Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
[QUOTE="traumatised sideboard, post: 3140822, member: 127098"

Del Monte, you could have just asked me to program a special tinned fruit version of Slopbot. Not that I'd have done it for you (I have a sense of morality and ethics) but I'm just saying, it would have been far better value for money. Comes with a no chaos guarantee and all.
[/QUOTE]

Er, I heart Slopbot but he’s becoming sentient and throwing out maverick recipes that might work. I’m not sure you can “guarantee” no chaos. He FaceTune himself gold the other day 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 28
'I can't help if it was reduced to 50p! I regularly campaign for charities and give copies of my books away for free, so I'm going to buy some nice things if you don't mind!'

😂😂😂
First isn't nice, second she could easily have said here's a pound, keep the change.

Reactions: 12
One of the squiggles on del monte’s Insta is using my Tattle username as their Insta bio, I just want to say that it’s not me!

Mine’s not an especially clever/original username anyway, I just wanted to be upfront as I just spotted it.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Well, I'm glad she's making an honest living at last! And I'll maybe get some ideas for what I can do with the tinned mandarins I bought in March! :LOL:
Oh God, am I her...target market?! :eek:
Yeah, looks like it will be totally harmless and a good charity will benefit.

I don't begrudge her getting paid for working (and the results can be very funny) it's the grifting and lying I dislike.

If it means Jsck will stop pretending to do a £20 shop for 3 people, it's a good thing.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Wow so despite Del Monte's extremely problematic past and present (thank you for sharing that info Fraus), the inappropriately appropriated slogan and the fact they plagiarized one of Jack's recipes, she is still willing to put ethics aside and work with them. Hmm must be because she only sees the money and deep down identifies with Tory ideals. Remember she doesn't do public transport because that would mean mixing with the plebs and she is definitely perpetuating false info regarding tenancies too. Ugh how did she get this role and I bet the entire Cotswold catalogue that she is being paid a pretty penny for it too.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Yeah, looks like it will be totally harmless and a good charity will benefit.

I don't begrudge her getting paid for working (and the results can be very funny) it's the grifting and lying I dislike.

If it means Jsck will stop pretending to do a £20 shop for 3 people, it's a good thing.

Alas the £20 shop is still with us. Just checked her Insta. Perhaps she has a vast tax bill looming.

Screenshot 2020-12-09 at 23.56.08.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
I really, really fancy some cheese and pineapple on cocktail sticks now. I’m sure I have can of pineapple somewhere...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Hello all, this is not a thread I have any background in so I’m sorry if this has been mentioned. Does anyone else remember jack hanging around in a large makeup and beauty Facebook group? She developed quite a large following on the group then people turned on her for pleading poverty while spending a lot of money on “cheap” products.

I wonder if anyone else was around for this? It was about 5/6 years ago and when she first decided she was non binary.

• Wow
Reactions: 42
I think Del Monte and Jack are made for each other, like peaches and tuna...
Screenshot_20201210-000844_Instagram.jpg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 78
@Lisbon you’ve encouraged me to look at their Instagram and it gets worse.

Chicken & pineapple in the world’s thickest pancakes anyone?

7D143371-06CE-4EE5-B8F5-4583BD0DB9ED.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
Pineapple & peas macaroni cheese? I’m a poet and I didn’t know it.

5261F9C4-FDC0-47DB-B4F4-F5E31A49EC24.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
In the macaroni recipe, the onions are added in to the dish raw. All up in her niche.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.