Jack Monroe #118 Diagnosis: gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The arts is one of the worst affected industries and working from home ain’t cushy. However I fail to see why Jack is in bed working with the covid cuddling her cat and attention seeking on Twitter 😂
Sorry, I think I've expressed myself badly. It was more people saying it didn't matter if you were finding it hard to work from home, as long as you were trying your best. I was working from home, significantly longer hours then I worked from, er, work and slacking off because...self-care wasn't an option. It just felt really tone deaf and privileged, like that article which says don't spend time with people who don't make you feel adored. If that makes sense!

ETA: I mean, my boss would not be interested in me explaining that I'd missed a deadline because I wasn't working from home, I was working in my home during a global pandemic so I needed to be kind to myself because I was trying my best.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

This was linked in Twitter today. 20 foot outhouse!

View attachment 348870
Obviously she was SO worried about this prior to the vote that she spoiled her ballot.
It honestly grinds my plenty o’black pepper that she has any say on brexit or feelings towards it when she essentially didn’t even vote.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Yesterday's Instagram notifications for posts which have not yet appeared on her grid:

Porridge topped with fruit (I think, or maybe it was bread sauce topped with something?)
Turkey
Gravy boat
Roasted carrots & parsnips

There were more but that's all I can remember. I almost switched notifications off because it was pretty annoying at the time 😂
It’s probably to do with this

43609840-5CB6-4D15-9F72-11336819E994.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I
Happy for the person who was being asked as they seem pleased, but I cannot stand these awful public proposal videos. It's my personal opinion but I would hate to be bothered at work with this nonsense (not because I adore work but because I go into work mode and don't like to be disturbed or distracted (wfh has been an ordeal but I am grateful I can)) and I also feel they put too much pressure on the person to say yes as it's all so public and performative. I do hate attention though, so it makes sense that these are my idea of hell.
Me too! I would absolutely hate to be asked in such a public way. Even if I wanted to say yes I would feel so awkward in front of other people and be trying to act the "right" way for onlookers.

I feel similarly about expensive showy weddings. What's the point in starting the first day of the rest of your lives together £10000-£20000 down? It's supposed to be about the marriage, not the ceremony.

Totally unrelated to the thread, sorry!

Oh and my pound key is working again ££££ yay! This is quite important since money comes up so often in relation to Jack!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The beige knitting is so boring I can’t even be arsed to draw googly eyes on it...
Jigsaws, bedtime stories, song before bed and now knitting it's as if she is trying to create a wholesome, poor, but hard working, salt of of the earth type persona.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Hi everyone. I am a long time lurker. Been here since June. I have followed Jack on Twitter for a while but not really paid too much attention to her, but started noticing constant dramatic announcements that she was leaving Twitter followed by returns mere hours later, constant drama and sniping at followers in her replies, and a seemingly endless array of unfortunate incidents/illnesses/strange situations that don't seem to happen to anyone else.

The final straw for me was during the first Covid lockdown, when she was whining about working 20 hour days (how you can say you work 20 hours a day whilst tweeting over 150 times a day is beyond me), begging for money, whinging about how she does everything for free (she has ads on her blog. That's not 'free'), supposedly immunocompromised but also wanting her own studio show... she just seemed to me to be such an attention-seeking, perpetual victim, drama queen.

So, I started googling 'Jack Monroe attention seeker' and it finally led me to these threads. So glad to see there are so many people who agree with me, I thought I was going mad.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 114
Gosh - if only Jacks work wasn’t so “behind the scenes” and secretive, eh?
And fancy getting COVID when your big break employer of the year has a dead cert for a food poverty campaigner shout out!
They've been holding back on this until Jack was definitely unavailable. I bet they couldn't move quick enough once it was clear that Jack would be isolating for a few days. 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.