad that he's never enquired after it!

probs he's just like, that's my girl, she's always loved lists! 😫

• Haha
Reactions: 39
That is one of the poses that used to be seen in every local newspaper. Woman with glum look because something isn't going her way. Similarly there's the one with a family with sad faces because something didn't go their way. Or man with angry face because something didn't go his way.

It screams provincial newspaper photograph. The photographers must do some sort of course in clichéd poses.

ETA, I wonder what these photographers are doing now local papers have all but disappeared.
Ricky Gervais's character in Afterlife is a local news journalist and it's always spot on

• Haha
Reactions: 27

My favourites are the sad face Pointing at something, a 'crater' on the road, or a dog turd. Or maybe an erroneous For Sale sign

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51

I am screaming with laughter and can't stop...the picture with a whole family looking sad/grim "we waited in front of ASDA the whole day only to find out it was closed"...woman bought lightbulb and finds a mouse in the box.. there is also the pointing to something picture: "this is where the alien landed/my car stood before it got stolen"...OMG I must now immediately search for one of those pictures!!

Edit:
@FrumpyCat ,haha, you also appreciate a good pointing one!

• Haha
Reactions: 43
My favourite is ‘teenager sent home for completely inappropriate hair cut that you allowed them to get despite knowing full well it was against the rules’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
There is a FB group called 'Angry People in Local Newspapers'. Full of disgruntled people pointing at hedges or pavements.
Jack would fit in wonderfully tbh.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71

For those on twatter there is an account called Angry People in Local Newspapers featuring a plethora of such pics 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 36
My favourites are the sad face Pointing at something, a 'crater' on the road, or a dog turd. Or maybe an erroneous For Sale sign
Kid sent home from school for wearing black trainers - pic in front of school sign at gates with mum holding (and pointing at with other hand) the offending trainers and the kid arms crossed, scowling

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.