Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine in 20 years if SB is feverish and reminiscing on his childhood foods

'Sausages, sausages, sausages, sausage curry, sausage burger, sausages, sausages, sausagne, sausages, sausages '
‘Sausages, sausages, sausages, sausage curry, sausage burger, sausages, sausages, sausages, MUSSELS AND PEARS, sausages’
Medic: ‘he’s delirious- IV fluids STAT’

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Under no circumstances buy the Sophie’s Kitchen vegan prawns. They were reduced to 50p a bag in Sainsbury’s so I bought four. They resemble a less edible elastic band.
I appreciate that you took the time to write this up, but you lost me when you didn't acknowledge that any herb will work. Clearly you're not a true maverick cook and I don't know that I can trust this recipe. I'll tweet Jack to ask for a vegan cocktail.

(I won't. I don't have Twitter. And I really do appreciate that you took the time to write this out. It's a good reminder that often the sauce or seasonings is what we miss, not the meat. Perhaps I'll make it for my sad vegan alone at Christmas overseas dinner. 📐)

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
also - is this how an immunocompromised person reacts to having covid and a dangerously high fever? Remember she claimed to be at the top of the vaccine priority list only last week
No it isn’t.

We have what’s called a red card phone number for our lad. If his temperature goes above 38C, we have to call the local hospital and take him straight in for IV antibiotics. He’s had chemo and immuno therapy this year so an extreme example - he’s at risk of neutropenic sepsis (she’ll be googling that now).

I know I bang on about this but it’s the reason I fume about her cosplaying. She flits about saying she’s SO careful...not. She’s been here, there and everywhere! I hope her poorly mum stays clear and doesn’t feel obliged to look after her. She probably will as that’s what caring mums do. ☹

• Heart
Reactions: 63
A bit niche, but I used to work in the computer games industry 🔺 and there was a game where the end boss of a level was a demon, but the placemarker on the floor for him was a 6 pointed star. Needless to say, the Israeli distributor refused to take any stock. Symbolism (even if unintended) is visible to different cultures, especially if it is offensive..

• Wow
Reactions: 40
also - is this how an immunocompromised person reacts to having covid and a dangerously high fever? Remember she claimed to be at the top of the vaccine priority list only last week
Well, Jack sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I'm an immunocompromised health care professional ( I have an autoimmune disease-real life ouchy joints ) and I've just heard I'm getting the vaccine on Tuesday ...don't think being a 'food writer/ chef' qualifies as key worker

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Humble pie ?
It wasn't on her lists of foods as it's something she's never tried.

I had tonsilitis 18 months ago. It's the worst I've ever felt (it's not just a sore throat). I felt like death and even watching TV hurt, let alone using my phone. From what I can gather, flu, covid etc are a million times worse so the last thing I'd want to do is be on social media having half baked arguments about religion and a stream consciousness of food from days of yore. If I use that as my illness barometer I never want to catch either as my experience with a "mild" infection was hideous. I might be just a wimp though (probably).

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Classic Jack. Simultaneously a teen AND a long serving blah blah blah.

Wise up Jack.

Weird that you can be all those things without being baptised? I am not familiar with that faith though, so happy to be corrected.
Catching up, so this might have been answered. Baptists don't do infant christenings, members get fully submerged when they are adults/young adults and able to make their own decision about becoming a member of the baptist church. There are no masses or priests in fancy garments, it's all very non-fussy. Can sometimes lean towards 'happy clappy' style of worship.

Oh, duck it, I love Lloyd Cole and I'll have to blacklist him now for being deluded.

She's deleted this one! So long, Brain faggots :(
Why has she deleted it? Brains was (is - who knew!?) a brand of faggots
1608283004359.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
A bit niche, but I used to work in the computer games industry 🔺 and there was a game where the end boss of a level was a demon, but the placemarker on the floor for him was a 6 pointed star. Needless to say, the Israeli distributor refused to take any stock. Symbolism (even if unintended) is visible to different cultures, especially if it is offensive..
Why didn't she just say, sorry I wasn't aware of that connotation? I was just asked by a photographer to take that pose and had no idea of the connection to demonic worship. I am sorry if I have caused offence.

It is not possible for her to know all religious and anti religion iconography. It is not an admission of failure to admit that she was unaware of something.

