Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
things spotted in the news today tha should be of interest to our smol ickle pixie

1. police cracking down on lockdown breaches, more fines issued
2. snp mp prosecuted for travelling whilst infected with covid
3. people who have tantrums as a child grow up to have financial problems, age faster and are dissatisfied with life
No 2 interested me.....and if I was the SNP in question I would be kicking up a storm about how Dominic Cummings did the same with no repercussions.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
We're absolutely bleeping not desperate for anything of the sort. 90% of my time is spent debunking bollocks on the internet passed on by well-meaning nice-but-not-appropriately-qualified-or-trained people, she's the last person we need up in our niche. Public health is a real job, not a Jack job.
#thread title a real job, not a Jack job.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Hi Jack, I tried tossing my yoghurt through my lentils and now there's a dreadful mess in my kitchen. What should I do?
this has absolutely killed me for some reason. I'm almost hysterically hooting and wheezing

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
She’s a scary lady isn’t she? Also the weird whispering voice, I was the other end of the room and she was pissing me off speak up hun I can’t hear ! duck off with the am drams hun (and incidentally amdram club is how they met!)

@Walkdengirl ty for the tip off was fewmin they didn’t drop both at the same time. Maybe it was to give Louisa time to get to the safe house...
No probs, I've set a reminder for tonight

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
No 2 interested me.....and if I was the SNP in question I would be kicking up a storm about how Dominic Cummings did the same with no repercussions.
Margaret ferrier travelled on public transport in September and Nicola sturgeon urged her to quit

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Squiggle: I have some radiator mushrooms, a kilo of mayonnaise, six prunes and a desire for self-flagellation, what should I do with it?

Jack:

jack with an egg.png

@Boyo it's a pun on ouroboros, a symbol of a snake eating its own tail.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Different laws in Scotland innit
Also Cummings wasnt an 🥕elected MP he was a personally appointed Special Advisor

Reactions: 15
Squiggle: I have some radiator mushrooms, a kilo of mayonnaise, six prunes and a desire for self-flagellation, what should I do with it?

Jack:

View attachment 373382

@Boyo it's a pun on ouroboros, a symbol of a snake eating its own tail.
Best one yet!

Just made the mistake of looking at more answers on her lockdown ladder post. What is wrong with people?

If you have an apple, or rice pudding, or mince pies, or chocolate, just eat them. There is nothing you need to do with those things, other than eat them. That's it! No need to turn it into something. It already is something. It's food, and you can eat it!

Please tell me I'm not the only Frau who looks at a yoghurt and thinks 'tasty, I'll have it for breakfast' rather than 'hmmm, what a conundrum. WWJD

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Everytime a squiggle calls her a national treasure another part of my soul crumbles away. Lockdown larder is absolute bullshit, she does it for a day or two every time she sees the opportunity to make it look as if she does something.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Best one yet!

Just made the mistake of looking at more answers on her lockdown ladder post. What is wrong with people?

If you have an apple, or rice pudding, or mince pies, or chocolate, just eat them. There is nothing you need to do with those things, other than eat them. That's it! No need to turn it into something. It already is something. It's food, and you can eat it!

Please tell me I'm not the only Frau who looks at a yoghurt and thinks 'tasty, I'll have it for breakfast' rather than 'hmmm, what a conundrum. WWJD
See now, Harry - you’re just needlessly simplifying things. An apple, a mince pie, a yoghurt - they all need to be slow cooked with a raw onion.
PS - Dare you to get WWJD as a lockdown tattoo.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Everytime a squiggle calls her a national treasure another part of my soul crumbles away. Lockdown larder is absolute bullshit, she does it for a day or two every time she sees the opportunity to make it look as if she does something.
Have said it before but when this is all over, that day in the future when covid is talked about in the past tense, then Monroe will be bullshitting all over the internet insisting that she was providing an invaluable service throughout each lockdown.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Best one yet!

Everyone wants to be a maverick. It seems that the Squiggles don't realise that not everything goes together, either - there's a lot of I have oats, soup and chocolate, what to do? and surely the answer is eat them separately and have 3 nice dishes rather than one bowl of primordial soup?

Anyway, this made me nostalgic for disco toilets in pre-covid days:

20210105_191229.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
Q
Have said it before but when this is all over, that day in the future when covid is talked about in the past tense, then Monroe will be bullshitting all over the internet insisting that she was providing an invaluable service throughout each lockdown.
I honestly don't think many people of real interest pay her too much heed. She might get the odd half arsed well done after incessantly tagging random blue ticks. It's funny you don't see of them
Tag her without her tagging first.

It's like she's saying hello I'm here?

And they respond with oh yeah.. well done pet.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.