Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You've started me off looking now. There's a lovely looking raspberry and almond custard cake recipe on Olive website. Uses long life ready made custard, ground and flaked almonds and frozen raspberries. It looks better than any cake Jack has made. I still have loads of cake left over from Christmas and Birthday, but I am so going to make this one when I need more cake.
Oooo that’s sounds lush!

Reactions: 13
Awwww, she's chucking her toys out of the pram because no blue tickers gave her head pats for her lockdown larder schtick yesterday. Boo bleeping hoo. How many did she reply to, two was it?

Xanthe Clay didn't even "like" her tweet about the tuna. Boo bleeping hoo.

Sicknote Monroe. She's so predictable it hurts.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
@TurnedUpInTipp what does this say in English, please?
I’d set up a twitter account to ask, for likes and follows but I can’t be arsed.

Women's Christmas! The tradition being that on this day, also called Little Christmas, women delegated the cooking/cleaning/other unwaged work to the men and children and would get together to relax. It's also the day for taking down Christmas decorations and I think any greenery taken into the house would also be burnt on this date. There's also various business about well water turning into wine at midnight but only when left totally unobserved - much like I am hoping my various term assignments will somehow write themselves, an approach I seem to have in common with certain food writers.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
@TurnedUpInTipp what does this say in English, please?
I’d set up a twitter account to ask, for likes and follows but I can’t be arsed.
It means Women's Christmas 😊
It's a tradition in Ireland where the women get together and have their own Christmas celebration while the men stay at home and do all the housework

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
I know I’ve said this a million times before, but Letdown Larder is Jack just saying random meal ideas. No recipes at all, so the Squiggles still have to Google how to make the thing. What’s the point?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
If I see "low and slow" one more time, I'm gonna throw a tin of beans off the balcony. FFS!!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
I actually think she believes what she does on Twitter is work, so it’s easy to see how she thinks she works 16 hours a day.
This is the only explanation I've ever been able to come up with. Surely even the most sycophantic and naive squiggles must know, deep down, that she cannot possibly be working even half as much as she claims to be given the amount of time she spends twatting about on Twitter every single day. And that's not even taking into account the many dinosaur naps, time with SB, eating, housework, etc. Unless she classes all that as work too!?

Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.