Just say thank you, now I am aware I will not use that picture again. No need for snarky attempts at a put down.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Wow.

That was some sloppy childhood nostalgia that spewed out of her, wasn’t it?

I’m the same age as Jack. My comfort food from then is pasta with ketchup, chopped up bacon and lots of grated cheese. We were living in a tenement student flat in Paisley, a single parent household and Mum really scraped by.

Jack CAN’T be that ill. Last time I had a high fever I was about 10, saw green, red and blue lights shooting across the room and ran downstairs to tell Mum there were fairies in my room. (She was disappointed she couldn’t see them!)

As someone mentioned above, I also don’t think BB is there. I hope SB is alright, a week now till Christmas. She just needs those clicks doesn’t she? She can’t just message a friend and curl up and rest, she HAS to put it all online.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Oh mannnnnn, that Priti Patel joke (“joke”) is so off-colour. I’m sure Jack will blame her gleeful response on fever delirium but just... ick.

The government is weaponising Priti Patel’s status as a second generation immigrant to justify making life actively terrifying for non-white Britons. Is this disgusting? duck yes. Is this ok for a white man called Hugh (🙄) to joke about? I dunno, sits weird with me.

I think this hovers very much in the field of Jack’s comments about Ivan Cameron - like, undoubtedly David Cameron did use his status as the parent of a disabled child as a shield while hollowing out public services which other, less privileged parents of disabled children were reliant on, but this wasn’t for Jack to comment on to further her own agenda (before we even get into her own cynical exploitation of SB).

Can you actually imagine if, say, David Walliams had tweeted that joke? Her little munchie thermometer would explode.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Why didn't she just say, sorry I wasn't aware of that connotation? I was just asked by a photographer to take that pose and had no idea of the connection to demonic worship. I am sorry if I have caused offence.

It is not possible for her to know all religious and anti religion iconography. It is not an admission of failure to admit that she was unaware of something.

Just say thank you, now I am aware I will not use that picture again. No need for snarky attempts at a put down.
But snarky is default mackie mode, it must have been torture being pleasant for a couple of days. She trawls twitter, just so she can snarky.

Reactions: 23
So, after the ‘got the ‘rona, bye’ tweet she tweeted a further 68 times. 68. That doesn’t include the several ones she deleted to the qanon-type weirdo.

And she tweeted 18 times after her second ‘comforty feels’ goodbye tweet.
So, do I believe that she was ‘horribly’ ill last night? Gentle Reader, I do not. She has major issues and needs major therapy for her constant narc’ness. (Edited to add - why don’t her fans see all of this? Why do so many blue tickers indulge her? Maddening!)

(Disclaimer:- I hope that she gets better swiftly and that BB and especially SB are ok.)

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 54
Maybe the feverish delirium will result in a maverick recipe for 90% vegan headcheese which will be snarftastic in a sandwich made from slices of softy-soft cheap white bread, smeared with baking spread, also filled with grated carrot, wet ham, Heinz sandwich spread and shards of munchy-munchy vegan crackling.

it would make a cracking Boxing Day snack! Jackie, you can thank me later :)

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Under no circumstances buy the Sophie’s Kitchen vegan prawns. They were reduced to 50p a bag in Sainsbury’s so I bought four. They resemble a less edible elastic band.
The Fry’s tempura prawns are dirty and delicious. Don’t remember the taste of actual prawns though so I can’t vouch for their accuracy!

Reactions: 12
I can’t believe I missed all this ‘food glorious food’ by going out for cheese and wine (expat wanker 🔺) last night. I’m trying to catch up with a banging hangover and it’s making me starving.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Totally agree with this and wonder exactly the same! Is she even aware of her own lies or is she so lost in a fantasy world that she can no longer tell fact from fiction..
Both.
Narcs are aware they are lying, but their brains work differently.
Similar thing to toddlers being unable to lie because of brain development. They think everyone knows the same things as they do. Learning to lie is a big developmental step in kids, that's why Health Visitors ask strange questions in the check ups.
If a Narc says something then they believe that everyone thinks/sees the same thing. If you disagree they can't compute it and that's when you get the temper tantrums.
Maybe their brains don't develop past this stage?🤷‍♀️
If a Narc needs the Flying Monkey high they will say something to gain sympathy (Saying they have Covid for example) They know it is a lie, but are hardwired to think everyone else will agree with them.

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.