Jack Monroe #118 Diagnosis: gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi everyone. I am a long time lurker. Been here since June. I have followed Jack on Twitter for a while but not really paid too much attention to her, but started noticing constant dramatic announcements that she was leaving Twitter followed by returns mere hours later, constant drama and sniping at followers in her replies, and a seemingly endless array of unfortunate incidents/illnesses/strange situations that don't seem to happen to anyone else.

The final straw for me was during the first Covid lockdown, when she was whining about working 20 hour days (how you can say you work 20 hours a day whilst tweeting over 150 times a day is beyond me), begging for money, whinging about how she does everything for free (she has ads on her blog. That's not 'free'), supposedly immunocompromised but also wanting her own studio show... she just seemed to me to be such an attention-seeking, perpetual victim, drama queen.

So, I started googling 'Jack Monroe attention seeker' and it finally led me to these threads. So glad to see there are so many people who agree with me, I thought I was going mad.

I wonder if she's uploading to Insta so they're filtered and (not) pretty and saved to her phone before quickly deleting them 🤷‍♀️
It says blog? Assume that’s website, but every visit earns her money, so not going there 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Hi everyone. I am a long time lurker. Been here since June. I have followed Jack on Twitter for a while but not really paid too much attention to her, but started noticing constant dramatic announcements that she was leaving Twitter followed by returns mere hours later, constant drama and sniping at followers in her replies, and a seemingly endless array of unfortunate incidents/illnesses/strange situations that don't seem to happen to anyone else.

The final straw for me was during the first Covid lockdown, when she was whining about working 20 hour days (how you can say you work 20 hours a day whilst tweeting over 150 times a day is beyond me), begging for money, whinging about how she does everything for free (she has ads on her blog. That's not 'free'), supposedly immunocompromised but also wanting her own studio show... she just seemed to me to be such an attention-seeking, perpetual victim, drama queen.

So, I started googling 'Jack Monroe attention seeker' and it finally led me to these threads. So glad to see there are so many people who agree with me, I thought I was going mad.
I really relate to thinking you're going mad as contrary to what she says she gets very little grief on Twitter for an account with so many followers. It was always quite puzzling to me to be watching her increasingly embarrassing dramatics only to click the replies and see an army of squiggles blowing smoke up her arse. It was something of a relief to come here and find I wasn't alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I don’t understand insta, and don’t have an account, I peep occasionally through gramho so don’t know how real that is
I've been getting notifications from Instagram but when I go to her page, the posts don't actually exist. So she's either posting and deleting immediately OR she's scheduling the posts and, for some unknown reason, I'm getting notifications when I shouldn't be. Hope that makes sense 🤔

ETA: The photos are now on Twitter. 8 million of them. Poor @Silver Linings.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I really relate to thinking you're going mad as contrary to what she says she gets very little grief on Twitter for an account with so many followers. It was always quite puzzling to me to be watching her increasingly embarrassing dramatics only to click the replies and see an army of squiggles blowing smoke up her arse. It was something of a relief to come here and find I wasn't alone.
Exactly this. She would go on and on about all the 'abuse' she received and I would look through her tweet replies and it would just be constant arselicking and talking about her like some sort of martyr for the poor. I kept seeing her being rude to people, contradicting herself, constant theatrics. I just thought, why aren't people just telling her to give it a bleeping rest and get off Twitter? And why aren't people critiquing her for choosing to share every detail of her life on social media and then throwing almighty strops any time anyone dare say anything that doesn't fit with her narrative?

A particularly funny one for me was the incredibly transparent wheeling out of her brother 'who has an Afro' out of the blue, conveniently timed with when she was getting tit for not following through with her (non-existent) BLM work, and the total meltdown she had when people questioned why she was cutting his hair during a pandemic. 'I DIDNT SAY I WAS CUTTING IT NOW'.. but you asked for advice... now... that never got mentioned again.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
She's just bombarded twitter with christmas slop posts, including what I assume is the dessert slop which was the beetle photo. There's a video of it with sad sparklers in and a slow groaning noise in the background like when you slow down sound...
what is a this.png

It's just referred to as "this" so we still don't know what it is.

ETA: 18 posts in 1-2 mins, must have a program doing it

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Firstly, you’d need a pint of water to get this abomination down. It looks so dry, I don’t think I could swallow this
9FAFC7F0-DED5-4295-B5FE-3DE5336CE5E5.jpeg

Then, is this meant to be gravy? As it’s not even the right colour? The whole thing is a pile of shite, I could do better with £23 and I don’t even cook. Also, the Yorkshire puddings look frozen.
ECAE5F8B-5E31-4C7C-9CE9-943CA52C3889.jpeg

Recipe costing Jack is one of my absolute hates. It isn’t 11p per serving as you can’t buy a teaspoon of flour and some chicken juices you absolute numbskull. So it’s always going to cost more. So disingenuous.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 59
She's just bombarded twitter with christmas slop posts, including what I assume is the dessert slop which was the beetle photo. There's a video of it with sad sparklers in and a slow groaning noise in the background like when you slow down sound...
View attachment 349109

I really want to know what this. I assume the yellow stuff is custard but it has a oily looking residue on it which isn’t typical of any custard I’ve ever had

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
I really want to know what this. I assume the yellow stuff is custard but it has a oily looking residue on it which isn’t typical of any custard I’ve ever had

I think she's sprayed that edible gold stuff on it

and she gets a tick off the list for the secret stock ingredient! potato water thickens apparently 😬

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
View attachment 349109

The video is like some horrifying scene from a David Lynch film.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
View attachment 349109

that looks like a one of those growths dr pipple popper removes.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Then, is this meant to be gravy? As it’s not even the right colour? The whole thing is a pile of shite, I could do better with £23 and I don’t even cook. Also, the Yorkshire puddings look frozen.
View attachment 349113

Recipe costing Jack is one of my absolute hates. It isn’t 11p per serving as you can’t buy a teaspoon of flour and some chicken juices you absolute numbskull. So it’s always going to cost more. So disingenuous.
Gravy looks like it was made from boiled onions, rancid fat, chicken stock and mandarin juice with nothing to thicken it. Oh wait, it was!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.