Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s funny, isn’t it, how she’s built her entire brand on being a total maverick - massive oversharing on Twitter? Maverick; sideboard shots in underwear? Maverick; causing pile-ons left, right and centre? Maverick; dreadful, slapdash, untested or plagiarised recipes? Maverick; Groucho club membership? AWARD WINNING MAVERICK!!! - yet she somehow manages to reign all of this in the minute there’s a lucrative corporate deal on the table and she’s suddenly a shill for a crooked multinational.

Almost like her maverick persona is cynically constructed and in reality she’s a deeply conservative materialist... 🤔

If I was her I wouldn’t be able to sleep at night. Fortunately for Jack she’s an amoral, grasping cow with a massive tax bill, so the only thing keeping her up is the prescription speed that’s clearly doing duck all to help her supposed ADHD.
This mirrors my forensic analysis. I have always thought she is deep down very conservative but the conservative life route has not worked out so she invented this other persona. That's why I got fake vibes from the start but could not put my finger on something. She is not ethical in any way, it is a show. She likes luxury, that is the only thing that seems to be genuine about her.

Reactions: 40
View attachment 340847

Stop me if I'm being a proper snowflake and stuff, but is anyone else a bit uncomfortable at appropriating the phrase 'yes we can'? I know it's become a vague nothing slogan now, and I'm certainly no fan of Obama's legacy, but at the time it was a rallying call for equality and racial justice. To downgrade it to a terrible pun about cooking with bleeping cans just seems really...cheap?
Obama stole it from Bob The Builder though 😉

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Is her oven broken? Have we ever seen her use it? If she wants to dry out mushrooms, she could put them in the oven on a very low heat? head.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
The afterbirth baked oats will now be made with pineapple. The tinned meat and manderins will surface again!!! And the peach curry

Oh what delights await us fans of slop
'Afterbirth Baked Oats' sounds like a bad Nirvana record!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Is she trying to keep her Insta grid a bit more professional? So she's going to put all the random crap on Stories instead? ~okay~

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Can any tech fraus triangulate yet another laptop, it’s not Apple but it’s got a usb-c charging port so won’t have been 50p in a charity shop 🥴
It's a desktop iMac. 100%. I'm working off one now and the keyboard is the same.

(Mine is 5 years old, though, and I do not claim poverty.)

Apologies edit: I see you're referring to ANOTHER ADDITIONAL device. Srlsy, how much computerage does one person need?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I'd like to be honest and say I feel a bit weird about all of this.
We've slagged her for not getting a 'proper' job and poncing from people who can least afford it.
Now she has a job, we're still not happy.
I'm fully aware of the Company is a human rights shitshow but I just wanted to hold my hand up and say I feel a little uncomfortable.
(At this time that is. She'll duck it somehow and normal service will resume!)

Reactions: 30
Best behaviour Monroe! Must be fecking killing her 🤣. Sadly for a professional Tweeter, each day of silence is another step towards total irrelevance 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Is her oven broken? Have we ever seen her use it? If she wants to dry out mushrooms, she could put them in the oven on a very low heat? head.
The thought of it is seriously grossing me out. You just *know* Jack's radiators are all dusty and dirty at the top too.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
We've slagged her for not getting a 'proper' job and poncing from people who can least afford it.
I'm fully aware of the Company is a human rights shitshow but I just wanted to hold my hand up and say I feel a little uncomfortable.
You are right. I am happy to let this all go bc I did not come here to slag her off for the sake of it. There were serious concerns about her and if she is cleaning up her act that's great. I wish her well, I had an issue with pretense poverty play and grifting. Show me any large corporation that does not have an awful past.
I did not come here bc I am a bully.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I appreciate you for being a much better person than me, in all seriousness, but this is nowhere even approaching a proper job. She is getting paid (I would estimate) more than a vast number of people are paid in a year to repeat a scripted spiel to women’s magazines about tinned fruit, and her shark eyes and maniacal grin will be accompanied by some peaches every other Instagram post.

When people have said that she should get a proper job they mean that she should go and re-train as something, and do a job where one actually has to put the hours in. That, or get the supermarket job she sneerily says she’d rather do when she complains about the trappings of minor celebrity.

This “job” is exactly the same as everything else she’s ever done: not much for lots of money, a chance to get her face and voice plastered all over various media, and some crappy, hastily thrown together recipes. She’ll still beg once it’s over because freelance waa waa, and she’ll still have a hissy over anyone daring to imply that she has been consistently well paid for nearly a decade now.

Editing to add: I would be genuinely delighted for Jack to prove me wrong here. It’s about time. But we’ve seen the cycles again and again and again and there’s no evidence that she’s working on herself to change this.

• Heart
Reactions: 79
Screenshot_20201203-205701_2.png

Just wanted to re post the pic of my tea from the other night. I can't help but feel I played a part in Jackie's new pineapple-based success. You're welcome Jack. You're welcome.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
I know what you mean. I'm happy she's got a job that isn't leeching off poor people......but that doesn't really change how I feel about her?

And as some have said, she really needs to ditch the patreon and refund people as she's in such a 'good work spell' at the moment. Just say you're closing it as you're comfortably off and refund people for the last month 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.