Jack Monroe #126 Dangling her fl*ps over a Cotswold sideboard like none of it matters

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
I don’t know anything about umbrella academy. This desert life came out in 1999 and Jack claims she’s a big CC fan so I remembered the tattoo that’s all I know
You're right umbrella academy is this years Netflix. I have somehow got to my mid forties whilst being unfamiliar with CC's work

Reactions: 20
OMG, the muttering in Pret headquarters (?) and then the idea was a realisation mere hours later - one of my FAVE Jack Tales.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
I wonder how much Jack's tattoos cost in all? She is covered. And she seems to like traditional styles a lot.

It might have been mentioned way back, but I think I recall her saying some were free? The ones she had during her poverty stint, ofc. It seems mad that she would have tattoo artists friends willing to tattoo her for free yet none helped her out with shopping or bills. :unsure:

Reactions: 44
OMG, the muttering in Pret headquarters (?) and then the idea was a realisation mere hours later - one of my FAVE Jack Tales.
Is that the same story in which she spied someone eating her creation on the Tube the VERY next day?! ('And who was that crunching commuter? Albert Einstein, ladies and gentlemen').

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
She LIVES in 2002 which is highly embarrassing. I have to assume that's when she peaked and she's never mentally progressed past that point.

That reminds me, I'm going to go full Jack with a joke that is both untimely and a terrible pun. I'm sorry, I simply must.

Q: What's Jack's favourite film?
Glove Actually

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 120
I wonder how much Jack's tattoos cost in all? She is covered. And she seems to like traditional styles a lot.

It might have been mentioned way back, but I think I recall her saying some were free? The ones she had during her poverty stint, ofc. It seems mad that she would have tattoo artists friends willing to tattoo her for free yet none helped her out with shopping or bills. :unsure:
I also wondered that. Tattoos are expensive, and she has loads. You rarely see young working class people with that many for that reason. Her tattoos scream middle class girl trying to be edgy.

If she really did claim to have been gifted free tattoos, it's the same category of absurd bullshit like finding a Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle. Just sheer, absolute, barefaced brass-necked bollocks, to explain to mad squiggles and Guardian readers how comes she's got all this expensive stuff despite being a starving single mum.

Not a chance in hell was she ever gifted free tattoos. They might not be the best tattoos in the world but they're clearly professionally done.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
If only, no Jack for a year, bliss.
Quoting myself because I need to explain....I thought she said she went to bed in 2020 and woke up in 2022 (when she really put 2002). The egg is on my face for this one. Though I stick with my thought no Jack for a year would be bliss.

Off to bed now, to wake up a year older. That's right, Christmas, New Year and Birthday done and dusted in just over a week. :(

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
She LIVES in 2002 which is highly embarrassing. I have to assume that's when she peaked and she's never mentally progressed past that point.

That reminds me, I'm going to go full Jack with a joke that is both untimely and a terrible pun. I'm sorry, I simply must.

Q: What's Jack's favourite film?
Glove Actually
(Had to change my reaction from a 🤣 to a ❤ because that is my favourite kind of joke, but when this is read out in court I want it to be known that I actually did laugh out loud. Thank SPACE you.)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Happy new year to you all! I’d like to say a quick thankbreakyou to all the mithering canal of ninnies that have really helped us all get through an insane year. It seems I’m part of a large percentage of the canal that came to Tattle to investigate the Schofield runner chaos and ended up in these much more entertaining threads. I’m so pleased I stayed! I don’t post much but I really do appreciate a nightly read/grunk 🥰 Let’s raise a glass of 3% proof kombucha to 2021 and see what Chaotic chaoses lie ahead. Health and Happiness to everyone.

On a side note, has anyone seen the Cotswold winter sale TV ad on at the moment? They must have been reading here
as they are describing their goods as forever furniture.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
She really does rip stuff off doesn’t she? I happened upon that Avenue Beat song -‘duck 2020’, and the review of it on Buzzfeed used the exact phrases she put in her Tweet about it. I’ve realized that she just plagiarizes everything.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
Netflix is trolling me. I’m watching season 5 of Lucifer and in this episode there’s a character called Jack Monroe! 🙈
Your avatar of Jack wearing her Rose West glasses and looking absolutely gormless is my favourite! Never fails to make me laugh and there are some great ones on this thread 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Quoting myself because I need to explain....I thought she said she went to bed in 2020 and woke up in 2022 (when she really put 2002). The egg is on my face for this one. Though I stick with my thought no Jack for a year would be bliss.

Off to bed now, to wake up a year older. That's right, Christmas, New Year and Birthday done and dusted in just over a week. :(
Many Happy Returns for tomorrow! 🎉🎂🎁🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 36

We are just seeing out Mrs TUIT's birthday. I got her a mat that is made of nails, broken glass and plastic spikes.
Apparently, it is very soothing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.