Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I really ignorant or something but I've always felt a bit ick when people sell their ( souls) stories to the paper for a bit of woe is me
There's tonnes and tonnes of people out their dealing with tit and not getting their 5 mins of fame from the sun or other crappy newspaper. It just goes to show you that journalism,. Good journalism is now non existent and the fact that children and people in other countries who are being bombed and massacred are being over looked due to miss, I'm a bit skint like most of the current working class people in the UK. It's not news it's everyday life for many people, yes address it, yes talk about it but In a way that helps, not another sob story.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
also is that her beloved piano behind her?
...Yah, that was just before the old joanna was draaaged out onto the street. Chopped up for firewood it was. Still had the arm notch on the lid from all that heavy leaning & the right hand keys were almost beaten flat.

Sad timesπŸ˜₯

• Haha
Reactions: 56
another vote for angry people in local newspapers. also available on twitter

Screenshot_20210105-224607_Twitter.jpg

it's the absolute best. apart from maybe @daytimesnaps

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I am screaming with laughter and can't stop...the picture with a whole family looking sad/grim "we waited in front of ASDA the whole day only to find out it was closed"...woman bought lightbulb and finds a mouse in the box.. there is also the pointing to something picture: "this is where the alien landed/my car stood before it got stolen"...OMG I must now immediately search for one of those pictures!!

Edit:
@FrumpyCat ,haha, you also appreciate a good pointing one!
This is my all-time, personal favourite...enjoy!https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/16/couples-anger-told-cant-buy-meat-pies-9am-morrisons-7470227/

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Jfc that newspaper cutting. How is she not *embarazzed* to continuously post this tit meanwhile the squiggles refuse to ask where beloved daddy she was tweeting about just this morning was while she was selling everything she owned. Please, make it stop

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Sorry I’m 20 pages behind but just wanted to say, I feel you, I work in one too. I thought before Christmas was hard, but two days into January and it’s just devastating! Sending virtual love and support ❀
Thank you ❀

Just jumping in (apologies if this has landed anywhere inappropriate) but is anyone else watching 24hrs in Police Custody?

Well, this advert popped up & I nearly choked on my 9pm cuppa...
I missed that, I must have popped to the loo

I am screaming with laughter and can't stop...the picture with a whole family looking sad/grim "we waited in front of ASDA the whole day only to find out it was closed"...woman bought lightbulb and finds a mouse in the box.. there is also the pointing to something picture: "this is where the alien landed/my car stood before it got stolen"...OMG I must now immediately search for one of those pictures!!

Edit:
@FrumpyCat ,haha, you also appreciate a good pointing one!
Angry people in local newspapers!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
That picture from the archives looks suspiciously well-lit. Must have been just before she sold all the lightbulbs.

I think Alan has peaked today!
She’s not had a jaccident for a while has she
She's probably positioning Cooper at the top of the stairs as we type. "Just fell down the stairs (which my RENTED house that both is and isn't a bungalow may or may not have) and broke 78 bones in my Mediterranean arse, SEND DOGGOS"

• Haha
Reactions: 39
What.The.duck.Is.She.On.About? Honestly this pish just enrages me. My The Poverty was longer than Jacks and happened twice.It was awful and I got depressed. It took a lot to pull myself out of it but I got there in the end. No PTSD, no lurid stories, no dealings on the used light bulb market. My story is had to sign on for a bit, some people were kind, others were wanks but it ended. Now when I have a bit of spare cash I think wooohoo! Everyone goes through misery in life, folk get sick, we lose people we love, accidents happen, tragedies happen. No one escapes rotten times completely. This endlessly harping on about a brief loss of status and income is just embarrassing and makes a complete mockery of what is a serious issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.