Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t she have an advertising campaign with Samsung? It was on the telly but probably only paid buttons and freebies :( so Jack had to keep the tip jar open and patreon going.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 25
Oh, I know, I wasn’t being snarky. But I do think it’s really the mark of someone who’s really kind, or at least humanistic, to have repeated moments of feeling ick about commenting on a public figure.

I haven’t experienced such regret where Jack is concerned and I worry I’m just deeply unempathetic sometimes because I literally don’t question that she must be called out for her shittiness. Even writing this, and acknowledging that she’s a person with feelings, I still don’t 😂

And there’s a fine line between bullying (like some now-departed forum users) and picking up inconsistencies. Clarifying that I am not here for the former, just an absolute glutton for the receipts.
Thank (space) you for taking the time to clarify for me.
She will never get a pass from me, ever, because of the kitten.

ETA.. It's like Nazi war criminals..
"Oh, but he's 96, almost blind and can't walk.."
'duck that noise, jail the fucker right now.'

• Heart
Reactions: 45
It’s the fact that she must have known all of these jobs were in the pipeline - they don’t just turn up out of thin air - and she STILL broadcast that she didn’t have butter in the budget and was posting all her miserable, disingenuous £20 shops.
This.
And the kitten.
Pretending to have Burn Out, faking a black eye, bullying people on line, guilt tripping disabled people into handing over their benefit money.
All of the above (and more) is why I dislike her.
Sorry, my mental health is wobbly at the moment and nice and fluffy Jack is just vile and fake...I'll try not to be so ranting from now!

• Heart
Reactions: 48
From my perspective, I have got small windows of really wanting to give her a chance...but she has continuously blown it every time though...
And you are right, I have not paid attention to the aspect that these contracts are just not being done one day before.
No excuse ever for her grifting and that awful '£20' shop.

Edit: probably also one of the reasons why I fell for narcs twice. They are being nice for one day and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and hence another chance. :confused:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Slightly on a side note- after his recent chaos I looked up Lozza Fox and it struck me that he sees himself as poor and hard done to in his upbringing. He went to Harrow and is from an acting dynasty BUT all the other boys has titles and were landed gentry. It reminded me of Mackie. Perhaps all of the other kids at the Grammar were spending Christmas in Barbados, Feb half term on the slopes in Austria, Easter at their Devon estate and summer in Bora Bora, but she had to make do with ballet and a Land Rover.
It's all relative innit?

Reactions: 19
Thank (space) you for taking the time to clarify for me.
She will never get a pass from me, ever, because of the kitten.

ETA.. It's like Nazi war criminals..
"Oh, but he's 96, almost blind and can't walk.."
'duck that noise, jail the fucker right now.'
Bloody hell I feel like Regan off the exorcist my head’s spinning keeping up with your Jack thoughts 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She’s got a pixel book next to her iMac! Her son has his own laptop, and Xbox, and TV, too. She’s never been so terrified of being skint to the point of not buying mountains of tech, has she? I have one laptop, it’s a Microsoft surface pro 🔺. Despite doing tonnes more work from home than Jackie, I don’t feel the need to buy an iMac for the same purpose as my laptop? I buy butter, and organic meat, and buy my kids tit like overpriced Christmas cookies from artisan bakeries (that I don’t eat half of) 🥳 she’s such a spoilt brat it’s unreal!

• Heart
  • Wow
I know what you mean. I'm happy she's got a job that isn't leeching off poor people......but that doesn't really change how I feel about her?

And as some have said, she really needs to ditch the patreon and refund people as she's in such a 'good work spell' at the moment. Just say you're closing it as you're comfortably off and refund people for the last month 🤷
The Patreon would be fine, regardless of her other work and wealth, if she was actually providing people with something in return for their money. At the moment it's just tit recipe cards, certainly not worth 4 quid a month or whatever it is, and she doesn't even bother to send those.

I think that's the first time I've actually watched that and it's worse than I thought it'd be tbh. I'm not being whatsit but I don't think I'd consider a nurse and fire station manager to be poor or even working class necessarily? Sure nurses are underpaid/overworked so I'm definitely not arguing that they shouldn't get paid more, but a married couple both of whom have reasonably high level, well regarded, professional jobs? That's the definition of middle class, surely? Like okay she's not an aristocrat, she's not from millionaire stock but that's not a poor background.
Definitely not working class. A nurse maybe at the upper end of working class in some situations, but as you said, they are still highly respected professionals.

