Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was feeling a bit miserable last night what with... everything.
But I have to say, today's posts on this thread have cheered me right up!šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 50
She's replying to a blue tick who hasn't tagged her with recipe advice - whilst ignoring all the squiggles who are actually trying to participate in lockdown larder. She also seems to have already forgotten that she was meant to be looking for the custard cake recipe. Horrible cow.

Screen Shot 2021-01-05 at 13.36.29.png

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Whenever anyone says bellend I think of @Billybellend now!

Who ā€œfolds inā€ green beans (Jack, I know) folding is a very specific term which has no real use outside of baking where you are trying to keep the air in, no?
Argh this is what she does. The most basic of basic cooking with the occasional 'technical' term thrown in to appear a bit cheffy and knowledgeable.
If you throw out these silly words and look at the guts and bare bones* of the recipe it usually boils down to 'put it all in a pot at the same time and cook for a long time'.

*Recipe idea for Jack.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
My favourite are the ones who say things like "I have a tin of peas that went off in 1974, I opened it and it's giving off radioactive gas clouds. I fainted at the smell. Do you think it's ok to use?"
Anyone else thinking about the Friday Night Dinner episode with Martin's tin of 20year old stewed steak?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Argh this is what she does. The most basic of basic cooking with the occasional 'technical' term thrown in to appear a bit cheffy and knowledgeable.
If you throw out these silly words and look at the guts and bare bones* of the recipe it usually boils down to 'put it all in a pot at the same time and cook for a long time'.

*Recipe idea for Jack.
Why does she put so many ingredients in to these slops? If her USP is shoestring (bootstrap?) cooking and using things up. I guess if you like all the constituent parts there's a fair chance at least some of the outcome will be palatable. A lot of what she comes up with aren't recipes, they're just collations.

Reactions: 29
Ah, Xanthe has replied to about 15 people who suggested tuna things and 'liked' tonnes of others.

Not Jack's though..

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Ham rice pud, bacon on porridge to make ā€œhorridgeā€ is this a new style of tit recipe emerging to add to eggy fish/fishy eggs/fruity fish?

@TVC15 Iā€™ve wanted on about her before but thereā€™s an autistic adhd non binary comedian called Bethany Black who is entertaining and interesting without the need for rattling a tip jar. Doesnā€™t do recipes either. Also worth a look.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.