Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never met her but i really want her to be having a great day today. I love her smile and her jumper. šŸ’•

Assuming this is terminator squiggle tweeting the article to all newspapers, i both love and fear* them and hope their determination pays off!

*when i say fear I mean i wouldn't want to be the one who wronged them, they give zero fucks and im living for them and their vengeful quest for justice (please don't turn out to be a bigot). Jack messed with the wrong squiggle šŸ˜Æ
Please, please please don't turn out to be a bigot. Be a sensible, analytical, honest frau like us.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I squealed at the 'for new readers' tweet! It's funny how we've been claiming she's not poor since we've all been here.... but she only tweets this to her followers after that Scotsman article.

Bahahahahahahahahahahaha. I bet you've had a gorgeous day washing your soiled pants Jack. This is just the start you mendacious cow.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Because of Waitrose dahling! Because of Ocado! Because the peasants eat kale as a seasoning and I like my duck eggs. (Please read in an Ab Fab voice!)
4920D24E-67D8-4EC2-BA25-C6F4F811D816.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I'm already feeling fragile this week and this is starting to tip me over the edge again.

I score very highly on all publicly available tests for Inattentive ADHD and borderline autism. According to the NHS psychiatrist I saw I can't have ADHD because I'm not hyperactive... I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder due to - according to the answer to my complaint which I had to send via the Medical Director - my 'suicidal ideation' despite my having stated clearly to them that I have never been suicidal despite self-harming as a coping mechanism. My application for access to the autism diagnosis pathway was refused on the grounds that this had never been brought up during all the years I had attended various counselling etc despite the psychiatrist originally bringing it up and counselling never having helped a thing. I asked to see someone as antidepressants and counselling hadn't worked after 30 odd years! Compliance previously was also brought up as a black mark against me despite lateness and confusing dates, forgetting appointments etc being part of my problems.

I have been signed off work since February after an almost complete breakdown and Occupational Health insisting that my doctor signed me off. They then recommended that I be assessed for medical retirement. Another OH doctor did this as a paper exercise without talking to me and concluded that I wasn't fit for work but wasn't permanently unfit as with mental health assistance I could improve. That would be the mental health assistance that I have been fighting for years to access (I was given my diagnosis and discharged without even an explanatory leaflet or any contact information) and even got to the stage of seriously considering faking a high profile suicide attempt at the Road Bridge or wherever to get some help. If I go back to work, it will happen again and again and again if I cannot access the help that my local MH team are dead set against giving.

Yet twit can swan in to see her private doctor thanks to her money and buy herself a diagnosis and drugs to suit her pleas of she can't help it, despite the drugs which should supposedly control her behaviour.

I'm broken
Oh honey, I'm so sorry. We fraus are here for you no matter what. If you need to vent please message me. You are doing great and I'm glad that you had the bravery to say this. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I'm already feeling fragile this week and this is starting to tip me over the edge again.

I score very highly on all publicly available tests for Inattentive ADHD and borderline autism. According to the NHS psychiatrist I saw I can't have ADHD because I'm not hyperactive... I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder due to - according to the answer to my complaint which I had to send via the Medical Director - my 'suicidal ideation' despite my having stated clearly to them that I have never been suicidal despite self-harming as a coping mechanism. My application for access to the autism diagnosis pathway was refused on the grounds that this had never been brought up during all the years I had attended various counselling etc despite the psychiatrist originally bringing it up and counselling never having helped a thing. I asked to see someone as antidepressants and counselling hadn't worked after 30 odd years! Compliance previously was also brought up as a black mark against me despite lateness and confusing dates, forgetting appointments etc being part of my problems.

I have been signed off work since February after an almost complete breakdown and Occupational Health insisting that my doctor signed me off. They then recommended that I be assessed for medical retirement. Another OH doctor did this as a paper exercise without talking to me and concluded that I wasn't fit for work but wasn't permanently unfit as with mental health assistance I could improve. That would be the mental health assistance that I have been fighting for years to access (I was given my diagnosis and discharged without even an explanatory leaflet or any contact information) and even got to the stage of seriously considering faking a high profile suicide attempt at the Road Bridge or wherever to get some help. If I go back to work, it will happen again and again and again if I cannot access the help that my local MH team are dead set against giving.

Yet twit can swan in to see her private doctor thanks to her money and buy herself a diagnosis and drugs to suit her pleas of she can't help it, despite the drugs which should supposedly control her behaviour.

I'm broken
Aw Blurp, sending you lots of love Quine. Others have put it far better than I could but I just want to reiterate (thatā€™s right Jack, I can steal words too) that this here group of fabulousness are here and hoping things turn a corner for you really soon ā¤

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Why won't Jack say, yes the waiting lists are very long, which is why I went private. Is she ashamed of it or doesn't she want her pay pigs to know she can afford private medical treatment.

