Jack Monroe #112 Is that it? IS THAT IT

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't know why, but something tells me that many of you will enjoy watching this. About 3 hours of content packed into just a 30 minute documentary.

BBC iPlayer - Catch Her if You Can

These may not justify categories of their own if we have enough already, but they contain some iconic phrases or claims that may fit an existing award.

The Jack Monroe Creative Writing Award

1. Anchoïade

2. Sniping tedium of bullying ninnies

3. Haunted husk of dead-eyed nothingness

4. A tattooed sweaty upstart

5. Depressipes™

6. Conspiracy wankers really out here reaching tonight huh

Outstanding Commercial Deal That Never Happened

1. A £1,000.000 plus Hollywood offer for a movie about her life

2. Turned down 'Strictly Come Dancing' several times

3. Turned down 'I'm a Celebrity' several times

4. Stood in for Ruby Rose

5. Menu collaboration with a major chain she cannot reveal

6. Busy stitching things behind the scenes with Brand XXX

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
It’s actually quite a narc trait to break with convention and look rubbish or wear something which is ripped or damaged or just not quite right. Sorry most of the narcs I knew were men so it was more about clothing.
I’m just thinking about meeting MR and that hair! Ok you cut it yourself but wouldn’t you do something with it? Even gel it? Bring clippers and give the sides a shape? Given how grey it was I reckon she dyed it so she does care how it looks to an extent.
it’s actually a big FU to MR that she turned up looking like she dosn't give AF and with a “poor me” vibe. Not as if she couldn’t have worn a wig is it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
She's re-followed Billy Bragg. He hasn't followed her back. Neither has Ruby Tandoh. Wonder what she's up to, though. Trying to unburn some bridges, maybe?

• Wow
Reactions: 38
CD34EBA7-824C-417B-BC71-3B2129CCD9F6.jpeg
3A19D65C-15DF-4206-A8B8-5CA9292D52A5.jpeg
9370D91B-8D49-4023-8648-A7BF42F6DC7B.jpeg
1D5BABD3-FA51-4C39-9BEA-6A54477B19C3.jpeg

Such a way with words. Also, kneading with her usual nails and an open cut.
A5AC993D-A027-4AB4-BB14-1896D5382B94.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
It really does look like tit, doesn't it? Usually when people post pics of cinnamon buns I'm all

and thinking about making them myself, but with these it's like NAAAAHHHHH.

ETA her followers agree about the dryness, some helpful suggestions -

Screen Shot 2020-11-29 at 08.32.37.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
She's re-followed Billy Bragg. He hasn't followed her back. Neither has Ruby Tandoh. Wonder what she's up to, though. Trying to unburn some bridges, maybe?
Did she burn the Bragg bridge? That’s one I don’t remember.

Reactions: 15
Ah, the infamous weighty wistful whirls of whimsy. 🤢

In this recipe, she encourages people to leave their dough in a warm place for 3 days. She has no concept of health and safety. Given that she is explicitly writing for inexperienced cooks - and given that the Facebook Pound a Day group (her target audience) often sees questions like What can I do with some pasta? - she should be extra vigilant. People who know nothing about cooking will follow each step as it is written, without the experience to say "hmm this looks dodgy." It's a wonder she hasn't been sued for food poisoning!

Plus, those will taste rank - even yeast doughs that prove a few hours too long can taste bad, let alone a whole weekend.

20201129_095942.jpg

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Ah, the infamous weighty wistful whirls of whimsy. 🤢

In this recipe, she encourages people to leave their dough in a warm place for 3 days. She has no concept of health and safety. Given that she is explicitly writing for inexperienced cooks - and given that the Facebook Pound a Day group (her target audience) often sees questions like What can I do with some pasta? - she should be extra vigilant. People who know nothing about cooking will follow each step as it is written, without the experience to say "hmm this looks dodgy." It's a wonder she hasn't been sued for food poisoning!

Plus, those will taste rank - even yeast doughs that prove a few hours too long can taste bad, let alone a whole weekend.

View attachment 327967
Also (and I think one of us mentioned this when these appeared before) ‘weighty’ is not really what I’m looking for in a cinnamon bun tbh. 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Christ I’d love to have a professional food tech review her recipes. Like “how clean is your house” when they take a swab and grow it in the Petrie dish.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Also (and I think one of us mentioned this when these appeared before) ‘weighty’ is not really what I’m looking for in a cinnamon bun tbh. 😕
From the recipe:

These are dense, clunky buns, so there is no need to sift the flour. Just fling it in.

Mmm...dense and clunky...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.