Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Yel

She's either blown all the money she's made from her successful career or she has it stashed away and invested while she continues on with her poor cosplay.

It's beyond grim but what I don't get how her partner is happy for her to carry on this begging bowl emotional blackmail act to get more donations. She's earnt thousands from all those £22 signed photos alone (that were mounted with cheap glue so won't last long.) Just one of her 7 books got 68k in donations, was very cheap to produce and went on to earn more on general sale.

How long can she carry on playing the martyr that she's so poor because she underpays herself? It must be exhausting keeping up the fraud.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I've just had a little nose on ebay. Multiple signed copies of JM's Cooking on a Bootstrap, the Kickstarter version, are being sold for £16. Shipping location Leigh on Sea (Southend).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Save with Jamie is a great book. Amazing for ideas with leftovers and also some great stand alone recipes. He talks about how to use frozen food too which is really helpful.

Reactions: 9
Save with Jamie is a great book. Amazing for ideas with leftovers and also some great stand alone recipes. He talks about how to use frozen food too which is really helpful.
In one breath she's saying he's telling people how to spend money (2013) and in another praising him (2018) mind in 2020, she hates him again.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She tweeted that as well, about it being 32x her annual salary
So I'm just thinking aloud here, but.. This behaviour reminds me of a friend of mine. She often posts things on her social media as a not very subtle beg. For example, she recently posted about how she wished her garden wasn't such a mess and how she'd love to be able to afford to do it up so she could sit out there and relax. Miracle happened and a charity came along and she got a £4,000 garden upgrade. Same thing for a new bedroom. For some context, she has followed and got a follow back from lots of charities which are brilliant for helping those who are terminally ill, particularly children.

Jack's recent posts about wishing she could own a house, if only she could own the crappy bungalow, hoping to one day be able to buy a property....I don't know, just seemed similar. I don't mean she wants help from a charity, but perhaps she's hoping for some money in the tip jar?

• Wow
Reactions: 12
This is food for thought. I agree that if any gossip forum/mag/tabloid was replicated in a school or workplace it would be recognised as bullying. So what makes it different? To me it's the anonymity. JM doesn't have to sit in front of us in double maths. If she hadn't googled her own name she wouldn't know we were here.

Also: admonishes people for being mean on the internet.
Calls those people 'nasty witches' on the internet.
Delicious.View attachment 121427
There’s also the point of when you go to school, you’re not choosing to put your face into the world and media to be seen and heard. You’re just going to school. By jack putting her face out there, she’s going to get all opinions- good and bad.

Reactions: 13
There’s also the point of when you go to school, you’re not choosing to put your face into the world and media to be seen and heard. You’re just going to school. By jack putting her face out there, she’s going to get all opinions- good and bad.
Also, if you feel you're beyond reproach then criticism shouldn't be such an issue, no?

Reactions: 8

Yel

Jack reading this thread is like evesdropping on a private conversation. You wouldn't want to know what people say about you behind your back, but when your a celebrity you invite admiration and critique. It's in no way similar to school yard stuff. The very nature of fame thesedays is sharing an extraordinary amount of your private life, especially for those with a limited talent.

Imagine one person having 6 signed new copies of her book, all in Leigh on sea too 🤨
Screenshot_2020-05-02-23-08-40-928_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_2020-05-02-23-09-06-954_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
It’s just such an unboundaried overshare that no one need know. I love talking about personal finance & think it’s so important for women especially but like... this ain’t it x
Personal finance is such a good topic, I was up to my eyeballs in debt a few years back, living beyond my means and divorce cleared me out. I took the bull by the horns and sorted my tit out, grafted , earnt where I could through various streams. I didn't enjoy having no money and I dug myself out of a big hole and am reaping the rewards now. If anyone asks me how I did it , I tell them. Not because I'm wanting kudos but because I want to pass on and help.

Bit of a rambling statement. But I was trying to make a point somewhere in there .

