Jack Monroe #110 Hands up, who likes me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
as she said viral, I’m thinking online
I hope it’s not Great British Menu. I love that show and will have no option but to throw myself howling on the floor if she turns up on there. I’m guessing it’s not though since the chefs have already all announced their part in it and it starts next week, not tomorrow

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Ah @Lastoftheflumps that sounds horrible. Really truly awful. How are things right now? Have you been able to get some distance?

Whilst we are sharing stories about narcs.....I was 'involved' with a guy from work 4/5 years ago.

Very good at love bombing then ghosting, incredibly charming, clever, talented. I honestly thought he was wonderful. Then of course I realised he had all the appearance of goodness without actually having any of it. Classic narc.

He managed to keep a thing going with me whilst he had been in an 18 month relationship with another woman. I uncovered this thanks to some internet snooping. Tried to get him to admit it via some subtle prompting but he wouldn't. Then he ghosted me again.

I was so incredibly hurt and wanted to hurt him back (as well as expose him) so a friend of mine messaged his partner on FB and told her about me. When he got wind of it, he told her she shouldn't talk to me because I was unstable. He even went so far as to suggest I would kill myself if she did. For me, that was the final straw. That exposed him for what he really was.

She didn't believe me at first but Fraus I had THE RECEIPTS 😂

So I messaged her all of them, warts and all. The truth shall set you free!

They stayed together for a while I think but I snooped recently and she's with a new guy and looks really happy and loved up. I've been with my fella ever since (four years next year 🙂) and he is so simple and easy and wonderful. If you know what I mean!
I had an almost identical experience. This person sadly lost his wife but would use it to gain sympathy, women and money. He would also use her death as an excuse for his narc behaviours. Wouldn’t let me meet his family or children. Found out a few years later he was engaged and got married around the time he first ghosted me. He also had BPD (no offence to others with it, he used it also as an excuse to be an awful human being ☹)

I would pay for so many things like food for his children as he pleaded poverty but always had enough money for booze and cigarettes. He was always texting on his phone (other women including his then fiancé). Always milked sympathy to justify his issues. He also had a Mac computer, fairly new car etc.

He LOVED a Twitter pile on, loved to cause trouble and convinced so many people he was innocent and grieving. He also had numerous accounts to spy on people. He also held grudges for a long time. I expect he still holds a huge grudge against me for finally seeing the truth and calling him out on it.

When I had enough of his behaviour he then accused me of being mentally unstable, and when I tried to warn others, they were like I was previously; gaslighted and wouldn’t hear anything bad said about him and I was the jealous mentally ill one. I ended up needing counselling after someone at work told me I was a shadow of my former self and said “He is destroying you”.

Jack reminds me of him so much, which does trigger me sometimes. Which is why I hope she does get exposed and not praised for her awful behaviours.

ETA: Don’t care if the details🔺 me. If it helps others avoid him it’s worth it.❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
I will be very surprised if the viral thing tomorrow is anything but underwhelming and if anyone other than us and her biggest Twitter fans are aware of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Big hugs to all of the cabal who have had the narc experience. I do wonder if that is what draws us together- a shared need to keep receipts. When you’ve been gaslighted and victimized as much as a narc’s target, it’s a kind of protection.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
This Dancing Thing with the Handsome Tall Man. She called it a photoshoot at the time. And wasn't it a two hundred+ mile train journey away? Manchester?

Reactions: 23
Sitting in my car at 06:05 (summoning up the effort to book on at my depot) and Vanessa Feltz literally played Jimmy Nail
So I am supposed to be working (and I really am quite BUSY today) but I’m checking in with the canal and I have Now 70s on in the background. Up pops David Bowie (legit RIP) singing Space Odyssey, chatting about sitting in a TIN CAN 😱. It’s a subliminal message. I’m taking the hint and getting on with some graft. It’s what he would have wanted.
This very morning at 06:05 on Radio 2 Vanessa Feltz played Jimmy Nails "ain't no doubt (she's lying)" which lets face it probably hasn't been played anywhere other than here in twenty years.....she then went on to recap one of her words of the week "sesquipedalianism" which is "The practice of using long, sometimes obscure, words in speech or writing" who does that sound like eh? eh?

