Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Some people have an ADHD coach'.
This middle class Tory private health woman has lost her grip on reality.
I’ve never heard of an ADHD coach. The statement thing by friends and families is rather maverick too. I’ve seen dozens of young people get diagnosed over the years and it’s always with questionnaires, The Conors is one they seem to use at the moment. The psychiatrist is looking to meet diagnostic criteria so maybe the statements would help but there are far simpler ways to do this than ‘write a statement about me but I’m not telling you why’.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Asking her friends, family and colleagues to write a statement about how her ADHD affected them without telling them what it was for...Isn’t that a bit...weird? Cruel? Strange?
She gave them homework.
My Psychotherapist asked my partner to write a statement about my behaviour and a few other personal things, now I know what they were looking for. I had no idea at the time (not until reading here actually) what she was possibly looking for.

The request for information from my partner was at her instigation, I didn't go prepared. I certainly didn't trick him into writing something that I could rely on to ensure that my self diagnosis was confirmed.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Asking her friends, family and colleagues to write a statement about how her ADHD affected them without telling them what it was for...Isn’t that a bit...weird? Cruel? Strange?
She gave them homework.
I bet it was cathartic for them, a nice creative writing exercise about what a nightmare wor Mackie is. Just letting it all out, few thousand words banged out in half an hour no bother. I reckon getting them to STOP writing would've been the hard part 😄😄😄

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Whatever ailment or condition she has, she says "this is what it is like to have X, this is what it is like to have Y". She never acknowledges that people experience these things differently.
It is tragic really.
Yeah, I can’t stand this. Why am I getting riled? Is it fun for me? Like pushing a bruise? I can’t tell.

I don’t want to say someone’s autism or whatever diagnosis is invalid or somehow less severe or undeserving of sympathy — whatever!

She talks like someone who doesn’t talk to other disabled or autistic or ADHD people, because it’s always centred around her and then she gives tone deaf advice like “find a good psychiatrist” and “have everyone around you write statements” ... uh, okay. I have had more abusive psychiatrists than good ones. Wait, I’ve had one good* one and I have to qualify that, because I’ve done my readings and homework and know the state of psychiatry. Psychiatrists are 90 percent cop and 10 percent doctor, in a primitive field of medicine. They have the power to coerce and to excuse. ... I’m starting to rant.

Point is JM talks like no one I’ve heard talking in the active disabled community on Twitter. Activists, advocates, researchers, writers, and doctors (yes, including psychiatrists) write nuanced opinions that include the whole community. Spouting out YOUR diagnoses and YOUR experiences is not bleeping activism! It’s reality entertainment! At the very least it achieves society’s mediocre activism goal of “raising awareness.”

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Jack pretending she's much older than her years again. Diagnosed in her thirties? She's 32 😂
Implying a level of longevity, or the portrayal of 'old hand' experience, whilst actively covering up her very recent 'diagnosis' so as to assume a level of authority that she isn't worthy of all for likes, sympathy and ultimately, money.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
There are certainly coaches who specialize in ADHD. I know someone who had a supportive employer and she did Access to Work, they funded part of the cost and so did her employer. They just help you work out strategies to negotiate tasks and the workplace without driving yourself mad working all weekend because you can’t keep up with everything.

Reactions: 15
The sausages I priced were 95p for 8.
The recipe lists 20 smartprice sausages for 99p. I saw those but they were frozen and the recipe seemed to use “slimy” ones I assumed were not frozen. I am a lifelong vegetarian though so this is not familiar to me.
NHS website says an eight year old boy should have about 1,600 cal per day. So 1/10th of this recipe is less than a tenth of daily calorie intake.
I’m fuming (as you could guess 😤) also I realise this is SB’s recipe but she published it, it’s her responsibility
I think she would have just let them defrost and cook them in their defrosting juices (that would make them slimy) 🤮 🤮

Those sausages probably had fewer calories too.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Sending hugs to fraus that are finding this evening’s tweetathon particularly challenging 😔🤗.

Just had a long conversation with Mrs Tunnel about the current state of CAMHS and CYPS and it really hasn’t helped the mood but at least Jack has had a lovely day.

Praise be.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
She needs to stop this. ADHD is primarily misunderstood in women because it doesn’t manifest as fidgeting and misbehaviour and underachieving. A huge number of women with ADHD are high-functioning, successful, highly intelligent, and they will meet deadlines and compulsively organise their professional lives to the detriment of their personal well-being.

So many women I know who’ve been diagnosed were mistakenly diagnosed as BPD, bi-polar etc etc, when in fact it was this “masking” behaviour which was destroying them. Jack makes attempts at copying this with her stupid bleeping colour-coded lists but ultimately it’s just performative procrastination.

Jack is welcome to tout her shopped diagnosis as a reason for her repeated missed deadlines and unpreparedness, if she can say “this is not the case for everyone with my condition”. But it rankles with me that she’s asking for an excuse to do a sub-standard job and thus perpetuating the idea that if an employer hires someone with ADHD they can expect lateness, erratic behaviour and crappy excuses.

Standard Jack to wave her privately diagnosed and treated condition as a shield against this article calling out her grift. I’m heartened that people in her industry are noticing, but nonetheless others will certainly jump to her defence even though it’s bleeping bullshit.
I'm already feeling fragile this week and this is starting to tip me over the edge again.