Her dad wasn't just a fire station manager though: he got so high up in the fire service that he was awarded an MBE for his service. In her Grenfell Tower article, Jack said that he was the head of fire investigations in Essex. If I were to categorize, that's got to be an upper-middle class job. Oh and now he's retired, he's a landlord!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
All been said eloquently previously but the mushrooms drying on radiators has to be a lie.

She is probably using her dehydrator or oven, but because she is insecure and fake, she feels compelled to lie to - in her mind - appear more relatable to the people she thinks are her audience (actually her audience is middle class liberals who get off on her poverty cos play as much as she does "oh look at little urchin Jack drying mushrooms on a radiator! If only ordinary poors were creative and maverick like Jack, they too could dine on mushroom dust for pennies and we wouldn't have to feel so guilty about slashing benefits").

I expect her to ramp up the poverty cos play in light of the Del Monte deal. She will want people to think she has done it all for charidee and gets no fee.

Watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Doesn't she have a mushroom dust jar for seasoning? Sure she mentioned it before. Just re-read that first sentence, if someone showed last year me that I'd be seriously worried about my state of mind!

• Haha
Reactions: 23
What annoys me about the "drying mushrooms on a radiator" is she's acting as if she's invented something in her wacky head when all she's doing is finding an article on wikihow and following it to rehash for blog content.

It wouldn't be so bad if she added something new to the table and credited where she took it from, but she rarely does. Such a waste of time pretending to reinvent the wheel rather than spending time to be original.

Reactions: 34
This.
And the kitten.
Pretending to have Burn Out, faking a black eye, bullying people on line, guilt tripping disabled people into handing over their benefit money.
All of the above (and more) is why I Dislike her.
Sorry, my mental health is wobbly at the moment and nice and fluffy Jack is just vile and fake...I'll try not to be so ranting from now!
For me it is her assertion that you can feed 2 adults and a child on £20 a week. It is playing into the hands of those that think people on benefits are lazy feckless wasters. She is dangerous for this alone.

ETA I am on benefits, but I am doing OK. I don't have debts, I live in social housing where my benefits cover the cost of my rent, I had all my household needs already(cooker fridge bed etc), I have cooking skills and I am educated enough to be able to budget effectively. Not everyone on benefits has such a stable start.

There are many people that fall into the benefits trap who are starting with debts, housing costs more than the allowance, poor skills, and no family or friends support. It is not their fault they are struggling, but Jack is not helping with her £20 shop, she is actively harming them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
This.
And the kitten.
All of the above (and more) is why I Dislike her.
This is true for me too. It's not just the grifting which is bad enough as it is but all the other horrible things she done this year. Jack does what suits and her selfish behaviour affects others. Examples are the BLM video, the kitten tragedy, the monetized kitten death video, poor care of pets past and present, inserting herself in the Grenfell tragedy, thinspo pics, low calorie meals, going to Edinburgh during a pandemic, doctored images which help play into thinspo/eating disorders, at least 4 Twitter pile ons which included an innocent and genuinely impoverished Twitter user, not giving up her platform to people of BAME backgrounds, bullying her spouse publicly, humiliating her child publicly, appropriating various conditions to excuse bad behaviour, all sorts of petty lies, humiliating family members, boasting on alt accounts about her wealth, covid symptoms and shopping with said symptoms, lying about social care and tenancy laws, passing off shop bought food as her own, subtle boasting about her luxury goods, claiming the pandemic has cost her lost job opportunities when she has never been busier and this during a time when many people lost their jobs and much much more that I cannot remember just now. But looking back on that list it is more than bad enough to warrant a dislike of Jack Monroe and to want to see her exposed for financial and moral fraud.

• Heart
From my perspective (and this isn't aimed at anyone in particular here) re: Jack's work with Del Monte - had it been someone else, for a different company, Jack would have no hesitation in instigating a pile-on with her flying monkeys at a time that would suit her need for virtue-signalling and whatever else motivates her when she has those very public strops.

I have acquaintances that start online fights with people if they buy anything that isn't local/made of wood/ethical/veganish enough, but have no problem with sticking hundreds of quids worth of Class A drugs up their noses at the weekend. That cocaine wasn't delivered by the stork. It's the hypocrisy that gets me.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.