Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Amy babes, chill the duck out. You're talking into the ether. Nobodies even acknowledged your last 4 tweets.
Back the duck off and go and bother somebody who gives a tit.
Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 16.09.04.png

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 16.09.36.png

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Omg you are AMAZING - I’m print screening this, buying a £120 printer, £30 worth of ink and £15 of paper and printing it out #frugalliving. No but I’ve absorbed and print screened this, thank you 🥰🥰 Also how amazing being a builder’s apprentice?!

We have a really good hammer drill because my darling Eddie was insistent on it, and paid for it haha, but it terrifies me. And one of those little portfolios of extra drill bits you open up but duck knows what any of them do some of them look like something that demonic jigsaw puppet from the saw franchise would be into. The plaster is all about a year old now thankfully, and yes the walls were skimmed! We had a handyman duck up putting up some corner shelves and he had to come back like 3 times to fill the plaster in so I’ve got the fear, and our walls aren’t straight either!

I’ve bribed him to finish the garden chores this weekend so next weekend we’ll probs get divorced over these shelves, can’t wait x
Hah, was an interesting time. You don't get many 18 year old girls on building sites and I was paid appallingly badly, but I did have a lot of fun.

A masonry bit looks like the attached (flat bit at the top is the giveaway).

Not breaking the plaster is a bit of a lottery, but going slow is best way to avoid. If it's only a little bit then the bracket might cover it anyway. Otherwise, polyfilla is your friend.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 10
You go girl. I hope you at least allow Eddie to paint the walls on the staircase - I can see him descending at a rate of knots with a roller in each hand.

Talking of strong. independent, high-achieving women, I meant to mention this the other day - I had no idea that Cherie Blair had won Wimbledon!!

View attachment 121380
Oh god how awkward, you’ve caught me 😳

Why has she dressed up like those aggressive older PE teachers who seemed to believe they were actually training the next generation of Olympians? Like hun I don’t even run for the bleeping bus I’m certainly not doing your bleep test whilst on my period x

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Hah, was an interesting time. You don't get many 18 year old girls on building sites and I was paid appallingly badly, but I did have a lot of fun.

A masonry bit looks like the attached (flat bit at the top is the giveaway).

Not breaking the plaster is a bit of a lottery, but going slow is best way to avoid. If it's only a little bit then the bracket might cover it anyway. Otherwise, polyfilla is your friend.
I recognise that piece! Thank you so much!

Also Gina Yashere the comedian speaks a lot about being the only female engineer working on the docklands back in the day, if you’ve never heard her you might be interested! x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
On the subject of new cookbooks - I have a tendency to buy far too many of them for the space we have. I have a few on Kindle but mostly I like to have a big chunky hardback to read and pictures to gaze at ☺. I saw yesterday, That Man has a new one due out in August. When I mentioned this to my husband, he counted up how many of That Man's books we have. I have 16 😳😂
I likely have the same of THAT MAN’s books. I think I like them because the recipes actually work and taste nice...

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It might get a leetle cold for it at night still. It doesn't like having wet roots overnight in the cold, so make sure you water it in the morning. I keep mine in my lean to (unheated) so like a cold greenhouse really and it seems happy there. Might be slugs or snails, sneaky little bastards, they come out late evening/night to feast, and then disappear during the day, like ninja nibblers. I sometimes go slug hunting in the evenings, just before bed, because I am all the fun times.
You see, this is the tit I'm talking about. Basil bantz! I've learned something from you and @Nottonightbabe in the last hour alone. I have a little supermarket pot of basil which, amazingly, I have managed to keep alive for a month. But it's growth has slowed right down now. Repot? Move it into direct sunlight? So far it's been on my rather shady kitchen windowsill.

• Heart
These aren't even from Jack's thread! (is it sad that I know this???)
I had a look at the original tweet and it was just to the Tattle twitter account, so was just a general complaint about the site rather than as part of the convo she was having about Jack.

Not that I agree with her tactic of screenshotting random snippets of conversation with no context. I mean, honestly.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I'd like to add a few:
-Telling the truth
-Delivering on promises
-Owning your tit

Oh, and printer skills: collation, changing cartridges etc

PS He's only 10 - why is she lining him up to be the new Ray Mears?
I would also like to see:

- how to wean someone off Twitter
- good hiding places for electronic devices whilst in the ‘cold turkey’ phase
- can you buy a lie detector in the UK

(tongue in cheek your honour, tongue in cheek)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Amy babes, chill the duck out. You're talking into the ether. Nobodies even acknowledged your last 4 tweets.
Back the duck off and go and bother somebody who gives a tit.
View attachment 121399
View attachment 121400
Tons of tit gets removed - I saw two posts from a bait journo get deleted yesterday? You won’t see that because they’ve been removed hun..........

Each post has a report function & I think I’ve done 2/3 myself (nasty tit about people’s appearances, not on this thread, just don’t think it’s needed outside of dodgy garb which you can change immediately).

