Jack Monroe #118 Diagnosis: gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we actually know that Louisa has been travelling to London for work? If she's doing Zoom calls with her colleagues that would suggest she's spending at least some of the time working from home.

With Jack, we know she had been going out and about because she's told us. But we don't actually know Louisa's movements, and fair enough as the thread isn't really about her. I hope she gets well soon.
We know, at least, that Louisa had somewhere else to stay, because she was only living at Jack's part-time.

Reactions: 34
Jack had two people at the crappy bunglaow on the 3rd of December (Del Monte photoshoot) and then went on a different shoot with other people the next day, probably in London (Daily Express big feet photos). Then on the 7th we saw the Fifty Pence Jacket Jack who had presumably been to a meeting with yet more people.

Genuine question. Will these people need to be contacted? First mention of isolation came on the 14th.
I would imagine so

Reactions: 10
We know, at least, that Louisa had somewhere else to stay, because she was only living at Jack's part-time.
She also specified that the anonymous BB had "film and TV work" to go to, back in the infamous lockdown list in her notebook. So it seems likely.

Reactions: 34
This came up on my twitter as something Jack liked - I find it completely irresponsible to be encouraging people to go out on the eve of a tier change. I would have expected pre-covid-exposed Jack to do this and have no consideration for spreading it around, but presumably at this point (5:38pm yesterday), her or BB or both were waiting for results. Wouldn't that make you slightly more aware of the risks and that this suggestion was potentially not a wise one?
View attachment 348793
I mean, this is Jack and it's par for the course for her. Coming to Edinburgh the day after Scotland's lockdown lifted, travelling to London on the last day of Eat out to Help out so she could get her last TWO half price dinners in two separate places, the whole 'how to see as many people as possible' list which she posted on twitter as ... advice, I guess? She's going to have to be careful about what she posts now though - even people like Kay Burley are losing work because of that kind of mindset.

Reactions: 42
I mean, this is Jack and it's par for the course for her. Coming to Edinburgh the day after Scotland's lockdown lifted, travelling to London on the last day of Eat out to Help out so she could get her last TWO half price dinners in two separate places, the whole 'how to see as many people as possible' list which she posted on twitter as ... advice, I guess? She's going to have to be careful about what she posts now though - even people like Kay Burley are losing work because of that kind of mindset.
Honestly it pisses me off so much. Over here, we were told yesterday to expect the third wave to start before Xmas. I'm so sick of covid piss-takers.

Unrelated...knitting is a very slow and tedious hobby, especially if you're only making beige squares. I say this as a knitter of more than a decade. That blanket will never, ever be finished.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
So despite receiving advice not to sew till finished knitting, as squares will vary, she’s sewn them and they vary 🙄
It is going to look terrible, isn't it? it looks really thin wool too, won't be very warm or "snoogly".

• Haha
Reactions: 50
FFS are we going to get a daily update on this knitting project?? How incredibly tedious, even by Jack’s standards.
And why, of all things, is she apparently knitting a woolly tapeworm?
It looks like when a snake sheds it's skin

• Haha
Reactions: 61
I really hope she's exaggerating, as much as I dislike Jack's antics I don't wish her or her household ill
Yesterday she was self-isolating as a precaution and with no mention of symptoms, regardless of a positive result for BB it would be bit of stretch to imagine that she can be *that* bleeping ill already. More exaggeration for dramatic effect, as ever.

Reactions: 36
Honestly it pisses me off so much. Over here, we were told yesterday to expect the third wave to start before Xmas. I'm so sick of covid piss-takers.

Unrelated...knitting is a very slow and tedious hobby, especially if you're only making beige squares. I say this as a knitter of more than a decade. That blanket will never, ever be finished.
By Jack's own description - that every square represents a day of sobriety - the only way she can stop knitting the blanket seems to be to start drinking again?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Jack's knitting is finally going all in the same direction. Hooray! It's the little things.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
So is she deliberately just saying "unwell" and not covid so she can later deny ever having had it if it comes up and doesn't suit the narrative of the day?

Reactions: 44
So is she deliberately just saying "unwell" and not covid so she can later deny ever having had it if it comes up and doesn't suit the narrative of the day?
Indeed - you can bet your last quid if some cash is offered by someone, she will be “thankfully, negative” before you can do a dry cough.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
She uploaded a tit load of Christmas food photos to her Instagram yesterday evening (and a couple of pics the day before) and has just started uploading more now. I'm getting notifications for them but none of them are on her grid. Is she sheduling stuff? 🤔

The latest one.

Screenshot_20201216-110846_Opera.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Has Louisa deleted the covid tweet?

You are all so right about the needless number of people they've both been in contact with, to-ing and fro-ing all over the place. Louisa only there 4 nights a week, photoshoots etc. bleeping idiots.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
As a knitter, do you think she should be sewing these squares so that the rows of each square are at right angles to the next? This is how my mum did it, because she said it stopped it from going out of shape.

Though I suspect you are right, it is a moot point, it will never be finished.

Reactions: 30
Has Louisa deleted the covid tweet?

You are all so right about the needless number of people they've both been in contact with, to-ing and fro-ing all over the place. Louisa only there 4 nights a week, photoshoots etc. bleeping idiots.
Looks like Louisa has read here or been tipped off by Jack.

Edit, sorry just seen @Marmalade Atkins post. Sorry Louisa.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.