Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hunty

Chatty Member
Seems like she's managing, against all odds, to enjoy it after all. But it's still not fair because she can't buy it!

View attachment 121485
Why does it have to be, when I came to view this place to rent, not just when I came to view this place? Does she think if she puts emphasis on the fact she is a renter people will offer to chip in to help her buy?

Also didn't she just say the other week that she's literally never spent any time in the garden and had no idea that it had wisteria or something to that effect and yet now the garden was the entire reason she signed the paperwork? Ffs once again she can't keep up with her very weird lies 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 52

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
No. I am up to my chops in ham for the foreseeable future. Although seeing as our anniversary is round the corner, he will pull a ham out of the freezer.

Nah, she will do a wedding list instead. She is that arrogant.

I have just been and putting things in my basket. :)

Maybe she can lift tins by looking at them?
View attachment 122630

So my lasagna is now done and slowly cooking in the oven.
I have a question for you foodies (not you Jack if you are looking).

Have seen many people making lasagna using the dry sheets, not pre-cooking them first. I do,
If using dry, do they actually cook well even using lots of sauce?

And they have passion. JM slinging slop crap around in a bowl isn't passion.
This reminds my of the first time my husband cooked lasagne. He was using the stuff that needed pre cooking. I came back from work and he was standing in the kitchen looking stressed, on the hob were all three of our saucepans, each containing a single sheet of pasta.

'Darling,' I say 'what the fuck are you doing?' He turns to me, waving the packaging my face. 'Read the instructions!' He shouts 'It says cook separately '.

I am forbidden to discuss this with family or friends.

• Haha
Reactions: 51

Emlo

So...

32 x an £8/hour, 40 hour week salary = a £532,480 property. You can do it, Jack!

No, really, I think you can! It will only take...

Twelve photos a-peeling
Eleven links a-filliated
Ten DKL disasters
Nine adverts per blog page
Eight shed shows a-filming
Seven Guardian grumbles
Six poxy cookbooks
Fiiiiivvvee kick-start cons
Four begging letters
Three sad speeches
Two court conquests (eek!)
and a TV executive spouse.

(Just a joke Jack. Merely a little exercise to help me drop off to sleep. Works a treat. Feel free to use 🙃 x)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
Jack's on Newsnight tonight.

View attachment 122679

(Long time lurker ✋🏽)

Edit: Those Tweets have since been deleted.
Hello Marmalade!
Already deleted, eh? Interesting.
Also interesting that she just had to mention 'Mrs Js Liddle and Morgan tomes'. Rod Liddle and Piers Morgan are widely and very publicly loathed - looks like she's having another dig at Louisa via her taste.

Boy, I bet it's fun in that house. SB's out in the garden raising a barn Amish-style but on his own, Louisa is secretly digging an escape tunnel using one of Jack's flatbreads, and Jack is in her shed, making herself a Nigella Suit out of lasagne sheets.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

HarderFaster

VIP Member
New thread suggestion (can't believe how much content compulsive liars provide tbqh):

Jack Monroe #13 - Pesky little hausfraus, spotting fabrication; we'll get ourselves sued (in Jack's imagination)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
I just don't see the problem with her saying that "life was really tough for a while, I had to sell things to survive and choose eat over heat etc etc. I'm in a much better place financially now but I still want to continue to help people who are finding things difficult and campaigning for things I believe in."

Lots of us have been there, I know I have. I have moved on and although I have to budget carefully still, I appreciate what I have and I can spend money on buying a new jumper or whatever and not apologise for it. Jack is stuck in her past. She is a one trick pony of poverty and oppression and doesn't (or can't) admit that she's not there anymore as it doesn't fit her 'brand' or the rhetoric that she wants to portray. Having money and being comfortable now doesn't make what she has achieved or fought for in her past any less worthy. IMO it's something she should celebrate and be proud of, not talking about her (not so) shitty bungalow.
100% this! putting aside any discrepancies, contradictions and confusing timeline of her life events aside, and assuming everything Jack has ever stated in interviews/ on social media is true, she could have carved herself out a nice little niche as a success against all odds, ie : Jack, a member of the lbgtq+ community who despite leaving school with minimal qualifications, managed to secure herself a good job within the fire service. Following in the footsteps of her dad, himself a senior firefighter, Jack had a promising career in front of her. However , like many young women, Jack had to make the decision to leave her role when she became a lone parent. Despite having a strong support network In her own parents(who in addition to parenting Jack and her brother, have fostered numerous children, and at this point had 2 young adoptive children to care for), and the involvement of her child’s father, Jack found herself in poverty, having to make heartbreaking decisions such as skipping meals and selling her belongings in order to provide food and shelter for her child. At her lowest point, having resorted to selling her young child’s toys just to be able to provide him with economical meals such as a singular weetabix,unsweetened and softened with only tap water, Jack considered ending her own life. From her humble beginnings of starting a blog in a desire to use her experiences to bring attention to the issues faced by families such as hers, Jack, the self taught Bootstrap cook,now has several published cookbooks to her name and is working with several brands, such as Sainsburys, to produce content aimed at those who may be struggling to provide healthy Nutritious food on a budget. Despite her success, Jack is mindful of her past experiences, choosing to deposit her earning into a savings account, only drawing the equivalent of a 40 hr week living wage in which to cover her day to day living expenses. Although Jack acknowledges she is now in the enviable position of having savings put aside for a rainy day, she is able to use her past experiences to help others Who are living her past experiences right now. despite facing many hurdles ( as well as being a young non binary lone parent, Jack also has several conditions that affect both her physical and mental health), Jack is an inspiration to her many followers , proving that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

