Jack Monroe #118 Diagnosis: gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a knitter, do you think she should be sewing these squares so that the rows of each square are at right angles to the next? This is how my mum did it, because she said it stopped it from going out of shape.

Though I suspect you are right, it is a moot point, it will never be finished.
As a knitting expert 😎 it doesn't hugely matter - it's an aesthetic choice. The real issue is that she's not blocking them...basically after knitting each square she should get it wet, stretch it to the desired dimensions, and leave it to dry. Do this before sewing the squares together, so the sizes are even and they hold their shape. If she finishes it and washes it, without blocking properly first, it could buckle and end up looking like tit.

Obviously bigger issues are a) she won't finish it and b) it's hideous. Plus weird symbolism - why choose something as dull and joyless as beige to celebrate sobriety?

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Just had a wee scroll through Jack's 'likes'. This is *fascinating*, seriously!

View attachment 348816

That article was written by someone who has never had to work for a living in any sort of normal environment. It is a load of cringe making twaddle. Sometimes you are not in a position to exclude from your life those that do not value you, you have to work 7 hours a day with them.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
That article was written by someone who has never had to work for a living in any sort of normal environment. It is a load of cringe making twaddle. Sometimes you are not in a position to exclude from your life those that do not value you, you have to work 7 hours a day with them.
It just seems to me to be written BY a narcissist FOR narcissists - what a helpful guide for Jack 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
So despite receiving advice not to sew till finished knitting, as squares will vary, she’s sewn them and they vary 🙄
But! But! This isn’t about making a functioning scarf or blanket, it’s about making a long long string of wonky squares so she can get asspats about her sobriety! A pile of squares waiting to be sewn together has zero social media clout. Duh!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
As a knitting expert 😎 it doesn't hugely matter - it's an aesthetic choice. The real issue is that she's not blocking them...basically after knitting each square she should get it wet, stretch it to the desired dimensions, and leave it to dry. Do this before sewing the squares together, so the sizes are even and they hold their shape. If she finishes it and washes it, without blocking properly first, it could buckle and end up looking like tit.

Obviously bigger issues are a) she won't finish it and b) it's hideous. Plus weird symbolism - why choose something as dull and joyless as beige to celebrate sobriety?
You’d think she’d be good at blocking, wouldn’t you? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 43
It just seems to me to be written BY a narcissist FOR narcissists - what a helpful guide for Jack 😂
Thank god for that, when you said it was fascinating I thought I may have been alone in thinking that it was pure bunkum.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Thank god for that, when you said it was fascinating I thought I may have been alone in thinking that it was pure bunkum.
I shouldn't have been so subtle in my original post, it would have saved this confusion!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

This was linked in Twitter today. 20 foot outhouse!

F0718A83-FC00-4BB2-BFE5-8C2616A5D8BB.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
So is she seriously unwell or are there three adults in the house? I’m confused. Where’s the “Who bleeping knows” picture?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Didn't she claim Louisa made her get rid of it though (why?)
In the picture with that article it looks like she's stacked them up on her sideboard shelves. Her house is so cluttered that in reality I suspect there would have been boxes of spam and hot dog tins all over the place. I can see Louisa getting really irritated by that. If she did store them in the shed and they were out of sight and properly stored then who knows.

Reactions: 16

This was linked in Twitter today. 20 foot outhouse!

View attachment 348870
Another gem from that article

" Supermarkets are ridiculously competitive with one another about the prices on their basic items, "

If that is so, why does she keep banging on about how prices are rising 30% on basics. Are they ridiculously competitive, or are they just pushing up prices? Make your mind up Jack.

@Professor Slop you are right, those tins are on the shelves in the house, no way are they in the shed.

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.