Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No point in working out where it came from?
So I can't suggest #120: Jack and trace as a thread title? I know it's early but, come on!!
Think it's more like Test & Tweet with our Jackie

Eta - do people still use the word tweet or am I just horribly out of date? I'm not a twitterer

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Think it's more like Test & Tweet with our Jackie

Eta - do people still use the word tweet or am I just horribly out of date? I'm not a twitterer
We certainly do. (I am on twitter of necessity, due to work. Making me a tweep.)

Reactions: 18
There’s a guy on my Facebook who posts every detail of his inconsequential life on there - including his battle to get access to his kids. I went to school with him and he was a bit of an attention seeker back then, but I know more about this guy from his posts than I actually do some of my own family!

Last night with him made me laugh, not content with posting his own status about how he loves that he gave work to a few local lads (he has a little business), that didn’t get enough likes and pats on the head 😂 So he posted the exact same post on a local Facebook group for the dopamine hits of likes and people telling him what a good lad he is!

Is it just narcissism or is it a common thing with a certain age group to share every detail of your life online? I know his entire life story, he proudly posts about his house being repossessed last year/the mother’s of his two children ganging up to stop him seeing them (but from what I gather there were genuine reasons behind it due to safety)/what he has for tea every night/what he watches on television/where he’s at today with his business.

It’s frightening what people share online just to get a few hits of attention. I imagine him and JM would get along VERY well.
I’m not sure it’s a certain age group, but it’s what makes me insane with social media—especially Facebook. It legit makes me start hating people—and I don’t want to. I keep my page to sell stuff—every once and awhile I’ll look at some people and nothing has changed. People I’ve never met post every waking thought about their expert parenting and their toxic mother. A woman who’s a nice lady posting rabid love for someone or as a victim of the same infatuation a few months later (repeating the cycle publicly year after year). I don’t understand at all. And they look nuts and unhinged to me.

And there’s one gal. Very very sweet and giving who totally has a munchhausen type thing. I don’t doubt she has some physical issues but needing to constantly post about every detail, with zero self awareness and looking for attention—it’s sadly driven a lot of people away. :( she was put on disability benefits even though she can absolutely work. She has actually dedicated much of her life to volunteering and I believe she’s truly a good person. Also became clearly addicted to pain meds and would post publicly about meds all the time.

But real relationships don’t survive off pity. They are inherently one sided. 🤷‍♀️😢

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
you can’t just list every single thing you ate as a child and name them all “childhood comfort foods” get a grip. It’s as if she’s on death row and they’ve asked her what her last meal is going to be.
She's already answered the last meal question. She said she'd eat herself because she'd be so delicious. I kid you not.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Years ago I had the flu, not man flu, not a cold, the flu. I was in bed for 2 weeks, the duvet hurt, I didn’t leave bed other than the loo, I don’t remember eating, though I must have. I was visited by the dr several times and hospital was mentioned. She does not have a temp that high.
Absolutely, this is exactly it. The flu is as serious as you describe and it’s often claimed when the common cold is more likely... Monroe is role playing Covid and loving it. She really is just a dislikable, pitiful character.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Rossi’s, nice to see you’re here in real time with us x and I know I offered beans on toast but not got any pittas in sorry x
This just confirms (again) what we’ve known all along, she’s a lurker who probably has Tattle open on one phone and Twitter on the other.

I’m quite interested in the psychology of this though. If I was a jackanory and I read how many people had caught me out in so many lies, my stomach would drop and I’d feel “caught”. I would love to know if she would react the same but don’t see how she can. Does this fuel her behaviour - is it part of the game or does she feel like we’re just out to get her because she sees nothing wrong in what she’s doing? I find it quite fascinating but also very worrying.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Is it over?

Can we breathe again?

Can @Silver Linings get the use back of her hands?

I feel for those who had an early night/maybe do stuff other than refresh tattle on a night ( just me then 😶) and have that to grunka in the morning.
👋 my morning commute would not be complete without this comedy gold everyday. Though the temptation to stay up in real time is strong. I always save it, but trying to laugh silently usually induces a coughing fit, and I get some very worried looks

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
This just confirms (again) what we’ve known all along, she’s a lurker who probably has Tattle open on one phone and Twitter on the other.

I’m quite interested in the psychology of this though. If I was a jackanory and I read how many people had caught me out in so many lies, my stomach would drop and I’d feel “caught”. I would love to know if she would react the same but don’t see how she can. Does this fuel her behaviour - is it part of the game or does she feel like we’re just out to get her because she sees nothing wrong in what she’s doing? I find it quite fascinating but also very worrying.
Totally agree with this and wonder exactly the same! Is she even aware of her own lies or is she so lost in a fantasy world that she can no longer tell fact from fiction..

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She's already answered the last meal question. She said she'd eat herself because she'd be so delicious. I kid you not.
Sometimes I wish we were less forensic around here because I had genuinely forgotten this and now I'm just ... remembering it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I had flu a few years ago. My temp went over 40. I thought I was dying. I was also freezing. Had 3 layers on, thick duvet on and I was still shivering. I drank because I knew I had to. I couldn’t eat, just didn’t fancy anything. I managed to send one text to my mum which was to say I was ok but needed rest. That was it for 5 days. I have never been so ill. Every bit of my body hurt.

So whilst I want to give her the benefit of the doubt that she genuinely does have covid (and obviously I wish her and L back to health very soon), I’m thinking there may be some embellishment of her symptoms and that actually makes me angry. People are dying of this FFS, it’s not a game.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.