instead Jack has chosen to portray herself as still being so financially unstable that she needs to ask her supporters for financial support, to put herself, an immune compromised person, at risk to commute to a tv studio in order to pay the bills,while only living in a (two storey )shitty rented bungalow (with a large garden and large shed/outhouse). A successful chef stole her niche/show/salad recipe , a bunch of horrible hausfraussen are systematically trying to destroy her career and livelihood and to top it all off, -( and despite living alone without for the last 14 years, without any practical help around the house) her spouse has been incredibly inconsiderate and has been hogging the internet connection to work from (Jack’s ) home 🤷‍♀️

Sorry for the long post.i blame it on the fact that I’m sleep deprived, hungry and hormonal 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 44

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
You guys rock! I’ve spent my Sunday afternoon mainly queueing and shopping at Tesco and the Range, and reading these threads whilst queuing made me silently chuckle.

She really does have a chip on her shoulder about everything doesn’t she?! I’ve met people like her who take questions as criticism and cannot take it at all. They immediately believe that it’s negative against them, and attack is the best form of defence for them and they are very volatile - and impossible to manage. I’m guessing her indoors realises this and just lets the idiot get on with whatever she’s doing as to not set off a row with her. Hence why there’s never been a social media intervention.
I fear another Twitter rant is incoming. Probably blaming Tattle for something nobody here has done. In the words of the great Kevin Keegan, I would LOVE IT, if someone posted a direct link to these threads for her Jackassess to read, as she clearly doesn’t want them connecting the dots.

I’d also love to have seen Mumsnet AIBU if this was posted;

“I met a woman on Twitter, four days later she asked me and my son to move 40 miles to live with her. AIBU to go and pack my things right now?”

You have to have been seriously committed for years before Mumsnet thinks moving in is okay and they’re not an abuser!
Just to play devil’s advocate, Allegra was equally stupid, to have someone she’d just met come and move in with her and her own very young child. Both of their children were 3/4 years old when they got thrown full pelt into an entirely new family. They ended up at the same school, and lived together as siblings. Then Jack imploded and the kids then no doubt never see their new sibling again. That level of disruption is unforgivable to do to a child. Both of them made horrendous parenting decisions there.

• Sad
Reactions: 44

Excuse Me Laydeh!

100% this! putting aside any discrepancies, contradictions and confusing timeline of her life events aside, and assuming everything Jack has ever stated in interviews/ on social media is true, she could have carved herself out a nice little niche as a success against all odds, ie : Jack, a member of the lbgtq+ community who despite leaving school with minimal qualifications, managed to secure herself a good job within the fire service. Following in the footsteps of her dad, himself a senior firefighter, Jack had a promising career in front of her. However , like many young women, Jack had to make the decision to leave her role when she became a lone parent. Despite having a strong support network In her own parents(who in addition to parenting Jack and her brother, have fostered numerous children, and at this point had 2 young adoptive children to care for), and the involvement of her child’s father, Jack found herself in poverty, having to make heartbreaking decisions such as skipping meals and selling her belongings in order to provide food and shelter for her child. At her lowest point, having resorted to selling her young child’s toys just to be able to provide him with economical meals such as a singular weetabix,unsweetened and softened with only tap water, Jack considered ending her own life. From her humble beginnings of starting a blog in a desire to use her experiences to bring attention to the issues faced by families such as hers, Jack, the self taught Bootstrap cook,now has several published cookbooks to her name and is working with several brands, such as Sainsburys, to produce content aimed at those who may be struggling to provide healthy Nutritious food on a budget. Despite her success, Jack is mindful of her past experiences, choosing to deposit her earning into a savings account, only drawing the equivalent of a 40 hr week living wage in which to cover her day to day living expenses. Although Jack acknowledges she is now in the enviable position of having savings put aside for a rainy day, she is able to use her past experiences to help others Who are living her past experiences right now. despite facing many hurdles ( as well as being a young non binary lone parent, Jack also has several conditions that affect both her physical and mental health), Jack is an inspiration to her many followers , proving that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

