Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just thinking about The Sloppies. If there is to be a follow up awards ceremony next year, will it be called The Ploppies? Because that's what anyone who eats slop experiences afterwards.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I will still not like her and I will continue to find her food and Del Monte awful. Her grifting past cannot go unchanged. And yes, she is definitely overpaid and being the face of something is not a proper job. I also don't think this is about being a better or worse person...it is about individual boundaries and not about taking a morally superior position compared to other Frauen.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I appreciate you for being a much better person than me, in all seriousness, but this is nowhere even approaching a proper job. She is getting paid (I would estimate) more than a vast number of people are paid in a year to repeat a scripted spiel to women’s magazines about tinned fruit, and her shark eyes and maniacal grin will be accompanied by some peaches every other Instagram post.

When people have said that she should get a proper job they mean that she should go and re-train as something, and do a job where one actually has to put the hours in. That, or get the supermarket job she sneerily says she’d rather do when she complains about the trappings of minor celebrity.

This “job” is exactly the same as everything else she’s ever done: not much for lots of money, a chance to get her face and voice plastered all over various media, and some crappy, hastily thrown together recipes. She’ll still beg once it’s over because freelance waa waa, and she’ll still have a hissy over anyone daring to imply that she has been consistently well paid for nearly a decade now.
Thiiiiiiiiiiis!

I appreciate those that are saying 'she's damned if she does and she's damned if she don't' but in addition to what Harder just said, we're not here to be Jack's personal spirit guide. I post and read here cos I'm interested in the cult of celebrity and social media that Jack has (largely) created for herself, and this 'job' is just another thing that highlights her ethical discrepancies, her obsession with money and her lazy sense of entitlement. Just cos she's got some 'honest' work now doesn't mean any of that stuff has gone away. And it's also right that we should be pointing out how crappy Del Monte are as a company, and watching her like a hawk in case she starts scamming people again.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I'd like to be honest and say I feel a bit weird about all of this.
We've slagged her for not getting a 'proper' job and poncing from people who can least afford it.
Now she has a job, we're still not happy.
I'm fully aware of the Company is a human rights shitshow but I just wanted to hold my hand up and say I feel a little uncomfortable.
(At this time that is. She'll duck it somehow and normal service will resume!)
I think it's funny that a so-called activist who claims to be so ethical and interested in human rights is collaborating with Del Monte - but at the same time I don't really care about what jobs she takes, it doesn't change her awful personality. Even when she's not leeching off people and claiming poverty she is still absolutely bleeping intolerable.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
It’s the fact that she must have known all of these jobs were in the pipeline - they don’t just turn up out of thin air - and she STILL broadcast that she didn’t have butter in the budget and was posting all her miserable, disingenuous £20 shops.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 107
Imagine landing a contract that size and heading straight out to clear out the yellow sticker items for family in need, at Christmas.

ch4 news had a segment on deprivation last night, Jack should be v familiar with Louisa’s body of work no??

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
It's a desktop iMac. 100%. I'm working off one now and the keyboard is the same.

(Mine is 5 years old, though, and I do not claim poverty.)

Apologies edit: I see you're referring to ANOTHER ADDITIONAL device. Srlsy, how much computerage does one person need?
With mackie it’s not need, it's want, hence multiple phones.

Reactions: 20
It’s the fact that she must have known all of these jobs were in the pipeline - they don’t just turn up out of thin air - and she STILL broadcast that she didn’t have butter in the budget and was posting all her miserable, disingenuous £20 shops.
And on that subject, she's still promoting the £20 shop on her Instagram.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Yeah it's a pixel book

1607611063532.png

I'm going to guess she got the top of the range i7 with 512mb for £2'200k :LOL:

Amazon product

Why even dry bog standard mushrooms that are available year round? (other than for cOnTeNt) Can't that easily cause botulism if you're drying for one hour a day on a radiator

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
I appreciate you for being a much better person than me, in all seriousness, but this is nowhere even approaching a proper job. She is getting paid (I would estimate) more than a vast number of people are paid in a year to repeat a scripted spiel to women’s magazines about tinned fruit, and her shark eyes and maniacal grin will be accompanied by some peaches every other Instagram post.

When people have said that she should get a proper job they mean that she should go and re-train as something, and do a job where one actually has to put the hours in. That, or get the supermarket job she sneerily says she’d rather do when she complains about the trappings of minor celebrity.

This “job” is exactly the same as everything else she’s ever done: not much for lots of money, a chance to get her face and voice plastered all over various media, and some crappy, hastily thrown together recipes. She’ll still beg once it’s over because freelance waa waa, and she’ll still have a hissy over anyone daring to imply that she has been consistently well paid for nearly a decade now.

Editing to add: I would be genuinely delighted for Jack to prove me wrong here. It’s about time. But we’ve seen the cycles again and again and again and there’s no evidence that she’s working on herself to change this.
It's not me being a better person.
I have a deep dislike for her for a multitude of reasons.
I know this won't last!
That's why my last sentence is bracketed.

Reactions: 22
A few pages behind, so don't know if this has been mentioned.

Who has the radiators on constantly, enough to dry mushrooms, but can only afford £20 for a food shop? Any savings made buying yellow stickered mushrooms has been spent, and more, on drying the buggers. If you must dry mushrooms surely a more economical way would be in a very low oven.

Better still buy nice fresh ones and use them.

ETA, I knew lots of you would pick up on it.......almost caught up now.

Last edited:
Reactions: 47
It's not me being a better person.
I have a deep dislike for her for a multitude of reasons.
I know this won't last!
That's why my last sentence is bracketed.
Oh, I know, I wasn’t being snarky. But I do think it’s really the mark of someone who’s really kind, or at least humanistic, to have repeated moments of feeling ick about commenting on a public figure.

I haven’t experienced such regret where Jack is concerned and I worry I’m just deeply unempathetic sometimes because I literally don’t question that she must be called out for her shittiness. Even writing this, and acknowledging that she’s a person with feelings, I still don’t 😂

And there’s a fine line between bullying (like some now-departed forum users) and picking up inconsistencies. Clarifying that I am not here for the former, just an absolute glutton for the receipts.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
Gonna go with a Pixelbook. It's a streamlined no-fuss device so very few connection ports. Pretty sure she's mentioned it before?
Omg I thought she was a solid Apple gal, had no idea there were ~others but thank you for triangulating! Slop never sleeps does it, a device for every fleeting blend x

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She’ll still beg once it’s over because freelance waa waa, and she’ll still have a hissy over anyone daring to imply that she has been consistently well paid for nearly a decade now.
This exactly, it's in her benefit to give the begging a rest for a while as it's more effective at extracting the most money before going back to full on pleading for money again.

She must have earnt more than the prime minister this year with all the begging, brand money, appearance fees, writing commissions, ad money from website, pva glue photos, book royalties and that jazz.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.