Jack Monroe #112 Is that it? IS THAT IT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfollow / refollow to get attention and a follow-back?
I honestly think something must have gone down between them, though. They were fairly friendly for a while and then ... nothing. He was a very vocal Corbyn defender so maybe something to do with the fact that she's basically a Tory?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She's re-followed Billy Bragg. He hasn't followed her back. Neither has Ruby Tandoh. Wonder what she's up to, though. Trying to unburn some bridges, maybe?
Wouldn't the best way to mend bridges be, oh I don't know, pick up the phone and do something radical like make a voice call. Try talking to them and tell them how you miss their friendship.

What a way to live your life, friending and unfriending on social media as a way of communicating.

These people are not friends, they are acquaintances at best.

Last edited:
Reactions: 45
If she's rationing butter everything she makes will be dry. I can tell her a trade secret many supermarkets have ready to roll and bake cinnamon bun ingredients.
I think there like 2 pounds. You're welcome.

Just had a look at the pictures they look as dense a stone's. Her stomach will know when she's ate them.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Some more Sloppies nominations for the "Most Bizarre Lie" category (though, let's face it, with how easily "bending the truth" comes to Our Jackie we could be here all night):

- "My budget doesn't stretch to butter at the moment"

- The tenancy for the crappy bungalow which is somehow both fixed term and rolling

- "I always shop locally and ethically"

- "I'm 90% vegan but occasionally have to eat oily fish for my joints" = inhales Five Guys burgers, yellow-sticker chicken slices,
cheap, wet ham
and more eggs than Gaston

- "I don't eat sugar these days" within hours of posting about eating sherbet dips, doughnuts, chocolate bars, etc

- Invented Healthy Start vouchers

- Grew up "on food stamps" [note for clarity: she didn't actually say this, but piped up "That's me!" when someone on Twitter asked to hear from people who'd lived that experience]
The sugar one did make me laugh. It was “I only eat sweet things I’ve made myself these days”. I know so many people like this. Say they hardly touch sugar but eat absolute sugary crap almost every day 😂 there must be a word for it somewhere. It’s like a syndrome.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
If she's rationing butter everything she makes will be dry. I can tell her a trade secret many supermarkets have ready to roll and bake cinnamon bun ingredients.
I think there like 2 pounds. You're welcome.
The jus rol ones <homer Simpson droolgif>
And they’re accidentally vegan 👌🏻

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Because she's got nothing else to do. Trying to get Xmas sales for her books. Did she do black Friday sales or anything?

Reactions: 22
Can we have a special dip down the back of the M&S/John Lewis sofas to get the perfect presenters for the Best Photographic Image Award?

Nev and Max. We could call it The Catfish Trophy (sponsored by Facetune).

1606643323388.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Unfollow / refollow to get attention and a follow-back?
Ha like when we used to use MSN at aged 13 and login and out so our crush would notice.

Funnily enough, we grew up. She doesn't seem to have got the memo.

Reactions: 26
Those Cinnamon things look like the stones whole classes of primary school kids used to decorate then lob back down the beach for some other poor fucker to find.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
These sorts of questions should never be answered, it's a means of fishing for the answers to password security questions.
I can't imagine Jack's passwords being too difficult to guess, probably Cooper123 or something #boomer

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Please can we have The Mission Inn Star Award for sloppiest slop? That has absolutely killed me 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
It’s actually quite a narc trait to break with convention and look rubbish or wear something which is ripped or damaged or just not quite right. Sorry most of the narcs I knew were men so it was more about clothing.
I’m just thinking about meeting MR and that hair! Ok you cut it yourself but wouldn’t you do something with it? Even gel it? Bring clippers and give the sides a shape? Given how grey it was I reckon she dyed it so she does care how it looks to an extent.
it’s actually a big FU to MR that she turned up looking like she dosn't give AF and with a “poor me” vibe. Not as if she couldn’t have worn a wig is it.
Her looking deliberately scruffy is such a faux-casual vibe that she probably thinks is working class. It just seems false and inappropriate.

Her comedy glasses annoy me. It's like "I'm too kooky and unique to have flattering, basic witch glasses". They are sooooo unflattering for her tiny face, and the droopy shape makes her lips look droopy.

Edit: this just reminded me of another comedy glasses-wearing, deliberately ugly irritant, Lena Dunham. At one awards ceremony she actually looked good and very smart, except she had to ruin the whole thing with her stupid glasses. It's like she was too insecure to just look good. She had to remind lesser beings that she's above silly conventions like looking smart.

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.