instead Jack has chosen to portray herself as still being so financially unstable that she needs to ask her supporters for financial support, to put herself, an immune compromised person, at risk to commute to a tv studio in order to pay the bills,while only living in a (two storey )shitty rented bungalow (with a large garden and large shed/outhouse). A successful chef stole her niche/show/salad recipe , a bunch of horrible hausfraussen are systematically trying to destroy her career and livelihood and to top it all off, -( and despite living alone without for the last 14 years, without any practical help around the house) her spouse has been incredibly inconsiderate and has been hogging the internet connection to work from (Jack’s ) home 🤷‍♀️

Sorry for the long post.i blame it on the fact that I’m sleep deprived, hungry and hormonal 😂😂😂
Mark my words, relying on this constant rhetoric of piss poor poverty will be Jacks undoing eventually.

Aside from all of the lies and huge discrepancies in her ever evolving life 'story', if she persists in continuously peddling the idea that she is somehow still living on or below the breadline then surely all this serves to do is show her followers that in spite of her best efforts, she still isn't managing to make any headway in sorting her fucking life out and gaining some financial stability! Quite frankly it's pathetic. You are not a victim Jack! The real victims are the people who have made donations to you. You've fleeced the poor buggers!!!!

For those of us that are homeowners, are we supposed to sit here feeling sorry for her in some way because she is still renting? I saved for years to buy my first home. Made sacrifices and worked my arse off! I didn't save up and then spunk my bastard money on expensive jackets and trash. I mean that whole story about how she brought two designer coats just to prove a point to the shop assistant is the most crass and vulgar display of wealth and power I have ever heard. I hope it made you feel good Jack for all of about ten seconds! Did you chuck a tenner to the poor homeless person sat on the pavement on your way out? How noble of you!
Fuck me love, most people in Europe rent their entire lives! It's only us Brits who have this obsession with owning our own homes (closely followed by how many bedrooms you have......WTf is that about???). It's just a house love, get over it.
Jack needs to learn to stop tarnishing everything with this idea that 'everything's so great in my life right now....but it would be so much better if I owned a house....or had a bit more money....or could afford to do this, that and the other'.
I'm all for not forgetting your roots and being humble but Jesus Christ she's taking it to the next level and frankly it's so disingenuous that it makes me sick!

She will never be truly happy whilst she continues to tarnish her life with the same story from 10 years ago so she has to let go of it and move on for her sake and that of her son and relationship with her partner. Otherwise she'll constantly be living in a state of flux over what she has now and what she had in the past.
It's ok to move on in life and create your own success and financial security! There's no shame in it!
Jack seems to equate her own success with 'stuff' and how much she owns. Word of advice Jack; Read the book 'Solve for Happy' by Mo Gawdat and see how you feel about your life then.
It will open you eyes to what is standing right in front of you and make you realise that you could own ten houses and a fleet of cars and it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to your happiness, your state of mind or how you live your life.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

OhhBacon

VIP Member
After watching Saturday Kitchen, I stayed on the sofa and watched Nadia’s show, which was delightful and packed full of good ideas.

I think it is interesting to watch Matt, Shiva and Nadia cook because they intermingle it with knowledge and stories of their family and life, they all have ‘it’. They are all honest and have experiences to relate to the audience and talk about.

Television is escapism and cooking shows provide a lovely escape but also inspiration and ideas for cooking. I genuinely would cook everything I have watched this morning.

I really think if Jack wants to succeed she needs to learn to be honest and provide more content than simply I used to be poor and cook from tins. You can cost things and talk about the price of a recipe but the race to the bottom on price all the time is draining and not enjoyable to watch.

Going back to lemons, the conversation could have been gentle ie a lemon costs 40p and would add great fresh flavour, you can also use bottled lemons, this bottle costs £1.20 but it will last for months.
Gentle education rather than aggressive argument.

