Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm really interested in all this too, and I've also long wondered - do they know when they are lying? Or do they legitimately believe they are telling the truth, even when they spout the most obvious of falsehoods?

ETA good morning everyone!
I think they do know, if they stopped to really think about it, which they don't. They lie constantly, constantly framing (and then reframing as necessary) their image and backstory, lying is nature to them and I don't think they spend much time thinking about whether what they are saying is truth.

The reason I think they do know that they lie is that I've seen the lengths they will go to to keep a lie covered, and how they behave when they feel a threat of being exposed. If they had total confidence in their stories, so believed their lies, they would not feel threatened as there would be nothing to uncover, nothing to hide.

Reactions: 36
Managed to mangle my reply about the peach curry so deleted and started again. 🥴 I made it twice. First time exactly following the recipe, and it was meh. Second with tweaks. I love cooking and even with my tweaks it was still meh.

Reactions: 27
So I am supposed to be working (and I really am quite BUSY today) but I’m checking in with the canal and I have Now 70s on in the background. Up pops David Bowie (legit RIP) singing Space Odyssey, chatting about sitting in a TIN CAN 😱. It’s a subliminal message. I’m taking the hint and getting on with some graft. It’s what he would have wanted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Managed to mangle my reply about the peach curry so deleted and started again. 🥴 I made it twice. First time exactly following the recipe, and it was meh. Second with tweaks. I love cooking and even with my tweaks it was still meh.
Fruit in savoury dishes

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I think a lot of the time they genuinely believe their lies. They create this narrative in their heads and repeat it so much it becomes truth to them. And they're incapable of admitting wrongdoing/faults so it is only natural to assume that they think everything they say is gospel. They spin it so everyone else is always the bad guy or scapegoat.

Two of my best friends had relationships with terrible narcissists. It totally broke both of them and it took them a long time to get over the damage.
Reminds me of the McCann’s, they’ve told so many lies about what happened to poor Maddie it’s become the truth - both terrible narcissists (in my opinion, this has not been proven in a court of law)

Reactions: 31
Reminds me of the McCann’s, they’ve told so many lies about what happened to poor Maddie it’s become the truth - both terrible narcissists (in my opinion, this has not been proven in a court of law)
God, that's a whole other rabbit hole, isn't it! Gerry McCann definitely gets my spidey sense tingling.

Reactions: 33
Did we cover DARVO already, canal? I feel I saw it on a recent grunka.
Any new Fraus and Herrs May wish to familiarize themselves with Jackie’s main MO this useful acronym

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Omg it’s all kicking off in Brighton. A white woman has been pretending to be black and using black emojis etc. She’s been promoting black independent businesses but her identity has just been *revealed*
E695CAFC-0DB4-4350-966E-C354EB08E3D3.png
and there are a lot of questions where the money from her patroon and PayPal have been going 😬😬

I suggest taking a look at Zabby Allen on insta for the details.

• Wow
Reactions: 46
God, that's a whole other rabbit hole, isn't it! Gerry McCann definitely gets my spidey sense tingling.
I know, he’s so awful, such a liar and has made so much money from his daughters’s death
I remember the crimewatch episode when the McCanns were on the sofa and the police photo fit appeared behind them; the spitting image of Gerry. Anyway, I could talk about this all day but not the place!

• Wow
Reactions: 31
I find the topic endlessly fascinating. It's one of the reasons I just can't look away from Monroe.
Babe, same. I have two people in my life (not close, thankfully) that have narcissistic tendencies. I find them both fascinating and infuriating. It's only because they are on the tangents of my life that I can view their actions with some distance and perspective. I can't imagine what it must be like for their immediate families, colleagues, etc. From my very limited experience with narcs, I suspect they don't know they are narcs. They just think they are wonderful and anyone who can't see that is stupid.

One of 'my' narcs uses social media in exactly the same way La Monroe does. It's not usually outright lies, just insinuating things, heavily implying something, etc. and NEVER correcting people who then (understandably) jump to the wrong conclusion.

Reactions: 33
What I find grotesquely hilarious is when they start claiming they have Imposter syndrome. What so many of them have is the complete opposite of that!
oh I don’t know 🤔 she’s currently trying to impersonate, a cook, a writer, a tv presenter, an activist, a journalist, a nice person 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 25
There is a man with NPD called Sam Vankin I think, he wrote a lot about how narcs/dark triad personalities operate and he had been diagnosed, spent time in jail and wanted to change. I think there might have been some debate about whether he set himself up as the NPD expert to get supply and he wasn’t actually helping himself change, of course a narc would want to be the world expert on narcs, everyone looking to them as the expert...

Edit: I’m TIRED
I find it really interesting too, and this is one of the reasons why, you rarely hear about people actually openly saying that they are narcs.

On a lighter note, do you guys think Mackie was upset about the fox eating the garden hose because it was meant to be her penultimate forever hose?

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Someone recommended this a while ago and I watched it last night. Different league to JM, but very similar pattern of behaviour. https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p08vwr8y/catch-her-if-you-can

I find it really interesting too, and this is one of the reasons why, you rarely hear about people actually openly saying that they are narcs.

On a lighter note, do you guys think Mackie was upset about the fox eating the garden hose because it was meant to be her penultimate forever hose?
In need penultimate forever hose to be the next thread title.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I think it’s interesting that Jack equates being on TV to having made it. Being a published author isn’t enough, she thinks she deserves more. Fame and adulation and all the trappings that go with it. Remember her school exercise book from when she was a teen? It had “I want to be a star” written on it. I think a lot of influencers have that about them, a lot like reality stars, really. “I want to be famous”.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I think it’s interesting that Jack equates being on TV as having made it. Being a published author isn’t enough, she thinks she deserves more. Fame and adulation and all the trappings that go with it. Remember her school exercise book from when the was a teen? It had “I want to be a star” written on it. I think a lot of influencers have that about them, a lot like reality stars really. “I want to be famous”.
That's such a good observation. It's a very childish thing to equate success with fame. It ties in well with her believes about owning property and a million overpriced consumer goods as a measure of success.

Reactions: 29
So I am supposed to be working (and I really am quite BUSY today) but I’m checking in with the canal and I have Now 70s on in the background. Up pops David Bowie (legit RIP) singing Space Odyssey, chatting about sitting in a TIN CAN 😱. It’s a subliminal message. I’m taking the hint and getting on with some graft. It’s what he would have wanted.
I could tell some stories about David Bowie and subliminal messages, but 🔺 it’s a unique identifier, easy for any experienced tracker. Plus, I wouldn’t want to give away my life story before I get the chance to turn down some lucrative and imaginary offers on the movie rights. For the sake of my family. Would you do that?

I miss Bowie. Somebody genuine and private and committed to their work.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.