Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it me, or is she gunning on Twitter with the #SchoolofSkills hashtag for a piece of the Joe Wicks lockdown pie?!

And when Wicksy or someone equally as cool gets the gig on national tv, are we in line for another dose of THAT MAN AFTER IVE SPENT TEN MINUTES MAKING A LIST.

Given the list, it looks like she’s preparing her son for an apocalypse.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I notice on Matt’s Insta post of this morning (with the pic of Saturday kitchen), someone has commented that Shivi would make a great co-host if they ever need one, and Mrs Tebbutt has liked it! Ha!

8,000 pages (curiously round number) is 16 packs of printer paper. I’m a bit of a hoarder but still I only have 4-5 packs in the house at any time. I think she is a bit prone to exaggeration.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Would love to know how she has a couple of hours extra a day to teach about unblocking toilets and knitting carrots to make a shawl, I’m struggling to find time to get anything else done between home schooling/toddler wrangling/feeding and cleaning everyone and keeping the house from becoming a tip.

and to add, since my exams have been cancelled, I am a mere housefrau so goodness knows how she manages it what with all the important work she’s doing for the world

Reactions: 11
Oh Mandy well
You came and you gave without taking
Please don't go away
Oh, Mandy
With rage our Amy is shaking
And we need you today
Oh, Mandy

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Is it me, or is she gunning on Twitter with the #SchoolofSkills hashtag for a piece of the Joe Wicks lockdown pie?!

And when Wicksy or someone equally as cool gets the gig on national tv, are we in line for another dose of THAT MAN AFTER IVE SPENT TEN MINUTES MAKING A LIST.

For a bit of structure is an interesting term for JM to use .

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Yel

The sad thing is I think that post was just to get attention for herself and the son is a prop in her fame game 😔

Remember the birthday cake she made for him recently where he was shoved to the side so it could face the lens and get just the right shot. It had sparklers so seconds to get the shot. It was primarily to create content for her accounts.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Loves the sunshine so give it as much of that as you can. If it has been ok up till now, then it might be pot bound. If you gently lift it out of its pot and you can see lots of roots all growing together then time for a new pot and to pat yourself on the back for keeping a supermarket basil alive long enough to achieve that!
Thankyou! Great advice from you, @Nottonightbabe and @Sooverthat. *Prunella Scales voice* Basil? Basil! Come along, Basil!
On the flip side, my supermarket parsley is running riot without any encouragement whatsoever. I'll be able to knit a jumper from it soon.

PS I've just made two giant lasagnes, one for me and one for my mum up the road, with - as a rejoinder to La Monroe's horse spunk antics - the richest ever béchamel sauce. Even Keith Lloyd would run away screaming.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

"Getting lost somewhere with a compass and a flask of tea".....
What the duck!
In my experience when I'm lost it is usually not with a compass and a flask of tea on my person!
My previous experiences of being lost tended to focus on me scrambling into the morning light out onto a street I don't recognise with a bad hangover and my knickers hastily stuffed into my handbag.
A hot flask of tea would have been a blessing during those times!
Instead I had to settle for a can of Diet Coke from the corner shop and a swift taxi ride home.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Would she just leave him somewhere with a compass and flask and he would find his way home? Genuinely asking.

Thankyou! Great advice from you, @Nottonightbabe and @Sooverthat. *Prunella Scales voice* Basil? Basil! Come along, Basil!
On the flip side, my supermarket parsley is running riot without any encouragement whatsoever. I'll be able to knit a jumper from it soon.

PS I've just made two giant lasagnes, one for me and one for my mum up the road, with - as a rejoinder to La Monroe's horse spunk antics - the richest ever béchamel sauce. Even Keith Lloyd would run away screaming.
Put a couple of basil leaves on top for decoration. :giggle:

Reactions: 7
This is food for thought. I agree that if any gossip forum/mag/tabloid was replicated in a school or workplace it would be recognised as bullying. So what makes it different? To me it's the anonymity. JM doesn't have to sit in front of us in double maths. If she hadn't googled her own name she wouldn't know we were here.

Also: admonishes people for being mean on the internet.
Calls those people 'nasty witches' on the internet.
Delicious.View attachment 121427
I agree re being submerged in it as it is IRL / in school, but also the content? No one here is saying the stuff of school yard bullies - this isn’t any opinion on any person and especially not JM but at school I remember bullies mentioning size, appearance, your parents being poor, you being a hoe, you being frigid, so and so doesn’t like you, you’ve got braces, etc etc. We simply do not discuss such things.