• Heart
This is food for thought. I agree that if any gossip forum/mag/tabloid was replicated in a school or workplace it would be recognised as bullying. So what makes it different? To me it's the anonymity. JM doesn't have to sit in front of us in double maths. If she hadn't googled her own name she wouldn't know we were here.

Also: admonishes people for being mean on the internet.
Calls those people 'nasty bitches' on the internet.
Delicious.View attachment 121427
I agree re being submerged in it as it is IRL / in school, but also the content? No one here is saying the stuff of school yard bullies - this isn’t any opinion on any person and especially not JM but at school I remember bullies mentioning size, appearance, your parents being poor, you being a hoe, you being frigid, so and so doesn’t like you, you’ve got braces, etc etc. We simply do not discuss such things.

I see it as commentary on pop culture & content. An article comes out & it’s print screened, analysed, discussed. A show comes out and we watch it & have a natter. We also fairly evaluate everything for what it is - eg her hair was nice when she was in the studio, she improved significantly that week in presenting style, we didn’t love the rhinestone denim number though sorry nor the weird sauce. Good on her for being able to put up a shelf, but also maybe consult a professional re gas safety in the shed hun. It’s discussion. I would be concerned if I saw anyone who always just had nasty stuff to say about her as no one should feel like that about anyone, that’s a vendetta not a discussion, and tbh as has been pointed out I’d think they were a troll or insider trying to sculpt Tattle’s narrative.

And that’s exactly the problem, none of this fits blue tick’s desired narrative. They want to be beyond comment & impunity, but you don’t get to monetise your entire existence and produce content for money (and some of that content we pay for - BBC! Or indirectly via YouTube ads etc) and not receive feedback? Or with influencers - you’ve made hay when the sun was shining pre ASA regulations, now when you break the fucking law people are entitled to say?

Someone else has said about work reviews, I thankfully have a 1:1 review with my line manager. It’s taken me years to be able to not get upset by constructive criticism as I am a sensitive baby, but that’s part of all our development curve. If I decided to become a celeb, influencer, whatever, unfortunately I’ve opened up that channel * 27292628 however many followers I acquire or eyeballs I reach. It’s why I would never put myself in such a position.

I think internet fame is a really shit place because you have all the voices, you’re more accessible than the old school fame lot and you have no choice but to participate as your audience is what pays the bills, and it must be so fucking hard to maintain boundaries and to see ugly shit surface occasionally. Plus whilst you’re comfortable, but 6 figure salary comfortable (I’m taking that as an avg insta influencer set not anything to do with JM) doesn’t get you a house in Calabasas with security ala Kardashian. Also it’s easier to drown out the shitty voices when you’re Elton John rich and can just buy a fucking Ferrari when you’re sad or get your staff to decorate the spa with Parisian roses 🤷🏻‍♀️

It’s a super fucking boring narrative tbh I’m weary of being presented like this on Twitter.

• Heart

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
So she's given up on the shed cooking? Most of this is either blindingly obvious or said item comes with instructions as to how to do it. Like the internet has been around for quite a while and has it all covered.

View attachment 121320
I'd like to add a few:
-Telling the truth
-Delivering on promises
-Owning your shit

Oh, and printer skills: collation, changing cartridges etc

PS He's only 10 - why is she lining him up to be the new Ray Mears?

• Haha
Reactions: 40

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
Just promise me one thing, ladies. And Saturn.

If and when this goes to court, and we're all asked to solemnly swear that we will tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, we will reply tout ensemble 'YES, ABSOLUTELY!'.

And whatever the verdict, we'll round off proceedings by singing (I've Had) The Time Of My Life, all pointing at Jack with those giant foam fingers people wave around at baseball games.

• Haha
  • Heart

JulieScoobyDoo

VIP Member
After watching Saturday Kitchen, I stayed on the sofa and watched Nadia’s show, which was delightful and packed full of good ideas.

I think it is interesting to watch Matt, Shiva and Nadia cook because they intermingle it with knowledge and stories of their family and life, they all have ‘it’. They are all honest and have experiences to relate to the audience and talk about.

Television is escapism and cooking shows provide a lovely escape but also inspiration and ideas for cooking. I genuinely would cook everything I have watched this morning.

I really think if Jack wants to succeed she needs to learn to be honest and provide more content than simply I used to be poor and cook from tins. You can cost things and talk about the price of a recipe but the race to the bottom on price all the time is draining and not enjoyable to watch.