Fraus...I think Vanessa is attempting to send the coven a message of support and solidarity... possibly in cahoots with her dear friend and erstwhile colleague Uncle Eammon....

Or perhaps not. I do tend to get over excited when tired.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
That's a really good point @HotesTilaire

The multiple accounts, constant need to be right whatever the cost.....hello Jack shaped alarm bells.

I've enjoyed the sharing circle this morning. Thanks for listening you horrible bullies 😉😘

• Heart
Reactions: 47
What time tomorrow will be the big reveal.
I feel like we all need to be together for it..

My brother in law and wife are narcs. They constantly rewrite history to make themselves look good (and me and the Prince bad). Problem is they live in their hometown and tell all these lies to all the family there. Worst thing is Prince is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, he’d do anything for anyone. So the whole thing is ridiculous. I like to think it’s because they actually hate each other and are jealous of me and the Prince being happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Holy tit, scary narc stories. Hope it’s okay to ask, collectively, but how long into the relationship did you first sense that maybe all was not right with your partner? And did you ever catch them lying to someone else, and if so what was your reaction to that? Self-Denial, acceptance or confrontation?

Fair play to all of you for reaching the other side, sounds like a living nightmare!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
What time tomorrow will be the big reveal.
I feel like we all need to be together for it..

My brother in law and wife are narcs. They constantly rewrite history to make themselves look good (and me and the Prince bad). Problem is they live in their hometown and tell all these lies to all the family there. Worst thing is Prince is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, he’d do anything for anyone. So the whole thing is ridiculous. I like to think it’s because they actually hate each other and are jealous of me and the Prince being happy.
Goodness. I can't even begin to imagine the dynamics of a relationship where both are narcs!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Sorry if this has been answered already but when BPD is used here are we talking about Borderline Personality Disorder or Bipolar Disorder?

Reactions: 7
Narc spying = need for control imo. It doesn't stop at keeping documentary records or multiple sm accounts. It can mean stalking, hidden surveillance cameras, hidden recording devices, listening in on phone calls, opening the victim's post, having access to victim's bank and billing accounts and so much more. I've also noticed a lot of narcs don't work and will live off their partner or other victim's earnings and or handouts.
When I first started following these threads back in March I thought Jack was just an entitled rude twit but now and especially after reading other members accounts, I feel it goes much deeper. She definitely displays classic narc traits. A lot of narcs are never brought to justice, I think it might be somewhat cathartic for narc victims (myself included) to see to see justice prevail in Jack's case. By sharing our experiences and exposing a high profile narc we can also increase awareness in other people who may fall for the narc charm offensive or be a victim themselves. At the very least we can shame Jack into giving back money to people who can't afford it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I've looked back 👀

Early mention of the job, when she realized she'd need to wear a bra for the first time in ages:
Screenshot_20201001-140211.jpg

Day of the job:
20201001_085752.jpg

Job completed:
9BED2888-D4F7-4222-82B6-857BF9364FE5.jpeg

Thanks to @kachoochoo, @Silver Linings for the screengrabs.

Threads 80 and 81, for anyone who can be arsed looking for other clues 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
Sorry if this has been answered already but when BPD is used here are we talking about Borderline Personality Disorder or Bipolar Disorder?
I was referring to Borderline Personality Disorder. That guy used it as a weapon/excuse for his behaviours, but I thankfully know others with the diagnosis who do not.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I was referring to Borderline Personality Disorder. That guy used it as a weapon/excuse for his behaviours, but I thankfully know others with the diagnosis who do not.
Thank you very Matt Much Matt.
I've seen it used for Bipolar other places and wanted to be absolutely sure.

Reactions: 16
Sorry if I have gotten the wrong show. I am not very good at looking stuff up and also I think she might only drink coffee or tea on days ending with y?!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
“I know it’s terribly gauche to retweet praise” is, I’m sure, the exact wording Nigella has used in the past.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.