Jack Monroe #119 She says lots of things, many of which are false

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah, Mel Donte, so long ago now and she's just done so much with them. They are clearly loving having Jack as brand sponsor.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Hello all, short time lurker and one time poster here. I have a comment and a question if that's OK please...

Comment: that stuffing looks like a flapjack to me.
Question: who is Brenda?? Have seen her referenced a lot but am none the wiser as to her crime.

Thank you / thankyou / thankSpaceyou
Brenda is here.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
i know I’m so intrigued to see wtf and how bad it is, more than any of her bleeping horrible sounding recipes. i really want to do it, but I only have an onion!

has grapefruit and prawn cocktail ever been a thing anywhere? Is it like something in the 70’s that I just don’t know or is it purely to get some del monte in there?
As a proper grown up in the 70s grapefruit was never even a twinkle in the eye of a prawn.
Grapefruit was served with a maraschino cherry on top as a starter.
Prawn cocktail was the height of sophistication but delicious. I don’t know how anyone could bugger up a Marie Rose sauce. It’s easy and nice, it was the prawns that was the luxury ingredient. I remember my mum making just the sauce and using it to top lettuce and cucumber.
ETA deleted last sentence. I was talking to my sister about Jack and wrote what I was thinking.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Would you rather.....
Eat Brenda’s bangers or the Xmas brick of sadness and bread mincemeat pudding?
No need to reply.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Would you rather.....
Eat Brenda’s bangers or the Xmas brick of sadness and bread mincemeat pudding?
No need to reply.
I would rather chop my arms off and have bleeding stumps than eat that.
This is going to be good.
🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
When is the awards ceremony for the results of "The Sloppies"? I know there was a discussion about which day of this weekend it should be, what was the day chosen?

Reactions: 27
When is the awards ceremony for the results of "The Sloppies"? I know there was a discussion about which day of this weekend it should be, what was the day chosen?
I can't wait. I am going to dress up that it will make Elton J. look like an accountant.*

*no offence to any Frauen or Herren accountants.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Ah the wonderful Christmas when I reluctantly agreed to a 4 day visit with at the in-laws. Arrived to find the alcohol situation consisted of 1 bottle of wine. One. There was 6 of us for Christmas dinner. I don’t want to sound like I have a problem - but one 125ml glass of wine for 4 days doesn’t scream Christmas cheer.
We couldn’t even leave as we had gone by train.
This is the couple who have no problem scarfing down 1/2 a bottle of Prosecco, a bottle of red wine and spirits each over an evening, when someone else, and by someone else I mean us is paying for it

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
Brilliant, I’ll start blending the baking spread, flour, lard and milk now for the custard dessert.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Finally I am getting into the festive mood!
What are we all doing at Christmas? Locking ourselves in the bathroom, possibly at the in-laws, to sing Pie Jesu in a Coven zoom conference? Only that we would not be able to sing bc of...laughter.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.