Going back to lemons, the conversation could have been gentle ie a lemon costs 40p and would add great fresh flavour, you can also use bottled lemons, this bottle costs £1.20 but it will last for months.
Gentle education rather than aggressive argument.
Did you see when Matt said that he could really see Shiva eating what she made? He went on to say "I watch some people cook and I think to myself you dont really eat that stuff do you?!"

Shade towards Jack?

The chemistry this morning was so relaxed and laid back, it really was a soothing start to a fraught Saturday.

• Haha
  • Heart

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
The article with Allegra 🤢 who the fuck moves a kid in with someone after four days?? That’s actually the most irresponsible thing I think I’ve heard anyone do! I’d be happy to stand up in court and say Jack is a total fucking idiot for that, that’s not libel - most people would consider that massively inappropriate! Plus moving him away from his dad who she doesn’t like to ever mention has him 3-4 days a week. She’s a selfish bloody loose cannon. Nothing has changed since then. Also, if ‘Mrs J’ (also 🤢) is that much of a misery guts, maybe don’t move her in with your kid? A kid, who, by your own admission has had an extremely difficult and hectic childhood. I don’t believe this Mrs J is all that terrible though, given Jack’s track record of bullshitting about every minute detail of her life for maximum victim effect.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 39

BeautifulTrauma

VIP Member
I’ve been thinking about it all this weekend and I’m really pissed off at the way Jack tried to silence Tattle by threatening legal action.

Who does she even think she is to go in all guns blazing at a gossip website and some threads made up of random observations about her? Obviously there’s things in here she won’t want bringing up again as they’re a massive contradiction to the story she peddles - but this is just a page whereby all the articles and tweets and stories are collated and people comment accordingly.

What annoyed me the most is that as a poster and I’m sure a fair few felt the same, like we were being oppressed by Jack and that she would scare us all into being quiet.
And for some poor souls, Jack has won. People will be afraid to post and she will carry on lying and pretending to know the law.

Sorry, it’s all annoying me today about this and trying to stop our free speech. Everyone has a right to an opinion, just because Jack doesn’t like and can’t control it, it doesn’t mean it should be suppressed.

• Heart

FrumpyCat

VIP Member
I've just had a little nose on ebay. Multiple signed copies of JM's Cooking on a Bootstrap, the Kickstarter version, are being sold for £16. Shipping location Leigh on Sea (Southend).

• Wow
  • Haha

MarmiteExtract

VIP Member
Just had a gander at the Mumsnet thread. Two takeaways: they’ve picked up on the fact that we’ve been discussing things like the Kickstarter, which Jack doesn’t seem happy with; and they have good taste in thread titles —

9917FE2D-2C01-4AB4-B89F-75EE497FF89D.jpeg

E135A094-7ABB-4C9C-BF16-C5851D6818F7.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow

Saturn.

Chatty Member
haha yes! She says 3 engagements like it’s a competition 🙈
You don’t wear them like a badge of honour Jack. I wonder why none of them have made it down the isle.

3 ex-fiancés ... 3 freezers ... just doing the maths here.

• Haha
  • Wow

busylass

Chatty Member
I just don't see the problem with her saying that "life was really tough for a while, I had to sell things to survive and choose eat over heat etc etc. I'm in a much better place financially now but I still want to continue to help people who are finding things difficult and campaigning for things I believe in."

Lots of us have been there, I know I have. I have moved on and although I have to budget carefully still, I appreciate what I have and I can spend money on buying a new jumper or whatever and not apologise for it. Jack is stuck in her past. She is a one trick pony of poverty and oppression and doesn't (or can't) admit that she's not there anymore as it doesn't fit her 'brand' or the rhetoric that she wants to portray. Having money and being comfortable now doesn't make what she has achieved or fought for in her past any less worthy. IMO it's something she should celebrate and be proud of, not talking about her (not so) shitty bungalow.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
Can I just... I can’t remember if it’s been mentioned on these threads, but I keep randomly remembering Jack’s tweet about David Cameron’s dead son.

Now, I’m no fan at all of the Camerons. But to bring his dead son into a political Tweet. Also. The fucking irony!! She accused DC of using ‘misty eyed rhetoric’ about his son to further his agenda. Erm. Pot, meet kettle! Her blog. Small boy, looking up with his big blue eyes asking mummy why he’s got a fucking dry weetabix for breakfast... oh yeah and chuck a few quid in my tip jar, huns. How low can you go, to say something so vile to another human being, that they are using their dead child like that. I’m not ruling out any depths of shitty behaviour from DC and the Tories, but to say THAT.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 38