Jack Monroe #114 i, slopbot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Too short.
This is just for posterity.
I've realised that photoshopped/facetuned Jack from today reminds me of Tim Allen in The Santa Clause. There's a scene where he isn't quite morphed into santa and is all shiny
1607039884354.png

NOOO, it's the clone Santa I'm thinking of!
1607039985198.png

• Haha
Reactions: 22
The squiggle who tweeted her the Scotsman article (ETA same Squig as in @HotesTilaire receipt above)
View attachment 333940
View attachment 333943
I've often felt Jack is an amusing distraction - but tweets like this are awful and bring home the reality. Jack lives in a lovely house with every comfort and still pretends to be poor and takes money off people. She is a con artist pure and simple. No better than scammers who take money off old people over the phone.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 72
I've often felt Jack is an amusing distraction - but tweets like this are awful and bring home the reality. Jack lives in a lovely house with every comfort and still pretends to be poor and takes money off people. She is a con artist pure and simple. No better than scammers who take money off old people over the phone.
Yep I felt genuinely sad especially when she said her kids would be furious. How awful that jack put her in that position

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
I think Angry Tip Jar Squiggle is true because she is pissed off.

Homer pats sofa “join us” gif

It made me sad when she said she hoped if she gave she would be noticed as she was in a difficult situation too. I don’t doubt that in amongst the thousands of unread emails JM has are people like this squig, pouring their heart out, hoping to make a small connection, apologizing for only sending a small amount to the tip jar...it’s heartbreaking

Edit- lost half the post

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
No way! 😲 If someone's given nearly FIFTEEN HUNDRED quid to Jack without stopping to question it long before now, then frankly that's their own stupidity. I call bullshit or an alt account.

Edited to add: Sorry, after reading further posts above, I realise it's a bit harsh to use the word stupidity, people clearly can and do get sucked in. Sorry, squiggle.
That’s what I thought at first and then, if you break £1500 into chunks. Little chunks and sometimes a bit more over time it rapidly adds up. So I could see it happening. It could come from another account, but I bet my socks people have done this.
Now the brass is coming in, and ye Gods doesn’t everyone know it will be interesting to see the next grifting expedition.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
And another cook/food writer is ruined for us fraus.

Samin writes and speaks so beautifully about food I have no idea how Jack can be likened to her. There is a food writer/cook who takes joy in not only teaching others how to cook and but also the process itself.

ETA I was going to write something about Ina but I thought I might start to look slightly obsessed.....

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Yes!! Was just about to post something similar. I think because I love these threads and all the really bleeping funny and clever things that you guys say, I sometimes forget that she’s a tit bag who’s causing actual damage to people. I need to remember that it’s not all brambly mice, sometimes it’s bloody grenfell.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Apologies if already covered and I’ve missed it, but this squiggle has tagged BB!!
Good. She's just as much a part of the problem as Jack. Jack is exactly the sort of person someone in her so called position *should* be calling out, not being with.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
Tomorrow is going to be interesting with Terminator Squiggle on the rampage.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.