Jack Monroe #113 I beg your pardon, she’s got a hammock in her rented garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This bit caught my eye

There were threads about frequent posters with big follower counts, some familiar as chronic oversharers of personal lives, ailments, and what their kids are up to, who have explicitly asked their audiences for money, through donations to crowdfunders or ‘tip jar’ Patreons.
Yuuup! It's a really good column, I don't know if anyone else has written about the issue in such a comprehensive manner?

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Her shed is not full of crockery, we have seen it. Her shed is a kitcken/studio/deathtrap.

If someone said that Nigella kept her crockery in the downstairs bog, Jack would say she does too. Can no one ever tell her something that she doesn't know, seen, tried, done, have?

Her crap is all over the house, we have seen the pictures. Though I very much doubt that crockery is marauding anywhere. Crockery is inanimate.
No, silly @MancBee! Your crockery and cutlery might be inanimate and beautifully ordered but at her house it is like the Beauty & the Beast Disney film, it's like the Brambly Mice, only inside!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
On the crockery front, how was she planning to get the dinner service to her friend?
Was she gonna present it in person (but it's so heavy, bung it all in your rucksack and make several trips)?
Or maybe post each plate out separately ("I'll wing one over to you")?

Or why not do what normal people do, get it delivered by the company direct to your friend's house?

All irrelevant of course.. no mates, all plates for Jackie. I could *smell* those changeover crockery pictures, I guess dark and patterned dishes hide a multitude of poor washing up skills.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Who do you think this bit is about?
I think it's about Scottish Jack.

I posted this in the Jack thread but she's obviously talking about Vonny too!! 👀👀👀
Really great and thoughtful column imo!

View attachment 332872

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
OH MY GOD YOU GUYS!!! 👀👀👀😳😳😳

View attachment 332870

This is amazing! I am bouncing and squeaking like SB waiting on his breakfast.

This is glorious and two absolute chancers all but named in one article. Imagine the howls coming from the crappy bungalow today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Sorry if this isn't my place to say but I would have thought Jack would have avoided the Salvation Army given their LGBTQ+ track record?
I can maybe understand if it was a very essential item bought in difficult times that was absolutely needed at the time but it sounds like a piece of ugly ceramic that spends most of the year gathering dust in a shed?

• Heart
Reactions: 36
No, silly @MancBee! Your crockery and cutlery might be inanimate and beautifully ordered but at her house it is like the Beauty & the Beast Disney film, it's like the Brambly Mice, only inside!
Silly me, it must be like Micky Mouse and the Sorcerer's Apprentice in Fantasia. All the dishes and pans dancing across the room, throwing themselves into the sink, marauding their way throughout the house crappy bungalow.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Why doesnt she name names? I dont understand
I'm quite glad she doesn't. I think it's probably a bigger issue than just the one or two people she's using here as examples, and it would just get into a personal slanging match if names were named. But when you know, you know (and I think a lot of people who read this will know, regardless of whether they post on here or not - although having said that, those who don't might come and have a nosey and pretty soon they'll see exactly who's who).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Mon the Scots! We had a wee bit of snow last night...Frosty Jack.

She’s going to panic today. I predict between 50-80 tweets...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Her mind would be a lot clearer and life less chaotic if she got rid of the majority of her crap. I’m not sure there are any wanky initials for the term ‘hoarder’ but she can add that to her continuous list of ailments. Bish has a problem.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
The beauty of not naming names, too, is that the people discussed in the column would actually have to step forward and basically admit that they can recognise their behaviours in what's described. I believe that's called CHECK MATE!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 82
If she does this 5 times a year - how can she not know how long it takes? Also why do it the night before yet another big work thing, so yet again she is tired and unprofessional. FFS!
Also, we’ve not heard of it until now...so once in 9 months

• Haha
Reactions: 35
145 tweets. That’s incredible, it’s just bizarre. She practically lives on Twitter, how does she get anything done. You know, writing, cooking, parenting, cleaning. 145 tweets in one day is frankly disturbing, it’s not normal and speaks to underlying issues. Like loneliness.
She finished on 148 in the end. Plus retweets and maybe a few deletions here and there 😖

• Wow
Reactions: 33
This is glorious and two absolute chancers all but named in one article. Imagine the howls coming from the crappy bungalow today.

She has got this, and if she hasn't, she has Sponsorbot. Reassuringly hanging above her computer screen, in her eyeline, all damn day. She will be fine.

In the parlance of an influential social media activist - this is my permanent mood today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
This may already have been said, but would it be an idea to tweet the Scotsman article towards Monroe? Just to be sure that she’s read it. Would that even allowed? -wouldn’t need to be snarky, could even be sent under the guise of ‘this is a great article but definitely not about you’ (but then some of her followers would at least see it)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.