Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was a member when she was. It seemed to work quite well - they liked having a 'famous' posting and she enjoyed the adoration. I didn't see what happened when she left though (I left ages ago so not sure if she's been back)

Reactions: 17
so how long was Hellman’s scheduled for? And how long did it actually last?🤔
I predict 6 months good behaviour is unsustainable for our smol ickle mackie

I think one of the fraus recently viewed her company accounts, and she’s taken out more than she should, so Hmrc will be keeping an eye.
autocarrot 🥕 doesn’t like hmrc, prefers Hercules 😄
Hellman’s was only 6 weeks. So much chaos in those 6 weeks. Ouchy Mouth, cut foot, “white as mayo”... can’t remember if the poor kitten was during that time too. Six months of calm will be a miracle.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

I wonder what the output will be? One recipe per week for six months?

Did she have six months worth of photos taken on one day in the crappy bungalow?

Is she actually writing the recipes or is she just putting her face/name to ones Del Monte have already produced?

🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Hellman’s was only 6 weeks. So much chaos in those 6 weeks. Ouchy Mouth, cut foot, “white as mayo”... can’t remember if the poor kitten was during that time too. Six months of calm will be a miracle.
I know Del Monte are bad but .... I almost feel sorry for them. (Hi there readers from del Monte 👋, you really need to up your social media game dearhearts).

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Tbf, it really depends on the family. Not everyone has a family situation that is a healthy place for them to fall back on. Fictional example but relevant, in the Gilmore Girls the Gilmore household, was toxic, controlling and manipulative. Lorelai was justified making sure her daughter didn't grow up in that environment.

The problem with Jack's family in terms of her story is that she tries to signpost herself as working-class when actually she was middle class and fell on hard times. That is a story and an important one to tell - that you may think you're immune but you're not - but for some reason Jack feels the need to pretend to be working class.
Yes that’s right. My husband and I have 9 children and the only family we have that we are involved with is my cousin and his wife. They live in Australia. We have had hard times when we first got married and he was an apprentice and if I had needed anything for my kids (only had 3 then) I would have asked my cousin, not any of the family in my hometown. It just baffles me that she has family who would have helped

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Are the del monte pics the ones that were taken then last week when she uploaded the two-shapewear pic? Because WTF

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just took a look at Del Monte’s people on LinkedIn and they don’t seem to have a big UK presence tbh it’s largely ran out the US & other territories? They’ve got 2 junior-ish marketing people in the UK and both are based in random towns so it’s possibly even a satellite office?

Not 100% sure obviously & happy to be corrected but this explains.... a lot... and this decision has been made by ppl who don’t have a clue about the UK market? Doesn’t really forgive the lack of due diligence tho.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I have a feeling she's is just 'The Face Of' this Del Monte campaign.
At least that's what I'm hoping.
That people who actually know what they are doing with food will be 'inventing' the recipes and Jack 'Known for cooking from tin cans' Monroe is just photographed holding it.
Hence the photoshoot not being at her house the other day.

ETA Which is why she's not smashing it all over Twitter. They are not her recipes to share.

• Wow
Reactions: 26
Just took a look at Del Monte’s people on LinkedIn and they don’t seem to have a big UK presence tbh it’s largely ran out the US & other territories? They’ve got 2 junior-ish marketing people in the UK and both are based in random towns so it’s possibly even a satellite office?

Not 100% sure obviously & happy to be corrected but this explains.... a lot... and this decision has been made by ppl who don’t have a clue about the UK market? Doesn’t really forgive the lack of due diligence tho.
They must have Googled, “People who cook canned foods”, saw she had a book called Tin Can Cook and thought, “Yep she’ll do.” The fact her maverick recipes are as wild as their own is serendipity. Can’t wait to see fruit salad pasta bake and peach & bean burgers.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I have a feeling she's is just 'The Face Of' this Del Monte campaign.
At least that's what I'm hoping.
That people who actually know what they are doing with food will be 'inventing' the recipes and Jack 'Known for cooking from tin cans' Monroe is just photographed holding it.
Hence the photoshoot not being at her house the other day.

ETA Which is why she's not smashing it all over Twitter. They are not her recipes to share.
I agree, they will hopefully have an actual trained chef to work out nutritional details, portion size.... actually looking and tasting nice...

Reactions: 19
I agree, they will hopefully have an actual trained chef to work out nutritional details, portion size.... actually looking and tasting nice...
Judging by their current output, that won't be the case. They are a match made in heaven. If her dreaming up recipes using vegan chicken livers and mandarin segments brings in the cash and stops her begging, I'm happy.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.