Jack Monroe #118 Diagnosis: gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't be silly - there's so often disagreements about what is and isn't appropriate on here, especially now there's loads of us. Half the group hate any kind of house triangulation, half love it. It doesn't matter, we're all united by our common enemy ❤

And we all get told off all the time, I got a warning for complaining about the moderators which is still making me laugh. (Sorry, mods, you're doing a wonderful job).

On topic - that nonsense article reminds me of all this tit from the start of lockdown. View attachment 348935

I saw a retweet of this and the first three people to reply were like a poet, a podcaster and a curator which...no shade to the arts but come on, lads, you've got to acknowledge that there's a little more slack in the system to be 'trying' to work from home when your job is poetry.
The arts is one of the worst affected industries and working from home ain’t cushy. However I fail to see why Jack is in bed working with the covid cuddling her cat and attention seeking on Twitter 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Why is she working from bed? Has she tested positive or is in solidarity with BB. If she is ok she can continue to work on. It's only of you have SYMPTOMS ( symptoms) that you need to rest off work.

I'd absolutely hate to work with such a shirker.

Reactions: 23
The ‘oh I’m seriously unwell’ lie has tipped me over the edge today!! What a load of bullshit. If you’re that unwell you can’t dick about on Twitter or knit. She makes me so angry!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Yesterday's Instagram notifications for posts which have not yet appeared on her grid:

Porridge topped with fruit (I think, or maybe it was bread sauce topped with something?)
Turkey
Gravy boat
Roasted carrots & parsnips

There were more but that's all I can remember. I almost switched notifications off because it was pretty annoying at the time 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Yesterday's Instagram notifications for posts not currently showing on her grid:

Porridge topped with fruit (I think)
Turkey
Gravy boat
Carrots & parsnips

There were more but that's all I can remember. I almost switched notifications off because it was pretty annoying at the time 😂
That all sounds fairly normal-ish. Trolling us?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I wouldn't worry too much, how horribly ill can you really be if you can be bothered to tweet random strangers about inane shite.
When I had it in March, my temperature was so high that the last thing I wanted to do was fire up the white glare of my gadgets and blithely tweet away. It sucked. THAT was fairly ill, not horribly (thank the Lord).

I truly hope L, J and SB dont get ill/arent too sick, and that they recover quickly. But JEEZ, JM is such an attention ho’, she’s soooooooo annoying.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Happy for the person who was being asked as they seem pleased, but I cannot stand these awful public proposal videos. It's my personal opinion but I would hate to be bothered at work with this nonsense (not because I adore work but because I go into work mode and don't like to be disturbed or distracted (wfh has been an ordeal but I am grateful I can)) and I also feel they put too much pressure on the person to say yes as it's all so public and performative. I do hate attention though, so it makes sense that these are my idea of hell.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
The arts is one of the worst affected industries and working from home ain’t cushy. However I fail to see why Jack is in bed working with the covid cuddling her cat and attention seeking on Twitter 😂
Preach! I mean my job is supposed to start next month but it might not. Nothing is guaranteed in the arts. My boyfriend works in finance and is constantly in demand. I mean he hates it but jobs are plentiful 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.