Jack Monroe #113 I beg your pardon, she’s got a hammock in her rented garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They do, I first saw them on there, then they popped up on aldi.

Our house faces the prevailing winds and our windows are shocking (never let safestyle anywhere near your house), we were going to have them all changed this year, but then lockdown etc happened and our builder is extremely clinically vunerable so hasn't worked much at all.

It is chilly tonight, so I'll be looking at them again I think
If you’re in Manchester have a look at Manchester care & repair. They give you an interest free loan for new windows.

Reactions: 9
I’m confused as to why she does this personification thing. It’s like she’s trying to write as a Year 11 English student in the most elaborate way possible.

She needs to realise that, as an adult cookery writer, that is not the way it is done or how her readers are impressed (does she see them as examiners?).

She is so conflicted. On one hand she is trying to present as much older than she actually is, yet on the other she writes and acts like a teen.

Reactions: 28
The furlough bollocks makes me so mad 😡 is this the reason she hates this so much is because we are all very different people with different backgrounds and skills and experience so are able to call her out over every single lie ???

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Just noticed that last night she said she was "smugly hitting the Debenhams sale". Nice to see she has compassion for those losing their jobs. By all means "hit the sale", but to do it "smugly" is just tone deaf.

She is despicable.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 86
Just thought, if she is claiming to be a food writer or whatever, why the need for all the fancy plates and crockery? The food should speak for itself. There's no amount of fancy crockery that can distract from the slop.
Ina garten says always to use white crockery, and she is right! Food looks much better

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Massive sleeps at the weekend? She is child-free every single weekend. Every weekend free to indulge in her greatest love: herself. She never has to think or do stuff for anyone else, every single weekend. She doesn't live in the real world does she at all?

Reactions: 34
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Just a thought about today's photoshoot. Why has she not said that she is in the at risk group so would rather not have strangers in her home? She could offer them some of the many, many, many, photographs she has already.

She is happy for the Guardian to still be using a photograph of her with a red birds nest sat on her head. Why the need to put herself at risk to obtain new pictures for whatever publication it is she has conned into featuring her?

Scratch that, she wants the attention again. Her health needs are secondary when it comes to attention, but are at the forefront the rest of the time.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
OH MY GOD YOU GUYS!!! 👀👀👀😳😳😳

View attachment 332870

This bit caught my eye

There were threads about frequent posters with big follower counts, some familiar as chronic oversharers of personal lives, ailments, and what their kids are up to, who have explicitly asked their audiences for money, through donations to crowdfunders or ‘tip jar’ Patreons.

let’s hope the squiggles see this

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
It's a NEW RECORD! 145 tweets in one day!

Previous record was 140 (since counting began)

(Retweets not included)

Well done, Jack 👏🏆💫
145 tweets. That’s incredible, it’s just bizarre. She practically lives on Twitter, how does she get anything done. You know, writing, cooking, parenting, cleaning. 145 tweets in one day is frankly disturbing, it’s not normal and speaks to underlying issues. Like loneliness.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.