Honestly smh, I’d say this place is far better moderated on insta (where I’m constantly reporting those insta mamas for putting indecent images of their workhorse children up) or twitter (where I’m constantly reporting right wing tit) or Facebook who seem to be pretty happy running a middle aged 4chan for the Home Counties huns.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
I had a look at the original tweet and it was just to the Tattle twitter account, so was just a general complaint about the site rather than as part of the convo she was having about Jack.
Ahhh, ok. My bad. But she's clearly been directed to the site by Jack's complaints. I am the first to admit that some threads are super intense (I loathe Mrs Hinch and the general grey home/ Instagram cleaning trend so I read for a while during a period I was off work but some of the comments were, frankly, mental). But if you follow threads such as this, Sali Hughes and the SoDs it's incredibly obvious it's a bunch of people with fine-tuned bullshit-o-meters who are sick of undeclared shilling of tat/outright lies.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Not that I agree with her tactic of screenshotting random snippets of conversation with no context. I mean, honestly.
Thanks for the screenshot shaming babes. Duly noted.
And the tattle.life twitter pile on all started when JM decided to wage war on the poor bugger running the account.
Then in true JM style she backs the duck off, deletes her tweets then her sheep continue to harass people about using the site.
Our Mandy has had a right old time of it this last week. Poor cow!
I won't hear a bad word said about her....whoever she is

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Is Jack ever going to actually produce any videos from her shed? Or did she just see Jamie Oliver do his show from his spare room and think if she created a similar space, the commissions would come rolling in?
Nah, the shed was a manic project and she’s lost interest already, I think. Either that or her mental health has taken such a downturn, as is common after a manic phase, that she can’t even contemplate working right now.

But I suspect not much will come of it now the high of Daily Kitchen has worn off.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
Ahhh, ok. My bad. But she's clearly been directed to the site by Jack's complaints. I am the first to admit that some threads are super intense (I loathe Mrs Hinch and the general grey home/ Instagram cleaning trend so I read for a while during a period I was off work but some of the comments were, frankly, mental). But if you follow threads such as this, Sali Hughes and the SoDs it's incredibly obvious it's a bunch of people with fine-tunes bullshit-o-meters who are sick of undeclared shilling of tat/outright lies.
Totally agree! And also, the wider context of a thread is important. This is OT, but with the SODs thread, for instance, people are always calling him a wanker and a child-seller, but it’s all within the context of a thread dedicated to his questionable activities. What that twitter user has done is just found offensive sounding sentences and screenshotted them to make people go “oh god that sounds a frightful place”.

I can do the same to her old tweets — removing any context is just a daft way to get a point across 🙄

19846503-3F13-4813-BE6F-C4797D5B1E11.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
You see, this is the tit I'm talking about. Basil bantz! I've learned something from you and @Nottonightbabe in the last hour alone. I have a little supermarket pot of basil which, amazingly, I have managed to keep alive for a month. But it's growth has slowed right down now. Repot? Move it into direct sunlight? So far it's been on my rather shady kitchen windowsill.
Mine are just supermarket ones. I keep them on a sunny windowsill, only water them when they start to wilt a little. They love being dry and warm. I have a couple on the go as when I need it, I tend to need a fair bit. But if you only use it every so often, still pinch out/snip a bit here and there, just above a pair of leaves. It'll grow two new shoots and bush out, rather than grow leggy x

It's like she's just remembered she has a child and that he can't go to school atm

Here we go again. So poor, lived alone for 14 years. So what about all these relationships over the years?
She’s 32. To have lived alone for 14 years means she would have lived alone from 18 to the present day, which is obviously complete fiction. There’s fiancé 1, fiancé 2 and fiancé 3 to factor in for a start, not to mention the seriously abusive partner (*cough*who probably didn’t exist*cough*) who was around for a few months during her pregnancy.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
She’s 32. To have lived alone for 14 years means she would have lived alone from 18 to the present day, which is obviously complete fiction. There’s fiancé 1, fiancé 2 and fiancé 3 to factor in for a start, not to mention the seriously abusive partner (*cough*who probably didn’t exist*cough*) who was around for a few months during her pregnancy.
Good point! Does anyone know how long she’s lived with Louisa?

Reactions: 9
On a plant related note - why is my basil dying outside? Also something seems to be eating it but theres no slugs or bugs on it?
Basil leaves don't like to get wet, that's probably why. If you water it, only water the soil - and if it's in a pot better to have it indoors near a sunny window.

Final one I promise.... 🤭 but does Amy's comment here remind you of anyone else's twitter account and her followers? This is classic behaviour from JM and her sheep! If anyone dares to say anything remotely critical to Jack you get a swift block and pile on!
Sorry Amy but you don't have to 'deal' with anyone hun. You choose too!
If it bothers you so much then just tune the duck out and forget it exists.
100% feel that at some point Amy will realise what's she's been missing out on and will come over to the tattle side.

Screenshot 2020-05-02 at 16.33.52.png

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.