Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
L
I honestly wouldn't give a tit about whether she worked for Del Monte or not if she didn't preach how ethical she is and also how much of political and anti-poverty activist too? Like the way Del Monte have treated POC and black people around the around the world... so with your "anti poverty activism" you only care about white and eurocentric countries? Ok bab. But I suppose we saw that when she compared herself to Tanzanian women.

But not going to lie... I'm buzzing for the awful concoctions she's going to devise 😂 I'm going to put my money on some sort of pineapple bread. Or if that's too solid, pineapple bircher.
Jacks anti-poverty activism doesn't go beyond the driveway of the crappy Bungalow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Apropos of nothing that’s going on today but was just reading an article which mentions the strengths narcissists target in their victims - striking similarities with JM’s relationships/actions
D3848085-DE87-4980-8C97-114D6BC3CCC0.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
On Stephs Pack Lunch today Clodagh is cooking Xmas lunch for four people for £10.40.
It was inspired by a viewer writing in for tips because she lost her job in first lockdown. It was genuinely heartbreaking.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I honestly wouldn't give a tit about whether she worked for Del Monte or not if she didn't preach how ethical she is and also how much of political and anti-poverty activist too? Like the way Del Monte have treated POC and black people around the around the world... so with your "anti poverty activism" you only care about white and eurocentric countries? Ok bab. But I suppose we saw that when she compared herself to Tanzanian women.

But not going to lie... I'm buzzing for the awful concoctions she's going to devise 😂 I'm going to put my money on some sort of pineapple bread. Or if that's too solid, pineapple bircher.
For me She is pretty much the definition of a sell out. She bad mouths all these corporation and how they treat people yet if they rattle a money can at her she willingly works with them. It's only ok if it benefits her. I have no problem with someone working with anyone to earn a crust to feed their family but if you do don't hassle anyone else for doing likewise.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Jack’s ‘drumroll’ Del Monte announcement on 35 likes - 8 more likes than they got for this fruit face photo. Money well spent so far, I think we’d all agree.
It says on that "recipe" that there's four ingredients. Apple, strawberries, googley eyes and sunflower seeds. I am sure there's something that looks like ham, or wafer thin chicken under that slice of strawberry.

Is it one of Jack's recipes that she has done as a trial? We all know how she often leaves out the odd ingredient.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
It says on that "recipe" that there's four ingredients. Apple, strawberries, googley eyes and sunflower seeds. I am sure there's something that looks like ham, or wafer thin chicken under that slice of strawberry.

Is it one of Jack's recipes that she has done as a trial? We all know how she often leaves out the odd ingredient.
It’s peanut butter, not meat 🤣 But you’re right, why isn’t it mentioned?

This Del Monte account is a bit of a shitshow, what with the gross recipes and bad captions. Jack is going to fit right in.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
You listing googley eyes as an ingredient has made my day.

I mean, we are meant to be discussing a cook on this forum and we end up listing googley eyes as an ingredient without batting an eyelid <sausage>.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
L

Jacks anti-poverty activism doesn't go beyond the driveway of the crappy Bungalow.
It really doesn't. It sickens me that she poses as an anti poverty campaigner. Was listening to the radio in the car earlier and the presenter was talking about an appeal to provide Christmas presents for families who can't afford them this year. It was really heartfelt.

Little Miss Tip Jar literally couldn't give a duck about struggling families. She has spent years profiting off a few weeks delay to her housing benefit.

However I still can't decide if she is genuinely clueless, or actively malevolent.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Don’t you eat googly eyes? Love them in our house, gives us the happy eye wets

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Looking at what Del Monte have done so far in 'recipes' I need to say that I am for once not worried what JM will do in regards to this job. I would be so bold to say that if she contributes ideas it can't get worse.
But seriously, Del Monte are stuck in the 70s or even 60s. The food pics are grim.

If JM does not tweet splinters or any other drama things, this could actually work out well.

Saying this without taking any ethical issues or other aspects into account though.

And this is also isolated from the general horror of patronising the crap out of poor people expecting them to turn something awful into gold, that if they tried hard enough (not only food-related) they could better themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.