Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never known a person to change their 'bio' as often as Jack Monroe. It is literally every teenager on MSN circa 2005 and it is very, very cringe.
I bet Jack is annoyed Twitter doesn’t have a visible sign in status like MSN used to. Otherwise Jack would be logging in every 5 mins to be “seen” by crushes and friends. Those were the days...

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I’m getting worried about slopbot, this is another one I reckon she would have a go at

My latest creation is mango, ginger and eucalyptus trifle. I chowed down on it temptingly in my John Lewis hammock and Katie Hopkins declared it the best ever.
It’s AI gone mad. It’s growing a Jack Monroe mind of its own. Soon it will be building its own face and body out of discarded sausage meat.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Some weird squiggle put some pics of her up (including the naked kitten monstrosity) under the title Sexy Mama.
Not named Stuart are they?

My latest creation is new potato, courgette and Spam stew. I demolished it shamelessly (it's what Viv would have wanted) and The Daily Mail declared it the best ever.
Another Slopbot/Jack recipe.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Why does she have the Royal Marsden Cancer Cookbook for sale on her grifting shop? Does this actual twit make money from affiliate links for every copy sold through her website?!

I am appalled.
She had it on there since at least the ouchy mouth episode when she also talked about releasing her own cancer friendly cookbook 😡

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Wonder if they’ve got a garment in memory of all of Jack’s lost post (RIP it’s what she would have wanted x)

E7FDD3A9-CC23-430D-9176-B8A18F33F126.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
Christ what an absolute liability Jack is.

I'm also quite disturbed by the way she keeps bringing up these suicide attempts. Ages ago I took part in metal health training for work.One of the tutors was a former service user who at one point discussed his own suicide attempt. Before he started he made clear that he would not be disclosing the method he used or answering any questions on that for the reason that it can influence others who maybe at risk of suicide. The way Jack describes her attempt above could put others at risk, particularly as it worked out OK in so far as she threw up the pills. We think of Paracetamol as almost harmless because it's a cheap everyday drug but it can cause a lot of damage even in cases of accidental overdose. Anyone reading Jacks account who is seriously struggling would be forgiven for thinking such a method might be viable cry for help. It absolutely isn't.

By inserting it into a debate about benefits it gives the impression if we only had a fairer benefits system it would never have happened. People attempt suicide because they are very seriously mentally ill not directly because of a tragic or difficult life event. If Jack were remotely interested in the well being of other people I'd suggest she spend some time reading the Samaritans Media Guidelines on Suicide.
Christ what an absolute liability Jack is.

I'm also quite disturbed by the way she keeps bringing up these suicide attempts. Ages ago I took part in metal health training for work.One of the tutors was a former service user who at one point discussed his own suicide attempt. Before he started he made clear that he would not be disclosing the method he used or answering any questions on that for the reason that it can influence others who maybe at risk of suicide. The way Jack describes her attempt above could put others at risk, particularly as it worked out OK in so far as she threw up the pills. We think of Paracetamol as almost harmless because it's a cheap everyday drug but it can cause a lot of damage even in cases of accidental overdose. Anyone reading Jacks account who is seriously struggling would be forgiven for thinking such a method might be viable cry for help. It absolutely isn't.

By inserting it into a debate about benefits it gives the impression if we only had a fairer benefits system it would never have happened. People attempt suicide because they are very seriously mentally ill not directly because of a tragic or difficult life event. If Jack were remotely interested in the well being of other people I'd suggest she spend some time reading the Samaritans Media Guidelines on Suicide.

I dealt with somebody who took an overdose a couple of days ago. They believed the sort of tit JM wrote, as did the relatives. The mental load in having to explain in very simple words so there is no misunderstanding or dismissing what it does so they don't think 'Oh well, they've said they've been sick and aren't unconscious so everything is fine now' and not bother going to hospital within the tiny period where an antidote might work is phenomenal.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
The white middle class privilege is just so strong! How can she not see that? Guest houses. Guest houses!

Sometimes I think to myself 'well you weren't that poor really, your family managed to buy a house' One house. That my family almost lost when the mortgage rates soared. But I wouldn't consider myself poor. We just struggled like most working class families. bleeping melt she is.
What everyone keeps missing his her family weren't rich enough. She's not living it up in some massive posh house in Chelsea or Notting hill. She's got to slum rent a massive bungalow elsewhere. It's not the same and no one understands.

By the by not they it's any of my business bug if grandad was minted why didn't he leave her a massive inheritance, surely that would have kept the wolves from the door.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I wouldn't describe the piece as 'hate speech', but I agree that it is confrontational and divisive. So in the interests of civility I will certainly remove the link :) TBH - I only found it as I was curious about the DEAD grandfather's obit.

I was more taken aback at how the criticisms being made of JM (and certain groups of her followers) have been made ad naseum and still she continues!
I read the JM article and thought it was spot on and not hate speech, but after reading @crystaleyesd comment I had a look at the rest of the site, and yeah it’s pretty grim. In the context of the website it makes the article feel meaner, they were annoyingly close to getting seeing through her and her supporters. Yay for no arguing 🙌🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What everyone keeps missing his her family weren't rich enough. She's not living it up in some massive posh house in Chelsea or Notting hill. She's got to slum rent a massive bungalow elsewhere. It's not the same and no one understands.

By the by not they it's any of my business bug if grandad was minted why didn't he leave her a massive inheritance, surely that would have kept the wolves from the door.
That is it on the nose.

She was born into the middle classes, and expected to go up the social scale rather than down. It is why when she had a brief period in relative poverty (she never lived in absolute poverty) she was ill equipped to deal with it.

Anyone else would have just got on with it and when things improved be thankful they got through it. Many get stuck in poverty with no escape. She was lucky and had opportunities very few get. She squandered them and will forever blame others for her failure to capitalise on them.

She has mixed with the very rich and famous. She has lived with a millionaire. She has lived amongst the London elite. She has had friends in influential positions in the media. She has had time in the spotlight and been the darling of the Guardian. She has had a taste of high life and can not understand why she no longer rubbs shoulders with the great and good.

She thinks she deserves better......she doesn't.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 77

Cos it usually goes to the next generation down, there are different tax thresholds for partners / kids / grand kids / etc.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.