I see it as commentary on pop culture & content. An article comes out & it’s print screened, analysed, discussed. A show comes out and we watch it & have a natter. We also fairly evaluate everything for what it is - eg her hair was nice when she was in the studio, she improved significantly that week in presenting style, we didn’t love the rhinestone denim number though sorry nor the weird sauce. Good on her for being able to put up a shelf, but also maybe consult a professional re gas safety in the shed hun. It’s discussion. I would be concerned if I saw anyone who always just had nasty stuff to say about her as no one should feel like that about anyone, that’s a vendetta not a discussion, and tbh as has been pointed out I’d think they were a troll or insider trying to sculpt Tattle’s narrative.

And that’s exactly the problem, none of this fits blue tick’s desired narrative. They want to be beyond comment & impunity, but you don’t get to monetise your entire existence and produce content for money (and some of that content we pay for - BBC! Or indirectly via YouTube ads etc) and not receive feedback? Or with influencers - you’ve made hay when the sun was shining pre ASA regulations, now when you break the bleeping law people are entitled to say?

Someone else has said about work reviews, I thankfully have a 1:1 review with my line manager. It’s taken me years to be able to not get upset by constructive criticism as I am a sensitive baby, but that’s part of all our development curve. If I decided to become a celeb, influencer, whatever, unfortunately I’ve opened up that channel * 27292628 however many followers I acquire or eyeballs I reach. It’s why I would never put myself in such a position.

I think internet fame is a really tit place because you have all the voices, you’re more accessible than the old school fame lot and you have no choice but to participate as your audience is what pays the bills, and it must be so bleeping hard to maintain boundaries and to see ugly tit surface occasionally. Plus whilst you’re comfortable, but 6 figure salary comfortable (I’m taking that as an avg insta influencer set not anything to do with JM) doesn’t get you a house in Calabasas with security ala Kardashian. Also it’s easier to drown out the crappy voices when you’re Elton John rich and can just buy a bleeping Ferrari when you’re sad or get your staff to decorate the spa with Parisian roses 🤷🏻‍♀️

It’s a super bleeping boring narrative tbh I’m weary of being presented like this on Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Tesco’s generic email just landed in my inbox, actually had a look at it and was quite impressed. The idea for leftovers is exactly what the daily cooking show should have covered, budgeting is more than just buying cheap tins.
I had a go on their recipe finder...it’s a goodie.
This is exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about when I was cooking earlier. She should have done something like - don’t nick my intellectual property, Jack - here’s a chicken and how to roast it whole. Here’s one I made earlier. Have it with this and that, lots of veg, to bulk it out for a roast. Make a stock with the carcass for soup, add some noodles, herbs and spices and shredded chicken. Last bit of chicken, make bao buns or something. Or! Here’s how to make a frittata to use XYZ veg, or quiche. Not everyone on a budget wants to live on spam gruel.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This is exactly the sort of thing I was thinking about when I was cooking earlier. She should have done something like - don’t nick my intellectual property, Jack - here’s a chicken and how to roast it whole. Here’s one I made earlier. Have it with this and that, lots of veg, to bulk it out for a roast. Make a stock with the carcass for soup, add some noodles, herbs and spices and shredded chicken. Last bit of chicken, make bao buns or something. Or! Here’s how to make a frittata to use XYZ veg, or quiche. Not everyone on a budget wants to live on spam gruel.
Nadiya on her insta stories today has one 5 ways with a whole chicken. JM reposts people’s attempts at her recipes. Missed a trick.

A whole chicken not v expensive, lots of options available based on your budget.

Reactions: 17
When I was 10 years old, my folks were not suggesting lists of things I should. . Was riding my bike, climbing trees, eating worms, going swimming, wandering in the woods, water fights, mucking about with friends and generally enjoying being a kid.

If I wanted to learn, I would watch them not them asking people if I should have an education timetable of a couple hours a day. especially on dough and what it can be used for. Hint - I'm still curious about your sourdough rubbish.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What the duck!
In my experience when I'm lost it is usually not with a compass and a flask of tea on my person!
My previous experiences of being lost tended to focus on me scrambling into the morning light out onto a street I don't recognise with a bad hangover and my knickers hastily stuffed into my handbag.
A hot flask of tea would have been a blessing during those times!
Instead I had to settle for a can of Diet Coke from the corner shop and a swift taxi ride home.
Ha ha ha! You've reminded me of the only time in my life when I was lost - and even then, not lost as in Blair Witch irretrievably lost, just 'where the duck am I?'. I was about to tell the story because it's a cracker... but thought better of it.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.