Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My bingo:

put it in a curry (free space)
Use of Del monte (free space)
Blend it all up (free space)

too easy!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
she's probs dozed off cos it was just too exhausting to think about telling that squiggle to bung their salmon and spaghetti in a curry

• Haha
Reactions: 30
God, she's a pain the arse and the people who ask her dumb questions are too. Just Google it you bellends! :rolleyes:
I don't know why I find the questions so funny, but they really crack me up. I literally once saw someone on a FB cooking page ask Any ideas for eggs? šŸ¤Æ

• Haha
Reactions: 32
JM, the equal opportunity spreader. Stalking every aisle to find the Fam. Why the pissing piss? Last night you were poorly...remember?
Quite.
She really should not be roaming around the supermarket at length, then standing in a group of three blocking an aisle laughing and hooting. Especially if she is still displaying covid symptoms (let's pretend she is).
Brace yourselves for a few days (before the novelty wears off) of self congratulatory tweets each night about how tired she is. She no doubt thinks this entirely self inflicted task counts as 'work'.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
View attachment 372806View attachment 372807
[/QUOTE/]

Glad to see she's on top of homeschool this morning. ( As she's able to tweet shite about lockdown larder. We are having a very basic but still some work first day till the poor teachers get their head around it all.
My favourites are the ones who have bought something without any idea what to do with it. ā€œHi Jack, I bought a tin of artichokes for no reason at all and without any knowledge of how to use them.ā€ Maybe itā€™s me but Iā€™ve never chucked a random item in my basket for a laugh. Also, what would they have done if Jackie had not been on hand to suggest bunging it in a curry? Would it just sit in their cupboards until it was time to donate it to their kidā€™s Harvest Festival collection?
I hope she's homeschooling. If she's anything like me she will be panicking like mad about how much school her kid is missing. Stopped for lunch

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Why is everything cooked long and slow? Why doesn't she grasp that tinned chickpeas are already cooked and don't need 30 minutes to soften? WTF is a "slow slow cook"? Paella rice takes about 20 min to cook. If you overcook it, or drown it in too much liquid, it's bleeping gross. She knows nothing about cooking FFS.

On the one hand, I would like DKL to come back without Jack, just to piss her off. On the other, the flying monkey attacks that would await her replacement are a poisoned chalice I wouldn't wish on anyone!
Plus not everyone has the time or fuel to cook for ages. Most people need quick healthy recipes that are easy to make if they come in knackered from work or have kids to feed and the kids can't wait. Anyone in fuel poverty or lacking an oven is not able to spend ages slow marinating. Also if they are hungry then a quick filling meal is best. It's not rocket science but Jack is unable to think outside her box.

Jack's nonchalance about meeting her dad and brother really fucks me off. Two of my relatives died last year and due to Covid restrictions we had not seen them since 2019 and Jan 2020. We all live in different regions too so travel is of course restricted. It's really hard to process because we never saw them again and now we never will. Jack playing fast and loose with the rules is frankly disgusting and an insult to those of us who kept the rules and also have someone to shield. I really wish she would take a day off. Or get investigated by the police.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 64
I'm disappointed she was still so "on it" this morning.
Lockdown 3 has given her a metaphorical hard on. ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Hi @TVC15 thereā€™s a really interesting documentary about a tv presenter with ASD. Not sure if or how you could access it where you are
The thing is, Chris managed to get a tv career in the 80s and maintain it AND be something of a national treasure.
I guess he doesnā€™t have RA and ADHD and he isnā€™t non-binary so he had it easy
Hey, thanks so much @HotesTilaire ā€” this is fantastic. I found the doc on Vimeo after a quick search. 2 minutes in and itā€™s authentic and relatable and deeply interesting. Canā€™t wait to watch the rest tonight. šŸ¤šŸ¤šŸ¤

• Heart
Reactions: 44
What's everyone's favourite type of Letdown Larder contributor, BTW? I'm torn between the ones who have fancy ingredients that Jack clearly doesn't know anything about (eels, banana blossom, chip shop chips) and the hi Jack I've got some bread, any ideas? crowd...
My favourite are the ones who say things like "I have a tin of peas that went off in 1974, I opened it and it's giving off radioactive gas clouds. I fainted at the smell. Do you think it's ok to use?"

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Can I just say that I become apoplectic with rage when she says "fold" instead of "stir in". Like even typing this raised my blood pressure.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
My favourite are the ones who say things like "I have a tin of peas that went off in 1974, I opened it and it's giving off radioactive gas clouds. I fainted at the smell. Do you think it's ok to use?"
YES! I hope we get an update on that 4 year expired mustard (so it must be what, a decade old?!) that is a dusty solid she rehydrates......

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.