I score very highly on all publicly available tests for Inattentive ADHD and borderline autism. According to the NHS psychiatrist I saw I can't have ADHD because I'm not hyperactive... I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder due to - according to the answer to my complaint which I had to send via the Medical Director - my 'suicidal ideation' despite my having stated clearly to them that I have never been suicidal despite self-harming as a coping mechanism. My application for access to the autism diagnosis pathway was refused on the grounds that this had never been brought up during all the years I had attended various counselling etc despite the psychiatrist originally bringing it up and counselling never having helped a thing. I asked to see someone as antidepressants and counselling hadn't worked after 30 odd years! Compliance previously was also brought up as a black mark against me despite lateness and confusing dates, forgetting appointments etc being part of my problems.

I have been signed off work since February after an almost complete breakdown and Occupational Health insisting that my doctor signed me off. They then recommended that I be assessed for medical retirement. Another OH doctor did this as a paper exercise without talking to me and concluded that I wasn't fit for work but wasn't permanently unfit as with mental health assistance I could improve. That would be the mental health assistance that I have been fighting for years to access (I was given my diagnosis and discharged without even an explanatory leaflet or any contact information) and even got to the stage of seriously considering faking a high profile suicide attempt at the Road Bridge or wherever to get some help. If I go back to work, it will happen again and again and again if I cannot access the help that my local MH team are dead set against giving.

Yet twit can swan in to see her private doctor thanks to her money and buy herself a diagnosis and drugs to suit her pleas of she can't help it, despite the drugs which should supposedly control her behaviour.

I'm broken

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 99
The ADHD stuff irritates me too...I concur with what’s already been said and I can’t improve upon it.
i have ADHD but being in my 50s i approach the idea of medication with extreme caution . I’ve tried the medication and it’s amazing, my brain becomes so focused and alert ....it’s like the medication “tunes the fuzzy TV” if that makes sense.
However I am aware these drugs are stimulants and so I tend not to use them..in fact haven’t taken any for the past year.
I am aware of the drawbacks of ADHD but I also have amazing abilities which o wouldn’t have without it. I’m a very creative thinker for example and good at thinking sideways and seeing stuff others don’t.
I have an irrational fear of being late so am always stupidly early....I also found myself nodding in understanding about the person described who always gave in course work early. That’s me too.

Tbh I am not sure if Jack has ADHD (I can see traits in her) or some kind of personality disorder. There’s definitely something there though which makes her pretty much unemployable.

oh and GQ magazine...Jack is NOT and never has been “a chef”. You insult every single trained chef out there by describing her as such. Also the only actisim she indulges in is feathering her rented nest by outright lies designed to manipulate people into giving her money,
Sorry for OT and being a bit behind but just wanted to say this has really made my day.

At the age of 30 I've just yesterday started the process with my GP to try and get a referral and I feel like a total imposter and like I'm making it all up and lying to myself. So this and all the other lovely fraus who have talked about ADHD tonight, thank(space)you 💛

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I'm already feeling fragile this week and this is starting to tip me over the edge again.

I score very highly on all publicly available tests for Inattentive ADHD and borderline autism. According to the NHS psychiatrist I saw I can't have ADHD because I'm not hyperactive... I have been diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder due to - according to the answer to my complaint which I had to send via the Medical Director - my 'suicidal ideation' despite my having stated clearly to them that I have never been suicidal despite self-harming as a coping mechanism. My application for access to the autism diagnosis pathway was refused on the grounds that this had never been brought up during all the years I had attended various counselling etc despite the psychiatrist originally bringing it up and counselling never having helped a thing. I asked to see someone as antidepressants and counselling hadn't worked after 30 odd years! Compliance previously was also brought up as a black mark against me despite lateness and confusing dates, forgetting appointments etc being part of my problems.

I have been signed off work since February after an almost complete breakdown and Occupational Health insisting that my doctor signed me off. They then recommended that I be assessed for medical retirement. Another OH doctor did this as a paper exercise without talking to me and concluded that I wasn't fit for work but wasn't permanently unfit as with mental health assistance I could improve. That would be the mental health assistance that I have been fighting for years to access (I was given my diagnosis and discharged without even an explanatory leaflet or any contact information) and even got to the stage of seriously considering faking a high profile suicide attempt at the Road Bridge or wherever to get some help. If I go back to work, it will happen again and again and again if I cannot access the help that my local MH team are dead set against giving.

Yet twit can swan in to see her private doctor thanks to her money and buy herself a diagnosis and drugs to suit her pleas of she can't help it, despite the drugs which should supposedly control her behaviour.

I'm broken
Oh Blurp. I'm so sorry this is happening to you.
I really hope you have family/friend support.
xxxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 38
❤ To anybody struggling. I have slopbot open permanently on one tab and the Sloppies on another, they do make me laugh.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37

I'm broken
My post was too short to express what I was trying to say. I know that the excessive commenting about her diagnoses will be harming so many on here tonight and it is heartbreaking.

Sorry to hear you have been through such an horrendous ordeal in already horrendous times. I cannot add anything practical other than people are here to listen and I hope it gets better for you soon.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.