And even if she did have a diagnosis of autism at 11 (which she didn't) she would need to be reassessed as an adult to confirm the diagnosis was correct.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

I'm broken
itā€™s really common for women to be misdiagnosed with BPD, iā€™m so sorry youā€™re having such a fight ā¤ it shouldnā€™t be like this. at the very least youā€™re entitled to feel confident that any assessment has been fair and robust and that the people involved have communicated with you properly, even regardless of the outcome (hope that makes sense). hope things get (much!) better for you soon xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 32
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
ā€œIā€™m frugalā€. šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
I suppose the Ā£20 shop could be seen as frugal. Although itā€™s supplemented by a milkman delivery, a VERY well stocked store cupboard, countless undeclared gourmet foodstuffs that pop up as if from nowhere, and three freezers full of frozen meals.
Then thereā€™s the endless pieces of Cotswold Co furniture (Ā£900+ each); the WaterRower (c.Ā£1,200); the jaunt to Edinburgh (canā€™t have been any change from Ā£1,500); a new TV for her kid; expensive curtains; Heist shape wear (c.Ā£190); that bloody weird sentient mirror (Ā£300); the wallpaper she uses as a notepad (Ā£40 a roll); multiple phones and other gadgets; Penhaligonā€™s scent; Viv Westwood dress; designer gym leggings at around Ā£90 a pop; pricy designer crockery (Ā£144 per set); some crappy print for a friend (Ā£25, and it really was shite); etc. etc. etc.
And thatā€™s just the stuff sheā€™s told us about or photographed on her SM.
Frugal! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 51

This article in the Scotsman (ohhh, Jackie) she states that a few years ago her doctor diagnosed her as being '99 per cent of the qualities of classic autism and there are ADHD qualities to it.'

.... SoooooošŸ¤” she only had adhd 'qualities' last year then?
Sorry... Just to add this gem in the interview.
"She stretches out her legs, and groans a little, mid sentence. ā€œArthritis,ā€ she explains. ā€œIā€™m going through all the Aā€™s at the moment. ADHD, autism, arthritis, anxietyā€¦ canā€™t wait for the bs, botulism...ā€"

She is a c, for bleep.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 85
At least sheā€™s now finally saying ā€œI used to be poor but Iā€™m not nowā€

keep saying it Jack and close that bloody tip jar.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Ā£3,000 šŸ˜±!!! Thatā€™s a lot of cash...

I promise Iā€™m not going to be a threads gone by bore but Iā€™m sure it was you @heretoreaditall2019 who said on thread 1 that JM was possibly covered for private healthcare by ā€œMrs Jā€ (shudders). If that was the case, Iā€™m not sure it would cover an ADHD diagnosis but it could explain the speed of it - or maybe JM had/has enough money to splurge on sideboards, enough denim shirts to clothe her county and hammocks *and* pay for something like that.

Pure speculation Mā€™Lord
I now work for a company with a huge healthcare benefit (American based firm šŸ”ŗ) and under our policy, yes, she would have been covered. It seems very plausible that was the route, although a lot of the medical staff are NHS too. We have a separate counselling service, again she would be covered, so could have started from that angle.

Reactions: 15
CLOSE THE TIP JAR

donā€™t hide the ā€˜Iā€™m not poor thanksā€™ at the end of a few tweets. Write it on bleeping Instagram and Facebook. Put it on your bleeping website

that tweet is just to cover her back ā€˜see I said itā€™

twit.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
At least sheā€™s now finally saying ā€œI used to be poor but Iā€™m not nowā€

keep saying it Jack and close that bloody tip jar.
She still can't just give a straight up admission. It's littered with "but I'm scarred"'s and "I'm frugal's which are still bullshits IMO. Hey Jack since you're reading, can we get an update on the poverty manuscript? Ever-hopeful it will actually get published

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Diagnosed in her 30s. She's 32. Do we have any receipts for the 'origin story' of her ADHD? I don't remember any *announcement* and we all know she loves one of those. Probably wanted to avoid too many questions I would imagine
Didnā€™t she once talk about a psychiatrist making a home visit for diagnosis when she was a child?

Iā€™m sure I read that here, with receipts.

Itā€™s all either BS or private Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ practice.

Edited - should have read to the end! I see that someone posted a link to the article which talks about autism but not adhd. My opinion still stands though: BS or private.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I woke up in the middle of last night, and all I could think was:

"What did she make with the yellow sticker iceberg lettuces, 4 pints of skimmed milk, and .... Wafer thin ham.... that she bought in sainsburys on the Edinburgh trip? What possible combination could there be?

I need some kind of resolution with this. I can't have another tossy turny night

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
She is unbelievable.
Such an overused term I know so apologies in advance but 'just to reiterate I am no longer in poverty' verges on gaslighting.
Totally changing the recent historyshe chose to project.
CLOSE THE TIP JAR

donā€™t hide the ā€˜Iā€™m not poor thanksā€™ at the end of a few tweets. Write it on bleeping Instagram and Facebook. Put it on your bleeping website

that tweet is just to cover her back ā€˜see I said itā€™

twit.
Spot on. 'I've always been transparent and can prove it. Not my fault if people have misinterpreted what I say and have sent me money'.
Shameless.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Didnā€™t she once talk about a psychiatrist making a home visit for diagnosis when she was a child?

Iā€™m sure I read that here, with receipts.

Itā€™s all either BS or private Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£Ā£ practice.
think it was an ed psych šŸ˜„

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.