Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kirsty MacCall video is on tv. Looking For A New England.......duck Jack has spoiled it, I can't even listen to the fantastic Kirsty now. ☹☹

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Shes some bleep, i swear. How can she still be harping on like a hard done by single parent when she lives round the corner from her family, co-parents effectively and has a hostage bubble buddy? The boy is 10, she can 'work' from her expensive chairs/sofas/beds, he is more self sufficient than a young child ffs.

My friend is a single parent with literally no family in the country, 2 kids under 6, no support, made redundant, on "affordable" rent, up to her eyes in debt, relying on food banks and loans from friends, ive had to talk her off the ledge twice in the last month. THAT is the single parent who needs support and empathy. Not that bleeping bleep Jack.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 105
What’s with all the Waltons-esque messages all of a sudden? She’s mentioned her siblings more in the last couple of days than she has all of last year.

Make me want to puke tbh
She's trying to soften her wild brotherdecker image.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She has suddenly started saying 'fold it in' all the time. It must be because we pick her up on saying 'bung it in' for every lockdown larder tweet. Ridiculous person.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
A pint of yoghurt = roughly three/four servings.

We still have three days until Friday.

1. Eat with fruit for breakfast.
2. Eat with fruit for lunch pudding.
3. Eat with leftover cake/mince pie/yummy things for dinner pudding.
4. Eat with honey/syrup for breakfast.

Aside note..... bonus points for her tossing the yoghurt through lentils and not folding.
Why buy it? I don’t like plain yoghurt, or Greek style yoghurt so don’t buy it. I buy coconut to put on granola for breakfast, and fruit yog for lunch

• Haha
Reactions: 22
This might be true if you were a keyworker and had young children, but not so much for someone with a 10yo where she can easily work from home, has local contacts and can access food delivery services and has a co-parent. I'm currently home alone with my two (10+), I'm doing work and tattle on my PC, one is doing online high school stuff, the 10yo is playing fortnite and chatting to his mates online. I've got food in the cupboard and a top up order arriving from amazon prime a bit later. We might all get dressed at some point. I realise that we are all in different 'boats' in the current 'sea', but she really is making this out to be more than it is for sympathy hits from blue tickers. My only goals during the previous and this lockdown are to supply enough snacks/meals, keep everyone safe and warm, pay the wifi bill, and do enough work to satisfy my employers. If Jack did that and stepped away from Twitter chaos, imagine how much simpler her life could be. She has multiple employers/partners/sponsors and money coming in from patreon. Just do 'enough' - the world doesn't need to be saved by the Lady of Lockdown.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
A pint of yoghurt = roughly three/four servings.

We still have three days until Friday.

1. Eat with fruit for breakfast.
2. Eat with fruit for lunch pudding.
3. Eat with leftover cake/mince pie/yummy things for dinner pudding.
4. Eat with honey/syrup for breakfast.

Aside note..... bonus points for her tossing the yoghurt through lentils and not folding.
Just reading about tossing the on the turn yoghurt through the the warm lentils is making me feel queasy. Slightly put me off the three cheese bake I was going to have tonight. 🤢
BTW, surely it's STIR in this case?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Yep, she puts him into subordinate employee status: "Thanks for all your hard work"...
The cheek (understatement, lacking a better word now) of it !!!
Exactly this. And then to add insult to insult, she completely ignored the content of his tweet, about being grateful for all the extra work done by teachers and assistants.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
My favourite are the ones who say things like "I have a tin of peas that went off in 1974, I opened it and it's giving off radioactive gas clouds. I fainted at the smell. Do you think it's ok to use?"
Squiggle "I bought something to try. I tried it and didn't like it. What should I do with it?"

Well here's a radical idea, chuck it in the bin. You don't like it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Let’s not forget that the only reason Lockdown Larder was started was because she was bitter about THAT MAN getting the C4 show. She timed the first run of Lockdown Larder at the same time as his show and once smugly tweeted something along the lines of, “That’s 80 recipes done in an hour. How did the other one do?” (screenshots are somewhere on here). Letdown Larder has only ever been to serve herself and her ego.

Screenshot added:
View attachment 372778
I don’t think she’s ever given an actual “recipe” as such in her Lockdown Larder. It’s all “sling it in a dhal”, “bung it in a curry”. The concept is flawed, because if you are the sort of person to go to Jack for tips on what to do with a particular item, you’re hardly going to be an experienced cook who knows how to make a curry or a dhal. And you’d be better off searching on Google, there are limitless resources out there when it comes to recipes.
She was desperate for this Lockdown Larder to become a “thing”, which it almost did for the first 24 hours back in March, but she’s tried to resurrect it a few times now and it just fizzles out after a couple of days of minimal interest from Twitter. Plus her shtick is so so dated now.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.