Jack Monroe #116 Burger and lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can not wait to see what new slop she can find to dump tinned fruit in.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
it's great that del monte are making a charity donation and it's great that the insta post is a properly done #ad. and maybe, if she's working with a brand for 6 months and presumably with real development people, there might be a possibility of palatable recipes...

on the other hand, I'm itching for some slop monstrosities!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Slop and entertainment for the next 6 months 🥳 on a serious note though it is really good that the Magic Breakfast will benefit and maybe Jack will see fit to remove her tip jars now she has a proper job for the next wee while. Operation whitewash post Scotsman article seems to be going well.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
11 weeks.

how many years can she stretch that out for. Find a new agenda.
To put things into perspective: 11 weeks ago Poca opened thread 77 and we were all laughing at Brenda's sausages, and 'fingering a leek'

Thread 2, where I'd argue the threads really started in earnest, was April 5th 2020 ...which was 35 weeks ago. Over THREE times longer.
A new IGTV show? Hope so -live commentary from the cabal will no doubt be hilarious
It's like a Xmas present from Jack to us!

Slop Jack definitely produces the best content on these threads - eager to laugh at tinned pineapple and cumin quiche or whatever she comes up with!

Edit: autocarrot!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Let’s remember that this is a six month long gig the next time she pretends she can’t afford butter.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
If they’re giving £10k to Magic Breakfast they’ll be paying Jack considerably more. Any more pleading poverty and she’s gonna get caught out.

That this absolute creature continues to get brand partnerships makes my head ache.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
_20201209_183946.JPG

Stop me if I'm being a proper snowflake and stuff, but is anyone else a bit uncomfortable at appropriating the phrase 'yes we can'? I know it's become a vague nothing slogan now, and I'm certainly no fan of Obama's legacy, but at the time it was a rallying call for equality and racial justice. To downgrade it to a terrible pun about cooking with bleeping cans just seems really...cheap?

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Well, I'm glad she's making an honest living at last! And I'll maybe get some ideas for what I can do with the tinned mandarins I bought in March! :LOL:
Oh God, am I her...target market?! :eek:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Sorry for double posting like a sociopath but also how does she reconcile wanging on for the last 6 months about her £20 shop and the benefits of buying SmartPrice, to then go and become the face of a comparatively expensive, branded product?

Integrity? Jack doesn’t know her.

Also lol @ the spiel written by Del Monte’s PR that she “particularly likes that there are no preservatives” in their tins. Yeah, god forbid there’s any in the peaches, when SB’s hole sausages are 78% potassium nitrite. bleep.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 98
Well, I'm glad she's making an honest living at last! And I'll maybe get some ideas for what I can do with the tinned mandarins I bought in March! :LOL:
Oh God, am I her...target market?! :eek:
Pretty sure she has a pasta dish with yoghurt and tinned mandarins you could try.....

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.