Jack Monroe #112 Is that it? IS THAT IT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I inspired so many of Nigella's recipes I spotted Nigel Lawson in a hotel corridor when I was a housekeeper many years ago and hid until he had gone past. Anyway after seeing that video again earlier, I took a screenshot (note the cold shark eyes) and this has to be what she was thinking.
26141BD3-68BD-4EAD-A9F2-D277F2A5F74B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Finalised ten categories (plus honorary frau as a bonus):
- Most entertaingly bizarre lie - Gold plated Pinocchio Nose
- pile on of the year - A plague engraved with 'Twitter bully of 2020'
- best squiggle moment - A medal for bravery
- most nightmare inducing slop - Platinum Immodium
- best chaos - Silver Full Moon
- most outrageous waste of money - A burberry patterned Cotswald Sentient Sideboard
- selfie of the year - A gilded giant picture frame with a giant photo of Jack sans Facetune
- most useless and/or actively detrimental advice - A Pair ruby rose red lips
- most Urgent item on the to do list - Silver scroll and engraved quill pen
- best imaginary friend/enemy - A bronze cast of Love/hate knuckles

AND

Honorary frau of the year - A stereotypical statue of a Frau in dirndl dress riding a broomstick.

What I'd love is if we had a 'name' for each award as the ones above are just placeholders to categorise

E.g. for the slop one we could have "The Golden Bedpan award for worst slop"

"The wooden calculator award for most eyebrow raising purchase" (for outrageous waste of money... its hard to name this one without picking one of the nominations and seeming like im favouring that one...)

Obviously my names aren't great 😬 so please if anyone better than me at naming things has any good ones stick em at the bottom of your posts (including 'sloppies' in your post makes it easier to find 👍🏻)

I've added some suggestions 🤭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I inspired so many of Nigella's recipes I spotted Nigel Lawson in a hotel corridor when I was a housekeeper many years ago and hid until he had gone past. Anyway after seeing that video again earlier, I took a screenshot (note the cold shark eyes) and this has to be what she was thinking. View attachment 327816
I don't think the stylist, hairdresser or make up artist took to her, judging by the state of her.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
What do you all think about her claims to have been bullied at school? On the one hand she evidently struggles to make or keep friends due to her horrible personality, but on the other hand she has a massive victim complex so maybe her view of reality is off.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Could we add the “I stand on my toes because I did ballet when I was younger and know I can hold the position for 9 mins” bullshit to the most bizarre lie.
It was that phrase that bought me to the cabal.

As a former ballet dancer, this one really boils my potatoes!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Some more Sloppies nominations for the "Most Bizarre Lie" category (though, let's face it, with how easily "bending the truth" comes to Our Jackie we could be here all night):

- "My budget doesn't stretch to butter at the moment"

- The tenancy for the crappy bungalow which is somehow both fixed term and rolling

- "I always shop locally and ethically"

- "I'm 90% vegan but occasionally have to eat oily fish for my joints" = inhales Five Guys burgers, yellow-sticker chicken slices,
cheap, wet ham
and more eggs than Gaston

- "I don't eat sugar these days" within hours of posting about eating sherbet dips, doughnuts, chocolate bars, etc

- Invented Healthy Start vouchers

- Grew up "on food stamps" [note for clarity: she didn't actually say this, but piped up "That's me!" when someone on Twitter asked to hear from people who'd lived that experience]

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
What do you all think about her claims to have been bullied at school? On the one hand she evidently struggles to make or keep friends due to her horrible personality, but on the other hand she has a massive victim complex so maybe her view of reality is off.
She was probably just that annoying kid who followed the others around the playground, and they told her to go away.

The GQ thing is really odd. It just doesn't fit their 'brand' to have someone rinsing beans. There's so many other things they could have done with Marcus to highlight his incredible work in a fun way, and yet that's what they decided on?

Reactions: 36
Her Wikipedia page used to acknowledge the discrepancy:

View attachment 327854

Sadly some joyless Squiggle updated it. 😥
From the first article found, of the Google search 'Grammar School for Girls Working Class':

''In 1960 when I passed the 11 plus one of the middle class girls in my class said ‘there must be a mistake, Diane can’t have passed’. She was being perfectly logical, Grammar schools were for the middle classes not kids from the local council estate. Despite her misgivings I did go to grammar school, was put in the top stream, and, apart from when I went home, barely saw another working class child throughout my secondary school career. Professor Mary Evans in her autobiography.....

.....Fifty five years later grammar schools are even more of a middle class preserve.''

Calling bullshit, that Grammar School is not even remotely WC and by her own admission, she was no high achiever.

Absolutely fascinating responses to the guy/girl calling her out about the 2 cats she's had before, by the way, 'acknowledge the irrefutable lie but go straight to victimhood and make out that the question was a bullying one'. It seemed perfectly reasonable, this has to be manipulation 101?

None of this is particularly important in the wider scheme of things, WC, cats, etc etc. But it's all yet more proof of the completely fake and imagined life that she has created. She's role-playing for likes, when will the media call her out?

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Absolutely fascinating responses to the guy/girl calling her out about the 2 cats she's had before, by the way, 'acknowledge the irrefutable lie but go straight to victimhood and make out that the question was a bullying one'. It seemed perfectly reasonable, this has to be manipulation 101?

None of this is particularly important in the wider scheme of things, WC, cats, etc etc. But it's all yet more proof of the completely fake and imagined life that she has created. She's role-playing for likes, when will the media call her out?
Absolutely classic tactic by these twitter/IG types. They divulge vast amounts of personal information. When somebody sometime later comments on discrepancies they are branded as a bully and troll. Having a memory better than that of a goldfish is seen as sinister.
It's like you say - nobody gives a shite if she had cats before - but why lie about something so silly and then get defensive? That is the oddness.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
I inspired so many of Nigella's recipes I spotted Nigel Lawson in a hotel corridor when I was a housekeeper many years ago and hid until he had gone past. Anyway after seeing that video again earlier, I took a screenshot (note the cold shark eyes) and this has to be what she was thinking. View attachment 327816
She looks like such a little psychopath. Cold shark eyes indeed.

Reactions: 23
Alexis is sadly disqualified for homophobic comments and sharing false scaremongering anti-vax bs 😔

Will add "any follower brave enough to call Jack out" to cover all the brave squiggles, toom some guts for that squiggle to call her out and im so glad they did, hope Jack's fans didn't pile on
yeah, sadly Alexis was disappointing in her views.
I followed her for about 2 days and then it was 'oh hell no'

From a Telegraph interview with Xanthe Clay..

Xanthe Clay article..
How many GCSE's?
Have we got 'chip shop' on the job list?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.