Jack Monroe #117 Exit through the grift slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was talking to my friend about her Christmas recipie and she said that she did One for the guardian a while back. This friend is the one who told me who she was, before I found here.

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Appears Kirsty is covering the weekend shift while Laura deactivates her account. Posting a random Tory rag, or sending a subtle 'We see you' message?

1607764678686.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Well, as no one else has offered, off I go to the paper shop. Braving the most horrible of drizzly mornings.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
Why has she not used them in 2 years 🤔
She’s got some serious hoarding issues. Really and truly. Why she gathers things endlessly, while also saying she’s terrified of spending money, and can’t settle down anywhere.... When she moves house soon, she will have a complete meltdown when trying to pack. Yellow stickered mushrooms are great and all that, but not if you absolutely do not need them. Only Jack would have two years worth of mouldy mushroom dust sitting on the side, and think it’s necessary to add to it. Plus she’s discovered the Tesco’s around the corner from her! After her repeated long and slow schleps to ASDA, she’s finally gained enlightenment and realised she could go to the shop that’s two minutes up the road instead. She got sick of the local greengrocers quickly though, didn’t she? Maybe her retired dad could start dropping the Asda shops round in his white van?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Well, as no one else has offered, off I go to the paper shop. Braving the most horrible of drizzly mornings.
Bless you for your sacrifices to the cabal. Between this and the soup, you've definitely done your bit!

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Jack's dad's comment and the ensuing conversation is the most bizarre and ill advised interaction I've ever seen. Jack literally acting like Del Monte fruit are some luxury product that only the privileged can afford, when she's supposed to be promoting them. Her reverse Hyacinth Bucket instincts have kicked in, and she's terrified that people seeing her dad's admission to eating a - God forbid - branded product might infer that they weren't a working class family after all. Because in Jack's imagination, working class people never, ever eat branded goods.

It was so weird and fake, Jack's dad going along with her self-righteous mockney lefist bullshit, then adding to it himself, especially the Nazi Shitrag thing. It was like he'd adopted Jack's persona, then they were both acting it out in public. How can they think any of this was a good idea, business wise?

(I've been catching up so sorry for going back to old news)
Maybe it was her sockie account and she was talking to herself

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I'm not sure how much of the article I can share legally. Anyone any idea how much I can post?

One picture has to be shared.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
The video is the awful Mumsnet one where she says oil is oil and olive oil doesn't taste great so she uses the cheap stuff instead and other gems. 😆 Her chunky Mediterranean ass probably wants to disown her

View attachment 343787

And the classic sweet potatoes and carrots are the same
View attachment 343793
View attachment 343792
View attachment 343791
View attachment 343790
Jack at her most irritating.

There is another video mentioned in the article apparently where Jack is talking about the benefits of partnering with Groupon. But sadly it is no longer available :(

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I'm not sure how much of the article I can share legally. Anyone any idea how much I can post?

One picture has to be shared.
Sorry to quote myself, but I'm stumped at how to rotate that image.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.