Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That has to be the funniest, most poetic and revealing Monroe video of them all. It’s bleeping hilarious. It’s interesting watching it again how crazy she seems, and totally incompetent as a guest on a tv show. What is also interesting is how she just totally avoided answering the claim that EC was making. (You’re grandfather was rich - HE’S DEAD, or you went to a grammar school -I FAILED) so basically, scream something that has some vague relation to the point and ignore the actual point. And the subsequent letter was a cringeworthy attempt to say the things she wish she’d said after the event, whilst desperately trying to control the narrative that she so embarrassingly lost control of.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
It would appear that C4 has commissioned a money-saving show, but surprisingly Jack is not doing the food bits (they’re using Gary Usher instead - at least he is an actual chef).
Jack must be wondering what on earth is the point of having a BB/Mrs J who is big at C4 if she can’t pull some strings to get you gigs like this. She must be itching to start another pile-on, but I think she’s had a bit of a telling off by her “people” so is on her best behaviour - for now, anyway.
Didn't he also get caught up in some Twitter storm for bullying or something? I'm sure (could be wrong) he recently tweeted her over something and she gushed all over him like that raspberry afterbirth porridge thing she made.

My mother in law used to frequent his restaurant the Sticky Walnut in Notting Hoole - she was never very impressed with it (not to triangulate myself or anything) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
It took me halfway through the letter to realise it wasn't a satire piece from one of us lot.

Touching on the mental health/suicide side of things as well as signposting services, I know I mentioned it recently but she's a bleeping awful advocate for people who are or could be in situations she has been in. I do know some people who for many reasons just will not ask for help or accept it when it is offered, but I don't know many people who have been in situations who provide such unhelpful advice on the regular.

An on an even further side note because I got reminded in my work meeting yesterday - this is a reminder that if you or a loved one have a diagnosed severe mental illness or learning disability you are entitled to a free yearly health care check with your GP including a medication review if you get crappy side effects from your medicines.

❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Christ what an absolute liability Jack is.

I'm also quite disturbed by the way she keeps bringing up these suicide attempts. Ages ago I took part in metal health training for work.One of the tutors was a former service user who at one point discussed his own suicide attempt. Before he started he made clear that he would not be disclosing the method he used or answering any questions on that for the reason that it can influence others who maybe at risk of suicide. The way Jack describes her attempt above could put others at risk, particularly as it worked out OK in so far as she threw up the pills. We think of Paracetamol as almost harmless because it's a cheap everyday drug but it can cause a lot of damage even in cases of accidental overdose. Anyone reading Jacks account who is seriously struggling would be forgiven for thinking such a method might be viable cry for help. It absolutely isn't.

By inserting it into a debate about benefits it gives the impression if we only had a fairer benefits system it would never have happened. People attempt suicide because they are very seriously mentally ill not directly because of a tragic or difficult life event. If Jack were remotely interested in the well being of other people I'd suggest she spend some time reading the Samaritans Media Guidelines on Suicide.
So this. I have actually looked at them in the past and they really made me think about how I spoke about the subject and I don’t even engage actively with the general public on social media. She should have done this as the first thing she did if she was going to write such an article.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Amazed Jack hasn't broken her period of silence to come to Mom's aid over the meecro-wa-vay affair. It's the internet and a flap about nothing so it should be right up her street. I thought we might at least get "well in my 'ouse we call it the old Chas 'n' Dave cos rhyming slang" but not a peep.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I have a confession the other night I was using leftovers up and I did a maverick, my husband face told me more about what he thought of me cooking like she does than his words could ever. The poor bloke choked it down anyway. Lesson learned. Stick to what I know and be less like her.
Did he wolf it down straight from the pan? Asking for a friend.

They have been playing a clip on the radio this morning of nigella pronouncing microwave it is bizarre, meecrow warvey!

Before any of that she needs a hygiene course! She’s a horror. 3 courses of the trots 🤢 at chez mackie
When you spend so much time on a topic the most obvious often slips away...:oops::LOL:
The last time my fingernails looked like hers was when I was 4 and out in the forest digging in the mud.
And why does she not use her white crockery to present her meals? I bought a set of nice looking cutlery at Woolies 25 years ago, it is timeless and still looks great. About ten years ago I got a set of white crockery from a charity shop. Nothing fancy but I ..erm..I clean it like a normal person and it looks appetising. It also makes simple food look good.

Edit: my two replies merged into one post, was not intentional...

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
she's only noticed that top ten people thread cos people have been nominating her on it! :LOL:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
That last bit about still working for Sainsbury's. That aged well!!

Edwina really did get to her didn't she! Ah poor little Jack, in poverty for 11 weeks. Still going on about it all these years later.
I don't doubt she had a crappy time, but it was 10 years ago. Strictly speaking not 'poverty'
She could easily have tapped the parents or her child's father for 11 weeks. That's not even 3 months.

It will never not baffle me why she hasn't moved on from 'Potatoes' Why hasn't she used all the opportunities she's been given? Why does she lie? Why is she so horrible?
It does seem weird that after 11 weeks she was hiding from bailiffs? Surely it would take longer than that to escalate things? Or am I being naive

Jeeze that whole letter from her is a massive pile of cringe. Made even worse by the fact that if any of it is true, she could have prevented a lot of it by telling SBs dad or her own family how she was living. If I couldn’t afford to feed my kids or heat their room at night but I knew someone in my family could there would be no question of me making sure they were staying somewhere safe and warm until I could sort my financial tit out.
Exactly. How could you let your child live like that KNOWING you could ask for help from family? Asking isn’t shameful. Not asking for bleeping help is!

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Wow.... she's got a nerve nominating someone who did a lot to raise awareness of covid-19 related issues, after her mindless trip to Edinburgh.

Reactions: 40
God having to feign interest in other people for their good deeds must be killing her.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I don’t know if this has been posted, but I hooted at this message and JM’s lack of passive aggressive reply - she’s probably seething at home writing at letter about it as we speak.

50D5A842-B6A3-4192-A64F-CAB0E865D995.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
'I can't help if it was reduced to 50p! I regularly campaign for charities and give copies of my books away for free, so I'm going to buy some nice things if you don't mind!'

😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.