Jack Monroe #118 Diagnosis: gifted

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I feel so bad for SB. Confined to the house not because of the worry of picking it up from school but clearly because of his mother's stupid 'Bubble Buddy' arrangements. And in the lead-up to Christmas too, so now he presumably can't spend time at his dad's house where they have edible food.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I really hope she's exaggerating, as much as I dislike Jack's antics I don't wish her or her household ill
I wouldn't worry too much, how horribly ill can you really be if you can be bothered to tweet random strangers about inane shite.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Off topic but...

The tracing confuses me. I scan the QR code at the gym and it tells me it’ll keep me registered there for 24hrs unless I scan a QR code in a different location within that time. So if I get symptoms and test positive, how would they know who was in the gym at the same time as me rather than 10hrs later?
The app can also detect other phones nearby that also have the app downloaded, via bluetooth/code thingys that refresh periodically. Because of the kind of Bluetooth it uses it allegedly knows if there is a wall or similar separating the two phones but I know there have been some issues with that!

Reactions: 10
I'm surprised she's so calm and laid back about being confined in a house with a confirmed 'horribly ill' covid case, when at the start of lockdown she claimed to be immunocompromised and shielding? Surely Louisa would find somewhere else to isolate considering Jack's poor health puts her in *grave* danger and at the top of the vaccine priority list.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I'm surprised she's so calm and laid back about being confined in a house with a confirmed 'horribly ill' covid case, when at the start of lockdown she claimed to be immunocompromised and shielding? Surely Louisa would find somewhere else to isolate considering Jack's poor health puts her in *grave* danger and at the top of the vaccine priority list.
Now that she's tested positive, I think she has to stay where she is? (Not sure though!)

Reactions: 27
Now that she's tested positive, I think she has to stay where she is? (Not sure though!)
Oh maybe you're right - I'm still surprised by her 'it is what it is' attitude considering her claims to be immunocompromised (not really, I know that it was bullshit)

• Sad
Reactions: 32
Louisa is in the East Wing of the crappy bungalow and has taken one of the maids to minister to her!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Badly worded on my part. I didn't think you had jumped to the conclusion. I think yours was the first post that mentioned this potential scenario and then others agreed and I just thought it would be useful to clarify that we really don't know this to be true.
I agree with you and I should have worded my original post better to show that 🙂

Reactions: 10
Well, this is all horribly predictable and, depressingly, why we are all still in the tit. People seem to justify why THEY have to go to place A or visit person B, when the reality is most of it is not urgently needed or required. I can’t be arsed to trawl through the pages of posts to refresh in my memory her convoluted list of who and why she can visit all the different people but I remember at the time that it was wildly unnecessary.

Frankly, what is clearly apparent in this happy family scenario is Louisa is also a complete prick. If she has the means and place in London, and didn’t need to be “bubbling because we both struggled last time” with Jack and her son, then she shouldn’t have been. We all know people, or are the people, that have been sacrificing times, special events, even the mundane regular visits, in order to limit potential spread. Now there is going to be more cases in Southend because SB was a potential spreader, Jack with her open house to anyone who will throw her a few coppers for a picture, and, most of all, Louisa schlepping to and fro, crossing paths with god knows how many, especially on public transport.

Shame on Jack for being pathetically, selfishly needy and grasping at straws to get Louisa back in the crappy bungalow. And, most of all, shame on you, Louisa, for being an apparently intelligent and educated person but allowing yourself to be sucked back into this ridiculous charade. I just hope you don’t have further cases, with the consequences they might have, on your hands. You both deserve all you get, however.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
This came up on my twitter as something Jack liked - I find it completely irresponsible to be encouraging people to go out on the eve of a tier change. I would have expected pre-covid-exposed Jack to do this and have no consideration for spreading it around, but presumably at this point (5:38pm yesterday), her or BB or both were waiting for results. Wouldn't that make you slightly more aware of the risks and that this suggestion was potentially not a wise one?
going out.png

Didn't a squiggle specifically tell her not to join the squares yet due to small size differences and she seemed receptive to that advice? Or am I being silly and they're just laid out in a row.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Do we actually know that Louisa has been travelling to London for work? If she's doing Zoom calls with her colleagues that would suggest she's spending at least some of the time working from home.

With Jack, we know she had been going out and about because she's told us. But we don't actually know Louisa's movements, and fair enough as the thread isn't really about her. I hope she gets well soon.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.