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Jack reading this thread is like evesdropping on a private conversation. You wouldn't want to know what people say about you behind your back, but when your a celebrity you invite admiration and critique. It's in no way similar to school yard stuff. The very nature of fame thesedays is sharing an extraordinary amount of your private life, especially for those with a limited talent.

Imagine one person having 6 signed new copies of her book, all in Leigh on sea too 🤨
View attachment 121664View attachment 121665
Paupers cookbook. Urgh.

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Personal finance is such a good topic, I was up to my eyeballs in debt a few years back, living beyond my means and divorce cleared me out. I took the bull by the horns and sorted my tit out, grafted , earnt where I could through various streams. I didn't enjoy having no money and I dug myself out of a big hole and am reaping the rewards now. If anyone asks me how I did it , I tell them. Not because I'm wanting kudos but because I want to pass on and help.

Bit of a rambling statement. But I was trying to make a point somewhere in there .
Well done on working through it, it's a lifelong process init, I'm still constantly learning and bleeping up with it, just thankfully now it's at a much less reckless scale and usually my intentions were at least good! There's a definite gap in the market for a non-debt focused (because there are plenty of great debt ones already!) social channel, all the ones I've seen have been pig ignorant and a bit boastful/missing the point tbh...

Even the utensils look depressed.
View attachment 121676
This looks like the bit in the tower of london where they show you the old torture devices

• Haha
Reactions: 15
There’s Nigella and Marcus Wareing signed books on eBay for cheaper! 🤣

I admit I don’t know Essex at all, but is it REALLY so expensive that a C4 bigwig, and a much published author/presenter/writer can’t get a mortgage on a crappy bungalow? It must be worth SQUILLIONS!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I wonder if all the stuff about buying the crappy bungalow is pass/agg stuff aimed at Louisa (who I assume wouldn’t have a problem getting a substantial mortgage, given what she must be on).

Reactions: 17
Well done on working through it, it's a lifelong process init, I'm still constantly learning and bleeping up with it, just thankfully now it's at a much less reckless scale and usually my intentions were at least good! There's a definite gap in the market for a non-debt focused (because there are plenty of great debt ones already!) social channel, all the ones I've seen have been pig ignorant and a bit boastful/missing the point tbh...
Thankyou, it's about mindset, keeping positive and things will change. I found that a lot of the debt sites/chats helped initially, certainly MSE back in the day. Then I struck out on my own. Realised that I wasnt the best way financially but how did that stop me going for a run, digging the garden, doing overtime etc. (general terms as I know everyone's circumstances are different!).
Well done for your efforts too btw. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I dislike her use of the word cheap. can't she say, inexpensive?
*Grabs big knickers and hoists them high...*
Years ago Me and the Mister went to a crappy Wetherspoons in Staines. We ordered 2 double Vods and cokes and way back then it was cheap and I said to Mr B "ooohh that was cheap" in a throwaway comment. The geezer who served us said to me "Well madam, we prefer to say inexpensive"
I just went "Well shut my mouth, I am obviously too common for here!" (He was the landlord and wearing a scooby doo tie, just to set the scene for you)
He served up the drinks, then 10 mins later he came over to our table apologising profusely for offending me and for suggesting I was dead common (I am) and wanting to buy us drinks. We refused because obvs we are high class :ROFLMAO: and I would never accept a drink from a prick who wears a scooby doo tie.
Slightly OT but to get back on topic Jack is a bleeping rubbish cook!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
So...

32 x an £8/hour, 40 hour week salary = a £532,480 property. You can do it, Jack!

No, really, I think you can! It will only take...

Twelve photos a-peeling
Eleven links a-filliated
Ten DKL disasters
Nine adverts per blog page
Eight shed shows a-filming
Seven Guardian grumbles
Six poxy cookbooks
Fiiiiivvvee kick-start cons
Four begging letters
Three sad speeches
Two court conquests (eek!)
and a TV executive spouse.

(Just a joke Jack. Merely a little exercise to help me drop off to sleep. Works a treat. Feel free to use 🙃 x)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.