Jack Monroe #118 Diagnosis: gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't mean to be harsh, but when you are horribly unwell you don't knit and you don't update Twitter.
She hasn't got a clue what horribly unwell is. She constantly thinks she's unwell (arthritis, black eye A&E) but all of her ailments are in reality very mild.

I managed to catch swine flu in 2009 (I think) and I was bed bound for 3 weeks. I threw up everything, ended up drinking orange juice purely because it didn't taste as vomity when it came back up. I was delerious and completely out of it for at least 2 weeks and have no memory of it. My partner looked after me, including washing me and carrying me to the toilet, and it's all gone from my memory. That's ill, and not even ill enough to be hospitalised. She has no clue.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
I managed to catch swine flu in 2009 (I think) and I was bed bound for 3 weeks. I threw up everything, ended up drinking orange juice purely because it didn't taste as vomity when it came back up. I was delerious and completely out of it for at least 2 weeks and have no memory of it. My partner looked after me, including washing me and carrying me to the toilet, and it's all gone from my memory. That's ill, and not even ill enough to be hospitalised. She has no clue.
Babe, same. I was physically fit and healthy, in my twenties and I have never been more unwell in my life than when I had swine flu. The D&V on top of flu, delirium, hallucinations. My ex had to help me onto the toilet, I didn't have the strength to shower. Knitting and tweeting? LOL

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Not even sure she got rid of her Brexit stock pile, she easily stretches the truth just to be able to negate anything a commenter tells her. Or do the opposite of what is advised.

Reactions: 13
I bet she's sewing them together as she goes along because @Marmalade Atkins predicted that she wouldn't get as far as joining them together and Jack wants to prove the cabal wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I bet she's sewing them together as she goes along because @Marmalade Atkins predicted that she wouldn't get as far as joining them together and Jack wants to prove the cabal wrong.
Where can I put 10 quid on "Bored by it next week and will declare the knitted tapeworm a scarf and creative success"?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just learned that me and Louisa have the same birthday!! Feel a bit weird about that o_O

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Ok, hands up, it was me with the talks too much to go down on someone comment. I apologise.

I was on a grunka, am an infrequent poster but longtime lurker, and it was referencing a post that someone else made regarding what made Jack’s previous partners keep their counsel regarding her grafting, something about her circular breathing ability.

Her sex life is really of zero interest to me, it just made me laugh in the moment. Poor judgement on my part, I’m very sorry. I’ll stick to lurking in future.
Don't be silly - there's so often disagreements about what is and isn't appropriate on here, especially now there's loads of us. Half the group hate any kind of house triangulation, half love it. It doesn't matter, we're all united by our common enemy ❤

And we all get told off all the time, I got a warning for complaining about the moderators which is still making me laugh. (Sorry, mods, you're doing a wonderful job).

On topic - that nonsense article reminds me of all this tit from the start of lockdown.
Screenshot_20201216-131808__01__01.jpg

I saw a retweet of this and the first three people to reply were like a poet, a podcaster and a curator which...no shade to the arts but come on, lads, you've got to acknowledge that there's a little more slack in the system to be 'trying' to work from home when your job is poetry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.